• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament - Special Wired Controller to be released

JoeM86

Just got announced
CWQUTvmUwAALQlW.jpg:orig
3480 Yen. March 18th 2016 release. Replicates the controller from the arcade unit

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokken_wiiU/news/151215_01.html?i001=news

BiggNife

Cool but, what advantages does it offer over the pro controller?
Better d pad positioning I guess.

It's worth mentioning that these are almost identical to the controllers the arcade version uses,so it's probably designed specifically for arcade players who want the same experience at home.

KevinCow

Banned
But... why? This isn't like Smash where the Gamecube controller is extremely different from the regular controller. This is basically just the Pro controller minus a bunch of features.

BiggNife

But... why? This isn't like Smash where the Gamecube controller is extremely different from the regular controller. This is basically just the Pro controller minus a bunch of features.
It's for arcade players that want the same controller feel as the arcade version at home.

Is there a big enough competitive Pokken arcade scene to justify these controllers?

Seems super weird. Feels like they'll be much more interest in replica, NES, SNES and N64 controllers you can plug in to a Wii U.

Wonder if they'll even bother releasing this stateside. If they try to push it as a competitive game then I wouldn't be surprised if Namco helped get it released here. Wireless controllers and tournament setups don't mix.

Whens blastoise you pandering jerks.

One slot should be with another charizard so that players could get to be his other mega

JoeM86

Is there a big enough competitive Pokken arcade scene to justify these controllers?

Seems super weird. Feels like they'll be much more interest in replica, NES, SNES and N64 controllers you can plug in to a Wii U.

Pokkén has been one of the most popular arcade games in Japan since it launched.

People have the belief otherwise since one arcade in Japan wasn't turning a profit on it and removed it, and that news got twisted to be that it was doing poorly.

It seems like this connects to the Wiimote (based on Google Translate). That kind of defeats the purpose to me.

You're reading the bit about the Classic Controller Pro compatibility.

RM8

Please be USB, I want these for PC. I'll probably play Pokkén on the gamepad, like I do with most WiiU games :p

Peléo

Joe, what is the general feedback from the FGC? Do you have any info about what they think about the gameplay ?

Miker

Looks kinda cool, I guess. I'm glad they went with a simple design instead of having four different versions with different Pokemon plastered all over each one.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You're reading the bit about the Classic Controller Pro compatibility.

Oh, oops. I guess I didn't understand how that asterisk was working. I hope I haven't misled anyone. I'll edit my post.

Anth0ny

The price is pretty reasonable, but I'm guessing it will only be compatible with one game like the GCN controller?

except the gamecube controller is also compatible with the entire gamecube library + vc library + a bunch of wii games lol

this will likely be compatible with literally only one game

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
except the gamecube controller is also compatible with the entire gamecube library + vc library + a bunch of wii games lol

this will likely be compatible with literally only one game

well, on the wii. I don't think the same applies to the wii u, unless something has changed.

I wonder if this is recognized as a pro controller, if it is, maybe worth picking up? Or does it connect via the wii remote?

Top Bottom