• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX announced for Switch

Mista

Banned

The Pokemon Company, Nintendo, and developer Spike Chunsoft have announced Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX for Switch. It will launch on March 6. A demo is available now and will let you carry your progress to the full game.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
About

What would you do if you woke up one morning…and you were a Pokemon?!

You can meet and recruit Pokemon in a dungeon-crawling adventure within their world! Build a rescue team to take on mysterious, changing dungeons and strategically plan your moves as you venture forth to make the Pokemon world a safer place…and uncover your true purpose along the way.

As you recruit Pokemon, these trusty teammates will need somewhere to stay, so build camps to house, manage, and strengthen your Pokémon friends. Think hard about who is right for the job and how to approach each mysterious dungeon as you prepare a rescue team. You’ll move a single square at a time or use Auto mode to speed up movement until you engage other Pokemon in turn-based battles—but don’t forget about Pokemon strengths and weaknesses! This version adds gorgeous watercolor-inspired graphics, and more! Get comfortable in being a Pokemon, there’s a lot of work to do.

Key Features

• Wake up in the world of Pokemon and uncover your true purpose.
  • Dungeon layouts will change each time you enter them, so you’ll likely not have the same adventure twice.
  • Build a rescue team to explore dungeons and engage in strategic turn-based combat.
  • Pokemon are available to meet and recruit.
  • This version adds gorgeous watercolor-inspired graphics, and more!
Gematsu

Banned
I'm not impressed with all of mystery dungeon title as it felt really generic, but would try this if the price drop to 25$ in the future (not likely to happen?)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Art style is a beauty. I enjoyed the DS version. Definitely worth a try for people who enjoy roguelikes (that's what the Mystery Dungeon series is).

Mista

Banned
Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork01.png

Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork02.png

Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork03.png

Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork04.png

Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork05.png

Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork06.png

Pokemon_MD_RT_DX_artwork08.png

I tried the demo for a bit and whatever filter or blurring technique they are using to achieve that painterly look is great in handheld and terrible in docked.

A real shame because I'd like the game to look great in either mode.

Edit: I suppose I should add the detail that I'm playing on an IPS LCD monitor so maybe it looks better on TV displays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom