• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament Deluxe announced for Nintendo Switch

Dystify

Launching September 22nd. (Same day as Pokémon Gold / Silver on Virtual Console.)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-CBOrLnb0 (Also shows Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon at the end)

• Compatible with tabletop mode, TV mode, and handheld mode
  • New fighter: Decidueye from Pokémon Sun and Moon
  • 5 new Pokémon added, bringing the total to 21
  • All fighters are unlocked from the start
  • New battle modes such as Team Battle and other features (Incl. ranked, friendly and group match for online play)
  • Playable demo at E3. No info if we're getting a downloadable demo like on Wii U.
  • Will be shown at the Treehouse stream at E3, and have its own Invitational on June 14th, 10:30 am PT. More info below.
Website: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokken-tournament-dx/
Nintendo: https://e3.nintendo.com/

DBpWrWAXkAADsQm.jpg

Fighters:

Boxart:

German name/logo:

maxcriden

Just announced on stream. Will edit in details.

Coming 09/22/2017.

- includes 5 new Pokemon
- ranked, friendly and group match for online play
- starting June 13th, there will be a playable demo
- will be showcased during Treehouse Live and and Invitational event at E3 as well

Awesome, but kinda shitty at the same time. At this point, the only reason to own a Wii U during its lifetime was for Splatoon 1. What a clusterfuck.

Shiggy

Hm, is that what they called it? I thought I heard Pokken Tournament Deluxe.

Nah, that's the official title. The previous game was just called Pokemon Tekken in Europe, as Pokken means pox in Dutch and also sounds like the German word for that. So it's surprising they went with Pokken now.

Gestault

This is a smart move. That game ended up being way off the beaten path, just because of the original platform. It looks cool and plays differently. I don't "love" it as a fighter, but I've seen plenty of people who do. Even just in the FGC, it has some real support.

I'm sure many are disappointed but Pokken is a great game that was in dire need of a Switch port. The Wii U version was never updated with the new characters and it couldn't even run in HD on the system.

Galang

Banned
Decidueye was the best choice from sun/moon at least... But they could have added like one more pokemon from that region though... Pheromosa would have been perfect.

I dont know shit about Pokemon. But to add some positivity around here i thought that Pokken Tournament for Switch looked kinda cool.

Hylian7

They seemed to confirm local play, but didn't show how it will work.

For those that don't know, the game kind of has to be behind your Pokemon to really work, hence why the Wii U version had one player on Gamepad screen and the other on TV. The arcade version had two different screens. I'm sure they'll probably demonstrate it at E3, but I would like to see how it works. My guess is just splitscreen play.

DrArchon

It had better run at 60 fps for local multiplayer. Having local multiplayer locked to 30 fps unless you had two tvs was awful.

Genuinely more exciting to me than a Sun/Moon successor could ever have been even if it were on Switch.
Come to me my playable Decidueye, talk about making the right choice.

And now I can make a trio of awesome starter birds, YES!

Mory Dunz

How does 3v3 work? They could've shown it.

Is it a mini-survival mode or can you actually switch?

And why was 2v2 skipped?

Looks good. My friends enjoyed this one a bit, and now it'll be way easier to play with them without needing to lug the Gamepad around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Great news!

Was holding off getting the Wii U version as I suspected we would get a port with the missing arcade characters. Glad my patience was rewarded.

Top Bottom