• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass announced

Lrnex

At least they’re adding more content in addition to it but.. it’s still selling old Pokémon via DLC. And now the meta will have a bunch of it’s old powerhouses back so that’s another dexit excuse smashed.

Definitely won’t be a day one purchase for me but hopefully those who pick it up have fun with it.

Jooxed

Gold Member
They have been horrible ever since god knows when

Nothing will ever surpass Gen 1 or even comes close

Man, I love you Mista but I really liked some of the designs from the new gen....is..is this our first fight?

-Arcadia-

Banned
They have been horrible ever since god knows when

Nothing will ever surpass Gen 1 or even comes close

pDE6CPF.jpg

(I have no dog in this fight, it’s just funny. : P )

Fake

Not once did I ask why. I said they didn't release a GOTY/Complete edition of BOTW so I'm not expecting them to start with Pokemon. Are you drunk or something? XD
You're saying because Zelda don't get a GOTY edition so do Pokemon neither... Game Freak said Pokemon should never get a DLC method as well...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
You're saying because Zelda don't get a GOTY edition so do Pokemon neither... Game Freak said Pokemon should never get a DLC method as well...
I'm saying Nintendo rarely if ever does complete editions. They do bundles that include the expansion pass, but not a significant discount. We're just running in circles with this stupid discussion. Put the damn bottle down, sir and/or ma'am.

Fake

I'm saying Nintendo rarely if ever does complete editions. They do bundles that include the expansion pass, but not a significant discount. We're just running in circles with this stupid discussion. Put the damn bottle down, sir and/or ma'am.
Agree. Sry if my last post sounds rude.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Gen 3 had what...Gardevoir? Sharpedo? Metagross? Salameme?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So did they add all the pokemons in.this expansion?

And will it be free to get those missing ones?

Lrnex

I miss the old sprites the most. Gen 5 had the bounciest most lively battle sprites with vibrant colors. Now so many of the Pokémon (especially older ones) look blanched and just kind of stand there soullessly.

jadedm17

The future!

Im happy for casual fans enjoying but just remember youll be burnt too in 5 to 10 years when they continue to screw their hardcore base.

mcjmetroid

Release incomplete game

Charge extra for the missing content

Did Game Freak just graduate to AAA developer?

Well, now I am.
Couldn't agree more. Nobody has such little respect for their fanbase as Gamefreak does for Pokemon fans and in a sense they deserve this.

I will say that this DLC already looks better than the base game but that's exactly the problem..had they delayed the game 1 year we could have had this and people would be much more forgiven but what difference does it make:

The game sold record numbers and everyone has already forgotten. I'm not even a hardcore Pokemon fan but I refused to buy the base game because I had heard that it was short and had much less content than the 3DS games.

I had fallen out of Pokemon years ago due to its lack of ambition and was hoping this one would bring it back, instead the game was painfully rushed and with this DLC it becomes painfully clear what the original idea was.

I wish they'd prioritize balancing the damn game so we can actually have diverse teams. All the crying over National Dex when the online battles consist of the exact same mon's and teams every single game using the exact same set of moves because meta. And get rid of all the grind for making competitive teams and make it as simple as Pokemon Showdown.

Last edited:

Ascend

So the price of two DLC's is the price of a full game... Wow.... The days where there were a bunch of cheap DLCs seem great now o_O. At Worst, two DLCs would cost half the full price of the game...

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
So the price of two DLC's is the price of a full game... Wow.... The days where there were a bunch of cheap DLCs seem great now o_O. At Worst, two DLCs would cost half the full price of the game...

Best solution is to refuse to buy it.

ajim

Seems good and decent to me.

Id much rather do this and explore new content to get new Pokemon than head to an eb games for a timed release of a Pokemon etc.

Plus its always nice to play new Pokemon, and i really enjoyed sword and shield and liked a lot of the Pokemon.

Top Bottom