• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken - Blaziken "arcade test" out, video

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So apparently Blaziken is out for arcade testing now. Not sure what that means, but he's now included in the cast.

Here's a guy playing terribly against Blaziken CPU.

Holy shit that ATATATATATA punching. He now thoroughly reminds me of Ken with Kim.

ALSO BLAZIKEN BURST ATTACK HOLY FUCK

Also pics from the site

ph_chara9_1.png

ph_chara9_2.png

ph_chara9_3.png

ph_chara9_4.png

Boss Doggie

I'm more annoyed CPU Blaziken didn't use the resonance attack but judging by the pics it looks like a flaming rider kick.

Diffense

The player says he's playing with one hand and recording with the other. That explains why Lucario isn't doing anything.

Boss Doggie

The player says he's playing with one hand and recording with the other. That explains why Lucario isn't doing anything.
Looks like the guy want Blaziken CPU to show Blaziken's moves and stuff but AI is just awful.

Yeah, but I'm kinda pissed the AI wasn't cooperative lol

Still we know Blaziken has projectiles, that uppercut, and that rapid punching too.

Verelios

Some bull the superior starters were pushed to the side but that is pretty cool.

Probably going to see a hadoken fire blast.

Boss Doggie

How popular is this game? I don't see many videos of people playing each other.

From what I heard this had lines. It's just not many people record it. There's this guy who really, really loves Weavile who got direct feed.

KdylanR92

I cannot wait to play as the best starter and pokemon ever created.

All other fire starters can only hope to bask in the glory that is Blaziken as he shines as a God in front of them.

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah searching with ポッ拳 in youtube and setting it to Upload Date will net many videos.

Zalman

Are they going to keep adding new characters in the upcoming months? Or is this it? Because that would be a shame.

TreIII

Are they going to keep adding new characters in the upcoming months? Or is this it? Because that would be a shame.

Adding in new characters via periodic updates has been the main MO for Namco's arcade games for several years. So that would be the bet.

We can probably look forward to a couple more "time unlocks" before we talk about a console version bringing possibly even more.

I fully expect this game to get delayed and end up on the NX. Why put it on a dead console (WiiU)?

To support the customers that spent $300+ dollars already that they would like to also buy their next console despite being disillusioned by Wii U support. Wii U is kick ass, but they have to really make good on it. If "only hardcore Nintendo fans" bought the Wii U then that would be a shitty demographic to lose for them.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I always did like Blaziken design and seeing him fight is awesome.

Which means that Infernape will be even more awesome. >:D

I fully expect this game to get delayed and end up on the NX. Why put it on a dead console (WiiU)?

Because it is very unlikely that the NX will be released in 2016.

Uthred

Cant help but think a smooth crotch would have been less visually distracting, a sentence I hoped I would never write a bout a Pokemon game, guess this is the nadir

Mory Dunz

Yeah, this game looks good. After watching videos of better players (than the official nico nico streams of before) I'm starting to get whats going on.

I'll probably get if it comes to consoles.

Boss Doggie

Yeah, this game looks good. After watching videos of better players (than the official nico nico streams of before) I'm starting to get whats going on.

I'll probably get if it comes to consoles.

One thing I like is that they listened to feedback. Notice how the transition to Field and Duel mode is faster than when the game was shown?

Mory Dunz

One thing I like is that they listened to feedback. Notice how the transition to Field and Duel mode is faster than when the game was shown?

Oh yeah. When the game was first shown, the long transititons was the problem that stuck out the most.

I had a feeling it was faster, but after watching an old Pokken video, yeah it's a lot faster. Nice.

Gameplay also seems better since it's real players playing now. I'm starting to pick up some of the spacing game. And certain moves can be charged right? Like Suicune's Aurora/Ice Beam? Also, I wonder if some moves can be changed in mid animation depending on input. Weavil has a move where he gets on a ice block in the air. Sometimes it shoots at an angle, sometimes, shoot straight down, sometimes it goes down with Weavil on top...

Also, are the graphics better now too?
lol, probably not. It's likely due to low quality nico streams before and the lack of pretty looking stages at first (i.e. the grass plains one being used mostly).

Top Bottom