• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon ORAS Super-Secret Base Sharing Thread!

BA6fqK8.png

Welcome to the Official Neogaf Super-Secret Base sharing thread for use in conjunction with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! At the mercy of our sadistic Gamefreak overlords, we have been granted one of the best features every to grace the Pokemon world: the player's ability to create and customize their very own house. Along with their Greek exoticism, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have brought us a few brilliant additions to the classic which will be touched upon in this thread. This thread's purpose is Poke-networking by sharing secret bases with each other, as well as exchanging pointers on how to make the best possible bases. Let's get to it!

Creating a Super-Secret Base
Creating a SSB in-game is very simple, but requires some progress in the game. After beating Wattson at the Mauville City Pokemon Gym, the player can progress to Route 111, upon which you will meet the new character Aarune, who serves as your instructor in-game on all things SSBs. As Aarune will teach you, a secret base can be created by finding one of the many different suitable locations and using the move Secret Power.

Suitable locations come in many different types including:

Trees
route110-1.jpg

Rock Faces
route115-1.jpg

and Bushes
route119-5.jpg

A full list of locations HERE. Massive props to Joe and his team over at Serebii for their brilliant work compiling information. I strongly recommend making that a regular stop in your journey for a top-tier base. Image credit also goes to Serebii.

Sharing and Receiving Super-Secret Bases
One of the best new aspects of Secret Bases in ORAS is that they can be shared by Streetpass, via the Passersby system, as well as QR codes. I'm sure you can guess which is more useful for this particular thread. A QR code can be created for your secret base by going into your base's PC and selecting "Manage QR Code patterns", which will bring up a secondary screen with the option to Share your secret base. Choosing this option will create a pretty little card on your SD card, which can be displayed like this:
60mXAq3.jpg

In order to then read others' QR codes so that you may interact with them in-game, you follow the same menus, but instead Find secret bases, which will boot up the 3DS camera, and allow you to load up the code.
The Pokemon Global Link can also be used to view your QR code, as well as additional information, after using Game Sync outside your secret base.

Super-Secret Base Features
SSBs can be utilized for many different things. The player can let their imagination run wild, but there are a few key ideas to keep in mind when you build your SSB for sharing. Most importantly is what the intent of your base is. Many players are designing their Bases to serve as their own private gym, in which case they may look into utilizing the Level Release decoration, which can be found at the Battle Resort, and allows for your team to be fully unrestricted when shared over Street Pass or QR code. Alternatively, you can make a secret base with the idea of aiding other trainers in mind. Many communities across the web have created a handful of "Blissey Bases" with high level Blisseys without attacking moves, to be fought for crazy experience gains. I personally am designing my base more for my own personal aesthetic gain, which is also very viable. The options are very extensive, and I look forward to seeing all the creativity.
In addition to this, SSBs allow the player to befriend "Pals" which are other players -- from their own secret bases -- which come and hang out in your base. Pals can give a variety of daily bonuses such as O-Powers, Berries, Evolution Stones, Decorations, as well as a number of other boons. Your pals will also be battle-able by people who download your QR code. There seems to be a lack of consensus on how their teams are determined, so for now I will leave this up in the air.

Other Information
This section will be added later, dependent upon what participants feel is lacking. Please shoot me a PM or comment in this thread to let me know!

J. Bravo

Subbed. Will post when I get my secret base. I've had the game since day 1 but literally just got to mauville today lol.

SoulUnison

Banned
Here's my base!
I'm working really hard on it, so I hope it makes it to lots of different people's 3DS's and they all deem it worthy of staying there!

2cn31fj.jpg

Thank you OP, very informative.

I'd share mine but I haven't touched my Secret Base since Aarune gave me it.

Thanks a bunch! First thread, and I personally think it needs a lot of work, but I'll get it up to snuff over time.

Here's my base!
I'm working really hard on it, so I hope it makes it to lots of different people's 3DS's and they all deem it worthy of staying there!
Will add you once I finish collecting today's flags.

Oh yeah, bases can also be acquired by random passersby as long as you update your buzznav. So doesn't need just streetpasses or QR codes to see other bases.

Oh yeah, bases can also be acquired by random passersby as long as you update your buzznav. So doesn't need just streetpasses or QR codes to see other bases.

wait, what is the difference between passerby and streetpass? I've never understood this since they sound exactly the same to me.

wait, what is the difference between passerby and streetpass? I've never understood this since they sound exactly the same to me.

Streetpass is local wireless. You're physically passing people who own DS's as long as streetpass is active. Streetpass works for other games as well.

Passersby are literally randoms who are online also playing the game. It's limited to Pokemon ORAS (Or XY if you're playing XY). You need to be online to get passersby

Streetpass is local wireless. You're physically passing people who own DS's as long as streetpass is active. Streetpass works for other games as well.

Passersby are literally randoms who are online also playing the game. It's limited to Pokemon ORAS (Or XY if you're playing XY). You need to be online to get passersby

OOOH. I understand. Will add that to the OP as well. Good stuff.

Added it. Since it's not terribly relevant to the thread, I'm not going to detail it. If anyone has a question about it I'm sure someone can help them out on an individual basis, but I doubt anyone will come forward.

The QR code for my Super Secret Base. Working on making these Blissey's Lv. 100, but figured I'd share since they'll probably be there by tomorrow. Lemme know if you add me.

1NFHNQs.png

Oh that's awesome, it uses the Pokemon's level? :-O

Yep. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll fight them at that level. The levels are scaled to yours up to Lv. 50 I think. The Level Release you get at the Battle Resort (it's a machine you put in your Secret Base) lifts the level limit and you fight the Pokemon at the level they actually are. You need to activate this machine prior to challenging someone though, so be aware of that. I did a Blissey Secret Base run, and sometimes I forget to activate the Level Release and I fight them at Lv. 50 instead of 100, like intended.

A neat trick (if you want to milk the Battling thing, especially for the Blissey bases) is that if you battle someone in their own secret base, then you add them as a Secret Pal, you can battle them AGAIN in your secret base. Then you can just let them go. So you can essentially get double the number of Blissey battles. Excellent for EXP.

EDIT: And all of my Blisseys are Lv. 100 now, so my base should be good. You should also be careful, since your base team updates whenever you use the PC (this is why I had a Gardevoir, Lopunny and Metagross set as my party instead of the Blisseys for a little while).

Top Bottom