• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon: RBY sprite merchandise coming to Japan on 2/27

Forkball

Also Green whatever

header-e1454986845790.jpg

Starting on February 27th, Pokemon Centers and Amazon JP will sell 8 bit Pokemon goods using the sprites from the original games. They have everything from stickers to shirts to hats (made by NewEra no less), all for totally not rip off prices!

6W3CMIE.jpg

52vWwJ2.jpg

CTAF9G0.jpg

ghQmYcO.jpg

WpUJxb2.jpg

iDoRApM.jpg

0ZFRXEp.jpg

P0RpfEI.jpg

cXoFBC7.jpg

Cushions: ¥2500
Pikachu hat: ¥5900 (lol)
Not Pikachu hat: ¥5400
T-shirts: ¥1500
Backpack: ¥8200
Bag: ¥6800
Keychain: ¥450
Pen case: ¥800
File folder: ¥280
Hand towel: ¥400
Bigger towl: ¥1000

I think this merch is pretty cool. When I went to the Pokemon Center, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more obscure or interesting merchandise like this. You can now praise helix in style.

Toxi

Banned
They thought a screenshot of Pokemon 1st Gen on a black background would make an appealing shirt design? Were they on drugs?

The shirts being a black shirt with a screengrab from the game printed on them is pretty awful.

Not gonna lie though, I dig the hats.

I saw the title and was going to be upset if the merchandise didn't come to the US, but the shirts are plain stupid (seriously, just screenshots?), and while everything else is awesome, I don't wear hats and have no use for the rest. Soooo... Guess I don't have to worry about whether or not these get released here. :p

Firestorm

The pillows are huge btw

CabY_QGUMAESY5v.jpg:large

Also from what I heard the t-shirts and keychains are blind bagged so you don't get to pick which one. Ain't Pokemon without some RNG!

Illucio

Banned
Pokemon is really doubling down trying to sell people on Nostalgia with this whole anniversary. It's starting to sicken me a little bit.
edit: In a good way.

Top Bottom