• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon new info - Starter evolutions, Demo, Ash-Greninja

woopWOOP

Bulbasaur->Ivysaur->Venusaur (including Mega Venusaur)

I have a hard time thinking of complaints of those three. Ivysaur also stands out as a middle form, being a Smash veteran.

The other Gen 1 starters, Charmeleon is basically unknown, and quite a few people dislike the drastic change between Wartortle and Blastoise.

But the Bulbasaur line seems fairly liked through all three forms.

Treeko's entire line are also pretty popular. Seems everyone likes all three of them as well.
I dunno, feels like people like Charmeleon better than the fat frog that is Bulbasaur's final form.
Personally I don't like Sceptile's face and odd tail a whole lot either, but this is coming from someone who likes a lot of the starter mid-forms better than their final forms so I guess I'm just an outlier :p

Izayoi

Banned
Marshstomp is a fucking beast - my favorite (starter) from Gen 3. Don't hate.

It's not about age in the "I'm a mature adult!" kind of sense, I adore many childish things. It's about age in the "this has gotten old after many years of playing what is essentially the same thing" kind of way. Obviously it's not the same as it always has been, as evidenced by my previous statements regarding the extra additions, but again, I am no longer interested enough to care about these extra additions.
What would it take for you to be interested again? A complete rework of the core framework in terms of the battle mechanics? More focus on story?

ffdgh

tumblr_oejvgbcm701uyzd4qo1_500.gif

XD
I laughed.

If I had a favorite starter trio.......
2 way tie between Hoenn and Kalos.

Izayoi

Banned
Also, to address the folks who quoted me earlier regarding triple battles, my issues with them are primarily in the function - not the form.

In the 3DS games, it causes the already questionable framerate to plummet. Especially in XY, with its clunky and slow-enough-as-it-is UI, I found them to be a chore.

I imagine it's why they are moving away from them for now. We will likely see them make a comeback on the NX, once the hardware is able to properly support them.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Jynx is literally just a woman in a red dress lmfao - in other words, a terribly designed Pokémon. Not to mention one that was altered due to allegations of racism. Please tell me that's not your entire argument for why feminine Pokémon designs shouldn't exist.

It was a joke.
I have Gardevoir in my team constantly.

Yeah yeah I know the old "I love feminine pokemon, my favorite pokemon are feminine" line.

Joqu

Since anecdotal evidence is clearly the best kind of evidence I just want to announce that my pokemon playing sister has expressed her support of brionne. She thinks it's a really adorable pokemon and it has cemented her decision to pick popplio as her starter

I'm glad this "issue" has been settled

Izayoi

Banned
Since anecdotal evidence is clearly the best kind of evidence I just want to announce that my pokemon playing sister has expressed her support of brionne. She thinks it's a really adorable pokemon and it has cemented her decision to pick popplio as her starter

Your sister has bad taste.

I'm so sorry. ;_;

Edit: I am a dedicated water-starter kind of guy, but this is the first generation I will be choosing something else.

brinstar

lol yeah I've seen plenty of girls liking Popplio and Brionne so reading the debate a page ago or so was freaking bizarre.

Nanashrew

Banned
Why has no one paired Brionne with Misty or the main character in a mermaid costume swimming around under the sea or putting on a show like what Misty and her sisters do for their gym?

I find it really bizarre how the fanbase responded so well to Braixen, but Brionne is getting the short end of the stick for looking feminine. Maybe its because Popplio implied a more potentially masculine looking evolution?

Anyways, I think I'm going to jump to Team Rowlett, I'm liking Dartrix's mask-like face and I don't want to get committed to another potential Fire/Fighting train wreck despite really liking Litten's design.

I find it really bizarre how the fanbase responded so well to Braixen, but Brionne is getting the short end of the stick for looking feminine. Maybe its because Popplio implied a more potentially masculine looking evolution?

Anyways, I think I'm going to jump to Team Rowlett, I'm liking Dartrix's mask-like face and I don't want to get committed to another potential Fire/Fighting train wreck despite really liking Litten's design.

Did they? I recall quite a lot of people shitting on Braixen because it was too girly and how GF AGAIN took a departure from a possible quadripedal evolution into a lazy bipedal one.

HardRojo

Favorite starter trio has to be Hoenn. I like all 3 final evolutions similarly, probably Stampert a bit more than the others.

i'm not convinced by that leak.

I'm not either. Many leaks have had correct stuff mixed in with blatantly false stuff so I think this is another case of that.

Edit: To the post below: The connection between the starters and Rockruff was a mistranslation. There is now nothing to substantiate the starters having split evos.

I'm not sure what to think it's dated September 15.

Yeah, and there's a decent chance other parts of that leak are spot on. But I know lots of the leaks that currently get discussed have had parts substantiated and have had parts blown out. Also guessing Ash Greninja (does the Chinese leak mention him?) as the demo gift isn't quite "out there" enough for me to see this leak as legitimate. But it is definitely noteworthy.

For now I'm taking all leaks that haven't been 100% verified with a grain of salt.

True Fire

I'm not sure what to think it's dated September 15.

TBH, I believe the leak is real. Pokemon's worldwide releases have really opened the lid on secrets. There are so many opportunities for leaks now it's almost overwhelming. It's why I sort of wish I went dark on this game, but at the very least we don't really know much about the plot structure of the game.

Kyzer

Banned
I might have to avoid gaming sites for a month once the demo drops . Ive never not participated in the pokemon leaks before but I just have a feeling about this game. I wanna be surprised

Carl7

I'm afraid they will put a bunch of silly limitations on the rental system. Imo you should be able to use it anywhere but in official tournaments.

TBH, I believe the leak is real. Pokemon's worldwide releases have really opened the lid on secrets. There are so many opportunities for leaks now it's almost overwhelming. It's why I sort of wish I went dark on this game, but at the very least we don't really know much about the plot structure of the game.
Yeah I'm surprised how much leaking this game has had. This is the first time I've been active in a Pokemon game release event/hype machine.

I might have to avoid gaming sites for a month once the demo drops . Ive never not participated in the pokemon leaks before but I just have a feeling about this game. I wanna be surprised
At the very least, the plot won't be spoiled. We'll probably get trainer classes, music track names, route names, and stats/names of Pokemon as most of these are probably essential to keep the game running without unforeseen consequences, but I doubt they're going to put the entire text file and maps into the demo. We might learn some plot things from it if they leave trainer teams in, but remember, in Gen 5 people were going on about Champion Bianca for an embarrassing amount of time because someone mined out her postgame team before anyone else's.

Actually can someone help me out?

When the demo drops and data mining ensues, can someone just PM me with the total number of new Pokémon (including Alolan forms)? That's the only thing I want spoiled on from a non-official source and I'm afraid going into the inevitable thread won't work out well for me.

gosox333

Was the post game data on the oras demo?

kind of, in the sense that every trainer and their team was viewable to whoever got in there. Along with all the new ORAS megas, of which we'd seen at that point so it wasn't like we were getting anything new there.

if GF doesn't do something different with this demo the same will probably happen, along with every new Pokemon and their stats getting leaked.

On the demo? There wasn't even any post game data in the final release!

Zing!
Lol ouch
kind of, in the sense that every trainer and their team was viewable to whoever got in there. Along with all the new ORAS megas, of which we'd seen at that point so it wasn't like we were getting anything new there.

if GF doesn't do something different with this demo the same will probably happen, along with every new Pokemon and their stats getting leaked.
Thanks!

Kyzer

Banned
At the very least, the plot won't be spoiled. We'll probably get trainer classes, music track names, route names, and stats/names of Pokemon as most of these are probably essential to keep the game running without unforeseen consequences, but I doubt they're going to put the entire text file and maps into the demo. We might learn some plot things from it if they leave trainer teams in, but remember, in Gen 5 people were going on about Champion Bianca for an embarrassing amount of time because someone mined out her postgame team before anyone else's.

hmm...risky. and if things do leak I dont trust GAF to not make a thread like "Sun/Moon Leaks: Kalos confirmed! (Warning: Spoilers)"

Top Bottom