• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Home announced

Mista

Banned
unknown.png

Cloud-based service. Connects Pokemon Let's Go, Pokemon Bank, Pokemon GO, as well as Pokemon Shield and Sword.

Launches early 2020

Here is the announcement, via The Pokemon Company:
The world of Pokemon games is more diverse than ever, with a range of titles for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. Now, Trainers can bring all their Pokemon together with Pokemon Home, a new cloud service app that enables them to continue their Pokemon adventures beyond a single game system and manage their collection of Pokemon across many of their games. Smartphone users can also trade with friends or others around the world directly from Pokemon Home. Pokemon Home connects with Pokemon Bank as well as Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, the upcoming Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield games, and also Pokemonm Go. Pokemon Home is expected to launch in early 2020 for iOS and Android devices as well as Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just seems like an extra step (that will inevitably require Nintendo Online)

Saber

Gold Member
So, its basically an improved Bank 2? How wonderful...

If they want to be the next "pokemon bank", I'm pretty sure they will include their own fee as well.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Wasn't expecting it to be compatible with Let's Go. I wonder how that will work with Sword and Shield
I imagine it’ll translate the wonder/catch points stats into more accurate stats just like when you’d transfer a Pokémon from r/b/y to sun/moon (same goes for Pokémon go, which also was translated into proper stats via Let’s go transfer.)
Well it’s cloud save based so that should go without saying.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Awesome announcement. Will certainly get me put in more time into building my collection.

Now I just have to keep my Switch safe until 2020 since there is no backup for Let’s Go....

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since 2003, you've had the option of importing your Pokémon critters into newer games, including across platforms thanks to Pokémon Home. However, GameFreak is about to end that run. As part of an E3 chat, producer Junichi Masuda revealed that Pokémon Sword and Shield will only accept transfers from creatures that exist in the game's Galar region. That includes some Pokémon from other games, of course, but it means your beloved Meloetta won't be playable. You should still have a central collection in the Home app, you just won't get to use all of it.

Masuda explained it as a virtue of logistical challenges. There are over 800 Pokémon species in the game, and the Switch hardware is powerful enough that they can all be truly distinctive. That made it considerably tougher to bring in those other critters in time for release while preserving a consistent level of quality, not to mention maintaining gameplay balance in battle. The team had talked about multiple options, and decided that limiting imports to Galar characters was the best option.

Fuck Gamefreak.

Thurible

What's the point of this application if it isn't going to be properly utilized in the new games?

What upsets me about this is that they are effectively erasing some pre existing pokemon. One of the goals in the game is to be a collectathon of fictious creatures and now it isn't possible to 100%. Now the competitive players that refined their strategies will likely not be able to properly use them and be forced to make drastic changes to their teams.

Top Bottom