• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Rumble World?

GameE

pokemon-rumble-world-656x287.png

So what is this? o_O New game for Wii U? 3DS?

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...cfM0TEqXSOxlGDbpSSE4R%2fDzBotRnYDV3VgJ806VULL
http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-rumble-world-rated-in-australia-new-game/

Pokemon Rumble U is hype as hell. Heck, I even bought the NFC figures before I even had a Wii U.
But I might have to pass on this. The game seems a bit to violent for me. I really don't think Nintendo should try to appeal to the hardcore this way :/

DNAbro

Pokemon Rumble U is hype as hell. Heck, I even bought the NFC figures before I even had a Wii U.
But I might have to pass on this. The game seems a bit to violent for me. I really don't think Nintendo should try to appeal to the hardcore this way :/

huh

Mr-Joker

Banned
Pokémon Rumble World with Amiibo support, your wallet will weeeeeeeep.

Wut? :|

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does the fact that it's listed as "Multi platform" mean anything for Australian ratings or is that just gibberish? If it is multiplatform, this could be a potential n3DS/Wii U amiibo crossover title.

EDIT: Just remembered that some mobile phones have NFC support, too. I wonder if amiibo might be brought over there...could even be a way of moving data between a family of games that span a home console, a portable, and a phone/tablet. Hmm...

Does the fact that it's listed as "Multi platform" mean anything for Australian ratings or is that just gibberish? If it is multiplatform, this could be a potential n3DS/Wii U amiibo crossover title.

usually gibberish. iirc it's a way to avoid applying for ratings again

JoeM86

All Australian ratings are multiplatform

First NX game revealed!
Actually, in all seriousness Pokemon Rumble is a good first game for DeNA.

Don't get your hopes up. This is almost certainly 3DS/Wii U

Sounds great, 3DS is due for some good Amiibo games (not sure if Pokemon Rumble counts, but it has to begin somewhere... !) to start coming out now that the new 3DS is out everywhere. Hopefully we get a look at it in the likely imminent Nintendo Direct sometime this month.

Hatchtag

Banned
Pokemon Rumble is easily the worst spin-off series. Just absolutely mindless and boring. Why can't there be fun spin-offs again? :(

Lijik

Pokemon Rumble on mobile would make a lot of sense. Its really tedious but works in short bursts as mindless fun.

JoeM86

It sounds like its gonna be another Pokemon Stadium style game.

Seems like you're not familiar with the Pokémon Rumble series.

This series has run since 2009 and has you playing as Toy Pokémon absent mindedly blasting through other Toy Pokémon.

First was WiiWare, which had just Gen 1 & 4 Pokémon in. No real story, but cool Battle Royales. It was tricky.
Second was 3DS, Pokémon Rumble Blast. It had a story and all 646 then available Pokémon.
Third was Wii U, Pokémon Rumble U. It was more Battle Royale-esque, but had all 649 then available Pokémon and was the first Nintendo published game with NFC capabilities.

Gurrry

Really wish they would drop the Pokemon __________. Just make a god damn 3d pokemon game for console. Enough with the spin offs.

JoeM86

Really wish they would drop the Pokemon __________. Just make a god damn 3d pokemon game for console. Enough with the spin offs.

Main Series games will always be handheld. Developers have said so. Putting it on a console would add nothing while cut away the portable aspect which is why the games are so popular.

Spin-offs also have no effect on the main Pokémon game series. Different developers.

JoeM86

Nintendo and the pokemon company should get genius sonority back for another Colosseum game.

Genius Sonority have their hands full with their Denpaman series. In addition to that, they have been doing Pokémon recently with these titles over the last four years

Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure
Pokémon Battle Trozei
Pokémon Shuffle

Though I wouldn't be opposed to this. They have said they need something special for a battle sim, since the games are 3D as standard now, and that was the appeal of it.

cyrok

Seems like you're not familiar with the Pokémon Rumble series.

This series has run since 2009 and has you playing as Toy Pokémon absent mindedly blasting through other Toy Pokémon.

First was WiiWare, which had just Gen 1 & 4 Pokémon in. No real story, but cool Battle Royales. It was tricky.
Second was 3DS, Pokémon Rumble Blast. It had a story and all 646 then available Pokémon.
Third was Wii U, Pokémon Rumble U. It was more Battle Royale-esque, but had all 649 then available Pokémon and was the first Nintendo published game with NFC capabilities.

oh you're right. I knew about it but It really just slipped my mind completely. Damn. LOL Thanks for the correction.

JazzmanZ

Genius Sonority have their hands full with their Denpaman series. In addition to that, they have been doing Pokémon recently with these titles over the last four years

Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure
Pokémon Battle Trozei
Pokémon Shuffle

Though I wouldn't be opposed to this. They have said they need something special for a battle sim, since the games are 3D as standard now, and that was the appeal of it.

The next Battle sim should go yu-gi-oh style, use pokemon cards with nfc ships inside to summon the mons to d-d-d-duel

I am really interested to see how Pokemon Rumble handles mega evolutions in its accidental style (the models were originally from My Pokemon Ranch because when you're a making a Pokemon box game that can displays hundreds on screen at once you're going to use polygons instead of sprites so that means few polygons per Pokemon) which actually make quite good, if difficult papercrafts.

As sick of the series as I am, I honestly can dig a Wii U retail entry if they do it right. Make it BIG. Something like an open world or something. Luckily Rumble U is just mind-blowingly beautiful, it definitely has EAD's engine used in Nintendoland and whatnot, it's a sheer delight to the eyes. Something Ambrella has not demonstrated since Hey You Pikachu (Pikachu looks like a GC model in that, seriously, WAY head of the N64's normal capabilities).

NO THANKS to another 3DS game. We don't need yet ANOTHER 3DS spin-off. We had Rumble already at 3DS retail. Thankfully World makes it feel much bigger and more fitting for a console entry.

JoeM86

As sick of the series as I am, I honestly can dig a Wii U retail entry if they do it right. Make it BIG. Something like an open world or something. Luckily Rumble U is just mind-blowingly beautiful, it definitely has EAD's engine used in Nintendoland and whatnot, it's a sheer delight to the eyes. Something Ambrella has not demonstrated since Hey You Pikachu (Pikachu looks like a GC model in that, seriously, WAY head of the N64's normal capabilities).

NO THANKS to another 3DS game. We don't need yet ANOTHER 3DS spin-off. We had Rumble already at 3DS retail. Thankfully World makes it feel much bigger and more fitting for a console entry.

I have honestly never heard anyone say Rumble U is beautiful, let alone "mind-blowingly beautiful"

I have honestly never heard anyone say Rumble U is beautiful, let alone "mind-blowingly beautiful"

I know it sounds crazy, but have a look:

pokemon-rumble-u-screenshot-ME3050115640_2.jpg

What it lacks in poly counts it more than makes up for it with lighting and effects.

Yeah it's no PS4 game, but still something just really speaks to me about it visually. Maybe it's because Ambrella was never a pusher in graphics (aside from Pikachu's model in HYP as I said).

JoeM86

I know it sounds crazy, but have a look:

pokemon-rumble-u-screenshot-ME3050115640_2.jpg

What it lacks in poly counts it more than makes up for it with lighting and effects.

Yeah it's no PS4 game, but still something just really speaks to me about it visually. Maybe it's because Ambrella was never a pusher in graphics (aside from Pikachu's model in HYP as I said).

Hey, I'm not criticising. I like the art-style and the lighting further accentuates that you're playing as toys. I've just never heard anyone other than me say it out loud haha.

Why did Pokemon spinoffs have to become such trash?
They seem to be much more aimed at little kids these days with Rumble and PokePark and such. Even the 3DS Mystery Dungeon game seemed to be more kid friendly than the previous ones.

JoeM86

They seem to be much more aimed at little kids these days with Rumble and PokePark and such. Even the 3DS Mystery Dungeon game seemed to be more kid friendly than the previous ones.

They've always been this way. Difference is that you were a kid with the older ones.

I still think Game Freak is deliberately making all games not by them insignificant these days just so they don't get overshadowed. Like they have a final say of sorts and if any ambition is showed, they go NOPE! Make it gimped, we're the only game in town now.

The PokéPark games are very well made. Although they're targeted towards a younger audience, I enjoy them a lot. The Rumble series, however, is pure garbage. I wouldn't like those games even if I was crawling around in diapers.

Pokémon spin-offs used to feel a lot more ambitious back in the N64/GCN eras, but Pokkén is a step in the right direction.

SalvaPot

I still think Game Freak is deliberately making all games not by them insignificant these days just so they don't get overshadowed. Like they have a final say of sorts and if any ambition is showed, they go NOPE! Make it gimped, we're the only game in town now.

I dunno, Pokemon Shuffle is the greatest F2P game I have ever played, is the only reason why I didn't completely panicked when nintendo anounced they are going to make mobile games. That and Rusty's Real Deal.

They've always been this way. Difference is that you were a kid with the older ones.

They've always had stuff like Hey You Pikachu, Snap and Channel, yeah, but Stadium, Colosseum and Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue/Time/Darkness/Sky balanced things out somewhat.

I suppose Pokemon Conquest isn't too old though.

Edit: omg I forgot entirely about Pokken. There is still hope yet.

Nightbird

Why Rumble again?

I mean it's a nice Game if you don't have anything else, but it's not really the kind of Game people are asking for :/

Top Bottom