• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X/Y influenced by Kingdom Hearts? ~Spoilers~

qq more

Isn't there some thing in KH about anagrams of names with an X added? (Never actually played it)

Check it out, Serena (default girl character name) and Xerneas.

what the fuck

holy shit

to be honest though, coincidences aside, a lot of the points are kind of stretching it.

Mr. RHC

OP, I can provide even more (Black and White tho)

xehanort_in_pokemon_black_and_white_xd_by_fi_re-d4rjzg6.jpg

Mupod

What I learned today is that kingdom hearts invented plants, goats, bats, lions, dinosaurs, stained glass windows, castles, wars and key rings.

RagnarokX

1. Pokemon has done this kind of stuff before.
2. Kingdom Hearts invented lions, dinosaurs, goats, flowers, and bats?
3. Pokemon has done castles before. Like the last 3 pokemon leagues have been castles.
GrcQtcG.png

TJFotUa.png

4. Kingdom Hearts invented stained glass, friendship, and wars. AZ didn't research something that went wrong. He decided to end the war with a WMD. Basically World War 2.

Pokemon with a car key, now that's an evolution.

The keys aren't part of the pokemon. It's a mischievous kleptomaniac fairy that steals and/or is given keys from people.

Zomba13

Ok. After the Serena -> Xerneas and the biker looking like Xehonort I'm back in. Pokémon world is just a Disney world and part of the KH universe. Disney owns Nintendo it's just a secret. All will be revealed when out lord Nomura grants us the privilege to see the grand vision held within the KHIII game disc.

Clefargle

Lions look like lions
Flowers look like flowers
Castles look like castles
Stained glass looks like stained glass
Keys look like keys

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Kingdom Hearts invented the Tamagotchi as well as Dinosaurs, Flowers, Goats, Bats and Lions.

Oh and stained glass.

Truly a trendsetter.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Castles aint new either.

I feel you're stretching it here. All these are well known tropes in adventure rpgs

Zomba13

Wait. If Xerneas is Serena's nobody and is up and running while Serena is is he a special one like Roxas? When does Serena get her keyblade? Why is Xehanort not in X/Y? Are they saving him till Z? If I can catch one nobody can I catch Axel?
I need more answers.

botty

Banned
Isn't there some thing in KH about anagrams of names with an X added? (Never actually played it)

Check it out, Serena (default girl character name) and Xerneas.

Thank you.

I wonder what else is in Pokemon X/Y that I haven't even discovered yet.

Azure J

I don't know about Kingdom Hearts, but X/Y definitely take a lot of cues from The World Ends With You mechanically.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Talk of a past Pokemon War that seems similar to the Keyblade War spoke in in

That's just because Kalos is based on France which has been in lot of wars.

Thank you.

I wonder what else is in Pokemon X/Y that I haven't even discovered yet.

Well the fact that Pokémon Z could be set in another region.

So this is what Pokemon has become? Glad I got out

Oh yes because the Pokémon in generation 1 was clearly so much better.

Screw the haters Klefki is awesome.

Lol, I actually kinda like the Klefki design, he just likes to hold onto people's keys. I enjoy quite a few new designs for Pokemon X/Y, surprised me tbh.

We had magnets back then (gen I), that evolved into more magnets glued together, we had toxic waste, how is this any worse? People let nostalgia get in the way when judging stuff. Pokemon was always weird.

On topic though, I'd say you're reaching. Yea, those pokemon have some similarities, but then again, they have similarities to their real world counterparts. The pokemon amie thing, maybe they got inspired by it? Maybe by Nintendogs, who knows.

So this is what Pokemon has become? Glad I got out
That's in my opinion one of the best designs in the new generation.
Firstly, because the keys are not part of the Pokémon.
Secondly, because this Pokémon represents perfectly what a steel/fairy could look like, as the guardian of people's keys.
And thirdly, because those games are all about its gameplay system, and those strange double types (fairy/steel) add tons of possibilities when it comes to strategy planning.

Lebron

That's in my opinion one of the best designs in the new generation.
Firstly, because the keys are not part of the Pokémon.
Secondly, because this Pokémon represents perfectly what a steel/fairy could look like, as the guardian of people's keys.
And thirdly, because those games are all about its gameplay system, and those strange double types (fairy/steel) add tons of possibilities when it comes to strategy planning.
So can you actually collect the keys it drops and find which house(or whatever it opens) it belongs too?

lol @ hating on Klefki

also OP mains Dhalsim confirmed

i too was a klefki hater at first

then i discovered it is a beastly dual screen user and is not to be trifled with

Also OP this seems like quite a stretch.

Are screens considered status moves for the purposes of Prankster?

Lebron

Not in the game no, beside Klefki wouldn't have given them up easily.

Bummer. I still don't like the look, but I'll agree that it seems to be an interesting design choice with an actual function. Just thought they gave it random ass keys for kicks. Thanks.

Village

Some of those DDD creatures look better than the actuall Pokemon.

Also I would believe it, I think more things should copy off kh.

R0ckman

Because it's a fucking awesome design. The keys are given to it by local villagers for safekeeping.

Then you catch it and the local villagers are fucked. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No it's not. An awesome design is to make a key charm fairy that holds keys with a ring that makes it look like hair. NOT a key with a key hole face. This equal to making a walking pile of shit and the fans saying its an awesome design because its "bold and new". Its the stupid modern art syndrome.

Top Bottom