• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament Livestream (July 3rd - 20:00 JST)

JoeM86

Livestream announced on NicoNico

Will reveal the start date for the arcade machine in arcades as well as new playable Pokémon and information. Also features a tournament of guests using Gengar and various other Pokémon

12:00 BST, 13:00 CEST, 20:00 JST, 07:00 EDT and 04:00 PDT

Stream Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv225863904

Zyrox

I was wondering just the other day when we would hear more news regarding this game. And well, there it is. Looking forward to that stream.
New playable Pokémon, as in, plural?

JoeM86

I'm still hoping for Hoopa Unbound for this or Smash, but it's 21 foot tall so it's not likely for either

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I know it's too early for the Wii U reveal (if it will ever happen), but I'll watch this anyway, looking for new characters to be revealed.

LogicGoat

Neo Member
Honestly, this game would sell me on a Wii U if it ever comes out on there. It's a shame it didn't get made earlier in the Wii U's lifecycle tbh. I'm sure that it would've pushed a lot of consoles.

Really hoping for Mewtwo/Mew as the final boss. (If there's a traditional fighter arcade mode)

I'm still hoping for Hoopa Unbound for this or Smash, but it's 21 foot tall so it's not likely for either

Damn, that could be a great final boss if it wasn't so huge =P

I need Greninja.

Also, don't expect a Wii U reveal until after the arcade version is released.

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to steal thunder from the arcade version. IF they're porting it to home systems, I wonder what kind of turn-around time we're looking at. With the Tekkens it's like 1-2 years.

Neoxon

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to steal thunder from the arcade version. WHEN they're porting it to home systems, I wonder what kind of turn-around time we're looking at. With the Tekkens it's like 1-2 years.
FTFY. Say what you want about their other arcade games, but when it comes to fighting games, they always get them to consoles. More so with Harada involved.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
pika is the only not fully evolved mon there right (barring single evos)

hahahaha poor raichu

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Anything that isn't from first gen is welcomed although right now we have no gen V/VI rep I believe. Sylveon would be cool since it wasn't in Smash.

And IIRC Pikachu wasn't popular until the anime and Yellow.

I thought they made Pikachu the mascot because of how popular it was in Red and Green.

edit: from an old Time Asia interview:
Tajiri: When they did the anime, they wanted a specific character to focus on. Pikachu was relatively popular compared with the others and potentially both boys and girls would like it. They heard a lot of opinions about this. It wasn't my idea.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If Pikachu had been added in a later generation, Raichu and Pichu probably wouldn't have even existed at all.

The last Pikachu clone to evolve was Marril, if Marril even counts as a Pikachu clone.

Nay, only fans through pikablu consider Marill as a pikaclone. The games don't (Pichu is the pikaclone of Gen II).

888eddyx

Does anyone know how long it took for the last Tekken arcade game to be announced to be ported to consoles? I just wanted to know as a rough gage for when this could be announced.

BadWolf

Does anyone know how long it took for the last Tekken arcade game to be announced to be ported to consoles? I just wanted to know as a rough gage for when this could be announced.

The console version of Tekken Tag 2 was released a year after arcades.

Platy

The arcade release is really close .... so how many new characters can we expect to be revealed now ?

Top Bottom