• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

tookhster

Greninja turned out real?! LOL!

Well, after seeing Fennekin's final evo, I'm leaning towards Froakie now. Which is funny because I considered picking Froakie last when the starters were first revealed.

Velcro Fly

I sorta like Froakie3.

Never liked Fennekin so I don't have much of an opinion on it's evolutions.

Waiting on Chespin3 since that's probably my first playthrough starter.

Hedge

What I don't get it is why does the clouds from Froakie suddenly disappear in the third form? Just doesn't seem consistent.

Also wish he was bigger, doesn't seem that imposing.

I find it odd that the two white spots on his nose is there in his first stage, then gets bigger in his second stage.. then disappears.

Atlantis

Seriously, Water Shuriken should have been special.

So we're looking at a Special Sweeper, huh? Seems to have some Mixed Sweeper potential, too, but I think that would be a waste in EVs / moveset to go that route.

His signature(?) shuriken move being physical based is kind of a waste with that stat spread :(

It's Attack is very close to its Special Attack. It's obviously supposed to be a speedy mixed-attacker like Infernape.

You also can't really tell which stat is being booster by its nature in that shot, it could very easily have equal offensive stats but have a +SpA nature.

11902.jpg

Now I'm bummed these are fake.

Why couldn't those have been the final evos :(

Past few Pokemon Gens have always screwed up on 3rd form, last gen I think the only 3rd form I liked was Snivy's design wise.

Fennikin's final evo isn't as cool as the fake one, but I still will be choosing Fennekin for my Poke-adventure. Interested in seeing what Chespin becomes though

It's Attack is very close to its Special Attack. It's obviously supposed to be a speedy mixed-attacker like Infernape.

You also can't really tell which stat is being by its nature in that shot, it could very easily have equal offensive stats but have a +SpA nature.

Special attack is basically 25% higher, that's a pretty big gulf; I mean, yeah, a combination of nature and ev spread could make up some of the gap, but I wouldn't call it very close.

Well, at this point there are 3 things we know/don't know:

1. We don't know the base stats.
2. We don't know the EV spread.
3. It's Mild, so that may make it appear to have a special focus.

I don't see it's nature on there. Am I just blind? Help me out!

I may be wrong but red indicates a stat that is being increased by a nature and blue a stat decreased right, which makes that pic a gee ninja with +sp Atkins and - def right?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kinda disappointed that he's Water/Dark as leaves 3 of my team weak to fighting, oh well it doesn't matter as it looks pretty cool.

DaBoss

/vp/ leaker talks about HM usage, only cut so far and it wasn't required though.

/vp/ said:
hard to say, i'm not that far and i've used cut twice and that was to get a item on the ground which turned out to be a leaf stone.

When i head back to town gonna see if it can be used to evolve flabebe

So are these move sets real then?

12002.jpg

Yes.

I may be wrong but red indicates a stat that is being increased by a nature and blue a stat decreased right, which makes that pic a gee ninja with +sp Atkins and - def right?

Yes.

Fire/Psychic is too awesome. my two favorite types, never picked a grass/water starter since i always think that water/grass is weak and fire strong. i just teach my fire starter 4 fire attack moves lol.

Firemind

So we're looking at a Special Sweeper, huh? Seems to have some Mixed Sweeper potential, too, but I think that would be a waste in EVs / moveset to go that route.

The only thing preventing me from putting Greninja on my team is its crappy ability. Torrent? Really? Why do the starters always have to be stuck with these useless skills? Hopefully there are secondary abilities for them.

Torrent could actually be useful for a revenge killer with possibly focus sash.

But yeah, I'd like Technician or something.

Caladrius

What I don't get it is why does the clouds from Froakie suddenly disappear in the third form? Just doesn't seem consistent.

Also wish he was bigger, doesn't seem that imposing.

Frogs are born with foam stuck to them that eventually disappears. I would link a picture but the only ones I can find have frogs in mid-coitus.

Elfteiroh

The only thing preventing me from putting Greninja on my team is its crappy ability. Torrent? Really? Why do the starters always have to be stuck with these useless skills? Hopefully there are secondary abilities for them.

MAybe not... His nature actually boost his SpeAttk... I would say it is a mixed sweeper...

Zomba13

yessssss Highly dissapointed with Fennikins 3rd. This looks like my starter now. Thank goodness its not part fighting. We've had enough lol

Yeah. Super disappointed with Fenikins 3rd. Kinda like that it's like, wearing a wizard robe or something and it's nots a Fire/Fighting but Geninja looks awesome.

JackHerer

Greninja looks pretty cool. I like the concept. I wanna see it as 3d model from a different angle in battle.

Delphox looks seriously terrible.

Umm, why do people insist on constantly posting Pokémon Origin gifs when some people have yet to watch it? This isn't even a thread for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom