• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y SPOILER Discussion Thread

Some general thoughts:

Diancie and Hoopa have the better designs, while Volcanion easily has the better typing. I keep staring at Volcanion's design in attempts to warm up to it, but the more I look at it, the more I just think, What is this? I was expecting something a little different from a Fire/Water type, but maybe I'm just being too harsh.

Hoopa is a really awesome pixie for this generation. x4 Dark and x4 Ghost is really going to hurt its competitive use, though. Hopefully it gets a helpful ability to compensate.

I don't think Diancie is Carbink's evolution, like some are speculating. I can't think of a family line from the same generation that wasn't placed in order numerically, while also having its later evolution be a legendary.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The typings are Rock/Fairy, Fire/Water, and Ghost/Psychic in order of this image:

PFYPetO.jpg

The dude is also supposedly working on showing us new Mega Evolutions.

I wonder how many Mega Evolutions there are hidden in the code...

I wonder how many Mega Evolutions there are hidden in the code...

Apparently, there are 30 dedicated number slots to mega stones, while we're only aware of 28 mega evolutions at the moment. Some are suggesting the remaining two will end up being Sceptile / Swampert to match Blaziken's participation in mega evolution.

Keep in mind, though, that mega stones can still be made available through DLC, so we're not necessarily only going to get two more mega mons. (We also have the third installment coming, which can include many more in itself.)

Apparently, there are 30 dedicated number slots to mega stones, while we're only aware of 28 mega evolutions at the moment. Some are suggesting the remaining two will end up being Sceptile / Swampert to match Blaziken's participation in mega evolution.

Keep in mind, though, that mega stones can still be made available through DLC, so we're not necessarily only going to get two more mega mons. (We also have the third installment coming, which can include many more in itself.)

Just remembered that Latios and Latias were on that trademark list as well. If there's two left then they might be the ones as well.

Wichu

Apparently Sceptile/Swampert have also been confirmed not to have new Mega Evolutions. Woo, conflicting rumours!

So there a story post game or something?

I am at the part when the professor just take you to the pokemon mansion island.
There's the Looker sidequest, which you get by:

1. Doing a challenge at the Battle Maison (Kiloude City)
2. Fighting your rival again at the top of Kiloude City
3. Going to Anistar City to get your Mega Ring upgraded by Sycamore at the sundial
4. Going to Lumiose City and getting a call from your Holo Caster.

ahahaha remember when we said it would be so cool because nobody would know the event legends until they were officially announced

ahahahahahaha :(
The GTS vector was a known one.

What was unknown was someone with a modded 3DS just changing RAM until something popped out <_<

He even apologized for doing it, lol

The GTS vector was a known one.

What was unknown was someone with a modded 3DS just changing RAM until something popped out <_<

He even apologized for doing it, lol

that's pretty funny though

i'm not really particularly bothered by this, but if anything, it really just proves that it's basically impossible to keep anything hidden in code a secret, ahaha

blamite

Dang, I regret clicking this thread, kinda! Well, I guess I would have run into the leaks eventually, so whatever. Diancie looks cool. Hoopa looks kind of goofy. It's kind of weird that none of those three are really the Mew equivalent, though. I guess Diancie is probably closest to that?

FSLink

Banned
I don't think Diancie is Carbink's evolution, like some are speculating. I can't think of a family line from the same generation that wasn't placed in order numerically, while also having its later evolution be a legendary.

I don't think it's an evolution, but they do seem related in a way. And apparently Carbink's Japanese name is Mereshii which is really similar to Dianshii too, and the obvious Carbon/Diamond correlation. Could just be a lore thing.

Zelias

Banned
Generally not that interested in event legendaries, but Diancie is pretty great. Hoopa is average, and I don't really like Volcanion, despite that interesting typing.

Neiteio

The typings are Rock/Fairy, Fire/Water, and Ghost/Psychic in order of this image:

PFYPetO.jpg

The dude is also supposedly working on showing us new Mega Evolutions.
All three of us those designs are EXCELLENT

I think the Ghost/Psychic is my favorite, followed by the Fire/Water, followed by the Rock/Fairy. All great, though!

Drago

I need to see Volcanion from a side view. Looks pretty dumb from just the front but I need to see the whole body before I make final judgement. I kinda like it.

Fire/Water is awesome either way though

Diance looks great, but I'm not feeling the others thusfar. But this gen is really the gen of "it looks better in motion", so I can't really judge yet.

So much for XY being unhackable, though. I can't say I'm not disappointed. :/

Tusk

Wow. :p Dunno if I regret spoiling these for myself, or happy.
Kinda a bit of both. Only surprises we had left. On the other, these are awesome.

I wonder if they'll find the blue pikachu in there, or the special evil one from that upcoming Detective game. I still get the feeling they'll be transferable some how from that game.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If they have the capability to force wild encounters with unavailable Event Pokemon, I'm sure it'll be easy to do that with the necessary Pokemon when they discover new Mega Stones...

Caladrius

If they have the capability to force wild encounters with unavailable Event Pokemon, I'm sure it'll be easy to do that with the necessary Pokemon when they discover new Mega Stones...

Yeah, but demanding them only a few hours after snagging what are arguably the most important finds?

Top Bottom