• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sword/Shield - List of ALL REMOVED Pokemon

Fake

- List of Pokemon

Empty spaces : - Hawlucha - Runerigus - Dhelmise

-
List of removed

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venosaur
Squirtle
Wartotle
Blastoise
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Arbok
Ekans
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran
Nidorino
Nidoking
Nidoran
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Jigglypuff
Igglybuff
Zubat
Golbat
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Belsprout
Victrebell
Weepinbell
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Drowzee
Hypno
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Lickitung
Porygon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mewtwo

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Wigglytuff
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Marill
Azumarill
Politoad
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Murkoru
Slowking
Misdreavus
Unown
Giraffarig
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Gligar
Snubbull
Granbull
Scizor
Heracross
Teddyursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Skarmory
Houndour
Houndoom
Kingdra
Phanpy
Donphan
Porygon-2
Smeargle
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Torchick
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poochyena
Mightyena
Wurmple
Silcoon
Cascoon
Beautifly
Dustox
Taillow
Swellow
Surskit
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Whismur
Loudred
Makuhita
Hariyama
Azurill
Nosepass
Skitty
Delcatty
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Meditite
Medichan
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Gulpin
Swalot
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Numel
Camerupt
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Cacnea
Cacturn
Swablu
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Castform
Keckleon
Shupett
Banette
Tropius
Chimecho
Absol
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latios
Latias
Kyogre
Groundon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Burmy
Wormadan
Mothim
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Ambipom
Buneary
Lopunny
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Happiny
Chatot
Spiritomb
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Tangrowth
Electivire
Magmortar
Yanmega
Gliscor
Porygon-Z
Probopass
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkray
Shaymin
Arceus

Victini
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Patrat
Watchog
Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Audino
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavany
Vernipede
Whirlipede
Scolipede
Petilil
Liligant
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Zorua
Zoruark
Ducklett
Swanna
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Emolga
Foongus
Amoonguss
Alomomola
Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross
Cryogonal
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Driddigon
Boufallant
Larvesta
Volcarona
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Zekrom
Reshiram
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Melloetta
Genesect

Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fennekin
Braixen
Delphox
Froakie
Frogadier
Greninja
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivillion
Pyroar
Flabebe
Floette
Florges
Skiddo
Gogoat
Furfrou
Skrelp
Dragalge
Clauncher
Clawitzer
Tyrunt
Tyrantrum
Amara
Aurorus
Dedenne
Carbink
Klefki
Xerneas
Yvetal
Zygarde
Diance
Hoopa
Volcanion

Rowlet
Dartrix
Decidueye
Litten
Torracat
Inceneroar
Popplio
Brionne
Primarina
Pikipek
Trumbeak
Toucannon
Yongoos
Gumshoos
Crabrawler
Crabominable
Oricorio
Rockruff
Lycanrock
Fomantis
Lurantis
Comfey
Sandygast
Palossand
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Nihilego
Buzzswole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Necrozma
Magearna
Marshadow
Poiple
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon
Zeraora
Meltan
Melmetal
8ce.jpg

Vawn

Banned
I don't understand Pokemon fans.

Games have never been required to have 100% of the things that were in previous games with each iteration. Holding the series to such a standard is probably a big part of why the graphics, engine and gameplay look more like a PS2 game in HD than a modern AAA game.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Games have never been required to have 100% of the things that were in previous games with each iteration. Holding the series to such a standard is probably a big part of why the graphics, engine and gameplay look more like a PS2 game in HD than a modern AAA game.

Typical diversion to the point.

The point was never catching them all and you were never forced to do so. The point is transfering all yours pokemons to there so you can have them without necessarally need to depend on the game it self to do so.

Even more, it was already proved that those models were nothing but their hd proof models. So once again they just import them to the game. Now you have an outdated levels of visuals that sacrifice about 520 pokemons except their dicklicking Charizard. And before people start repeating the same excuse, I'm pretty sure people would be fine with the cut if GF put a hell of game. Like, stunning visuals, improved models, more post-content and whatnot.

But hey, at least the game has "graphics" and open world right? Might be impressive for pokemon, but GF is ages behinds in terms of visuals graphics, perfomance...well, basically everything. This game is proving that the only thing holding them is themselves.

The point was never catching them all and you were never forced to do so. The point is transfering all yours pokemons to there so you can have them without necessarally need to depend on the game it self to do so.

Even more, it was already proved that those models were nothing but their hd proof models. So once again they just import them to the game. Now you have an outdated levels of visuals that sacrifice about 520 pokemons except their dicklicking Charizard. And before people start repeating the same excuse, I'm pretty sure people would be fine with the cut if GF put a hell of game. Like, stunning visuals, improved models, more post-content and whatnot.

But hey, at least the game has "graphics" and open world right? Might be impressive for pokemon, but GF is ages behinds in terms of visuals graphics, perfomance...well, basically everything. This game is proving that the only thing holding them is themselves.
I have to say, very well said. This is so on point its not even funny. I've said it before, but games like Dragon Quest 11 make me see how far behind Pokemon is as an RPG series. Gamefreak should honestly be ashamed with themselves.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
I have to say, very well said. This is so on point its not even funny. I've said it before, but games like Dragon Quest 11 make me see how far behind Pokemon is as an RPG series. Gamefreak should honestly be ashamed with themselves.
Eh DQ is not Pokemon, a whole monster catching genre itself. Sure maybe DQ Monsters is, but that's not the point.

The joy of exploring new regions, catching new Pokemons to beat the elites are not gonna fly away any time soon.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
In terms of region ratio, Unova has the most Pokemon in the dex then Kanto then Galar. When not even the debuting region has the most Pokemon. 😂😂

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Most of the Pokemon that I care about are in, but the amount of gen I Pokemon not returning is inexcusable and proves they were just lying because Pokemon Let's Go exists and last I checked all those Pokemon were in HD. I thought of the gens that one would bring back the most.

JordanN

Banned
The joy of exploring new regions, catching new Pokemons to beat the elites are not gonna fly away any time soon.
I know I'm an outlier but I gave up after Black/White. I've been playing the series since Gen 1 but after 5 generations, it just feels the same.

Even when the series finally made the move to 3D on the 3DS, I still couldn't justify myself going back in. It was not about graphics, Gamefreak just sucks at presentation.

They're still stuck in the PS1/Gameboy mentality and it shows.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
I know I'm an outlier but I gave up after Black/White. I've been playing the series since Gen 1 but after 5 gens, it just feels the same.

Even when the series finally made the move to 3D on the 3DS, I still couldn't justify myself going back in. It was not about graphics, Gamefreak just sucks at presentation.

They're still stuck in the PS1/Gameboy mentality and it shows.
I absolutely get the sentiment, especially when the gameplay loop becomes egregiously slow in D/P/P. I did gave up but came back after XY.

At the end I just love the flow of the game, the catching and battling mechanics of it.

Honestly this is how I feel as well. I haven't played Pokémon games in a while, but honestly if they deliver a balanced experience then the core gameplay loop is still pretty strong even if you don't have all the furries. I'll politely decline to buy it if the animations are ass and the game is a slog to get through.

Bryank75

Banned
So... I can't use my Metagross. Many of the best Pokemon are unobtainable, this is really disappointing.
IGN will still give it top marks though.

MagnesG

Banned
By the way, anyone want to make a bet that removing the pokemon is just a ploy for Gamefreak to sell an "enhanced version" that will just end up having them all in the end?

Think about it. Why release the game in its complete form when the fanbase will end up double dipping on a sequel anyway?
Lol I'm not surprised at all if that happened 😂

Thurible

By the way, anyone want to make a bet that removing the pokemon is just a ploy for Gamefreak to sell an "enhanced version" that will just end up having them all in the end?

Think about it. Why release the game in its complete form when the fanbase will end up double dipping on a sequel anyway?
You're probably right on the money. They always make an enchanced version and are clearly conscious of the ramifications "dex-it" has had on some of the fans and the meta game. I could forsee them adding more pokemon to the enchanced versions as a sort of feature.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nidoking and Nidoqueen aren't on Sword and Shield? Really? Oh but the GIANT forms take up pokedex slots?

If only there were hundreds of other Pokémon you could use :pie_thinking::pie_thinking:
Hundreds of em are entirely shit. I see...Gengar and Tsareena? Er two Pokemon I use on my teams? Huh.
Honestly this is how I feel as well. I haven't played Pokémon games in a while, but honestly if they deliver a balanced experience
I get it, you haven't played Pokemon in forever but Pokemon was never about balance. In fact it is worse now that certain Pokemon have no proper counters. :/

bosnianpie

This franchise has a generational gap and GF has decided to target the younger audience, which is of course the logical choice. Kids don't care if Bulbasaur is obtainable or not because he was a starter 10 years before they were born. Sword and Shield will sell a shit ton of copies and there's really no incentive to make everyone happy.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Guess what kids we are never getting a full dex again,

The leaker stated given the story there probably will not be a third version, take with a grain of salt.

I'm really not seeing the big deal your favorite pokemon will be back in future generations.

Barnabot

I was wanting to play a new Pokemon games because of:
  • Mega evolutions
  • Playing with older starter Pokemons
  • HIgh resolution graphics
I guess the game won't deliver for me.

I get it, you haven't played Pokemon in forever but Pokemon was never about balance. In fact it is worse now that certain Pokemon have no proper counters. :/

Well not competitive balance, but like if it's doable to go with any kind of Pokemon and still be a fun experience.

Nydius

🤷‍♂️

I suppose I'm likely in the minority of people who doesn't care. We were long overdue for a Pokedex culling. Constantly adding Pokemon in every installment wasn't realistic or sustainable and, given the limited types of elements and movesets, many Pokemon were redundant two or three times over.

Do I think Game Freak went about doing it in a poor manner? Sure. But cutting down the number of Pokemon was inevitable and it was certain to piss off people no matter how they approached it.

Last edited:

I do not think the Purge is a bad idea per se (the bloat is real) but I'm sad to see some of the mons out of the roster.

ED: Wait, the Aggron line is out? Metagross is out? Fuck this gay earth

Last edited:

Pejo

With the absolutely disgusting amount of money that Pokemon makes as a franchise, it's fucking PATHETIC how bad this new game looks. They had 2 ways they could please the fans. Keep it looking like a failed Wii game graphically and have every Pokemon, OR make it look amazing and cut the roster to realistic size. They chose neither and are rightfully getting blowback. The game looks fucking terrible and honestly it should fail. Again, the money behind this franchise could allow them to do anything they wanted, and this is what we get.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I suppose I'm likely in the minority of people who doesn't care. We were long overdue for a Pokedex culling. Constantly adding Pokemon in every installment wasn't realistic or sustainable and, given the limited types of elements and movesets, many Pokemon were redundant two or three times over.

Do I think Game Freak went about doing it in a poor manner? Sure. But cutting down the number of Pokemon was inevitable and it was certain to piss off people no matter how they approached it.
I don't think this is true at all. The sustainability of adding new Pokemon to the existing roster isn't a technical limitation. We've got games like The Elder Scrolls online where you can visit nearly everywhere in Tamriel and has a huge variety of monsters (probably more than there are Pokemon). Or MMOs like Final Fantasy XIV or WOW that have a huge enemy variety and heaps more content than these Pokemon games will have.

It probably just came down to a cost benefit analysis. "Can we ditch all these old Pokemon and still get people to buy this game?" Signs point to "yes".

DonF

Games have never been required to have 100% of the things that were in previous games with each iteration.
but sure is great when it happens!

we expect new game to add to old games, not remove!

you know most people lost their shit when smash announced that everyone was here! we now expect more from games...

azz0r

Banned
Shouldn't the list just be Pokemon in Pokemon Lets go but not in Sword/Shield?

They didn't say they were going to add every known mon, already, I thought we got past that drama?

MagnesG

Banned
At least 15 millions people and more who would bought this entry wouldn't care so you're not in the minority at all.

diffusionx

Gold Member

They've been using that feature to sell the game and keep people engaged for 20 years though. Do you understand why someone who has been reliably using these features for decades would be upset that it's not here now?

Plus there are Pokemon that were in LGP last year that aren't in this one. One of the primary reasons they stated for doing this was the difficulty of modeling and animating these Pokemon, but they didn't even put in all the ones that are up to their current-gen standards.

Saber

Gold Member
They didn't say they were going to add every known mon, already, I thought we got past that drama?

Thats way past dude. This was the pre-drama.

The real drama starts now. Because no way people would accept all the starters being cut. Even more so when Charizard is the only starter present in the game. If you remember how well the video about Gigantamax Charizard went, I'm pretty sure you can picture this now.

Also, I'm not sure how is your knowledge about XY, but people got extremelly critical about how shallow the game was. And since Sword and Shield already pointed XY levels of content, people will be as just as happy as now. Well...either that or just one another of those cases of "consume products and be excited for the next".

Vawn

Banned
They've been using that feature to sell the game and keep people engaged for 20 years though. Do you understand why someone who has been reliably using these features for decades would be upset that it's not here now?

They were also only creating 2D 8-bit black and white sprites for each pokemon. Now, they're rendering fully 3D versions of every Pokemon in the game.

The games still honestly look like garbage graphically, but the more stuff they have to make, the worse the games will look and they'll take years longer to produce.

diffusionx

Gold Member
They were also only creating 2D 8-bit black and white sprites for each pokemon. Now, they're rendering fully 3D versions of every Pokemon in the game.

The games still honestly look like garbage graphically, but the more stuff they have to make, the worse the games will look and they'll take years longer to produce.

Again, they don't have Pokemon in this game that are already modeled in full 3D, that were in a game that came out a year ago.

Saber

Gold Member

All the work they have done modeling were made in XY. The only work they have to do re-importing those models(which according to experts is an easy job, since the models are already in high definition) and creating new ones.

Actually, Monster Inc are responsable for doing all the models for them. The only real work is creating a game for them and they are not even good for that. In Sun and Moon they have like 4 models just for Lily.

Last edited:

Bakkus

OR....The Pokemon Company with billions of dollars in revenue could hire more people to be able to develop graphics to acceptable standards, to model every pokemon that exist, maybe even hire some decent scenario and story writers (I wonder where the ones from gen 5 went). GameFreak only have 143 employees. That's less than 2/3rds the amount of PlatinumGames. Whose games barely generates enough revenue for them to avoid bankrupcy. The way GameFreak and The Pokemon Company is handled is absolutely unacceptable by current year and current technology standards.

JordanN

Banned
Again, they don't have Pokemon in this game that are already modeled in full 3D, that were in a game that came out a year ago.
Not only that, but what about the models from the Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution games?

Even though it's from the Gamecube/Wii era, you'd think Nintendo or Gamefreak would have the foresight to just improve the 493 models that was created back then and just slowly update them every new console generation.

vZCUkt0.jpg

There really should be no excuses. 20 years is more than enough time to make the transition to 3D when other developers already did it before them.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

So I take it you got all in a huffy when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire also did the same thing that SwSh did? Also you seem to talk like you have played the final product. Why are you in such a rush to hate on it? Almost every thread that involves Pokemon has you up in arms claiming the game is trash - despite you never playing it.

Top Bottom