• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Oh I see you starting again with you nonsense.

How boring.

Call me when Obama gains in multiple daily trackers. Or ANY swing state polls. Because Romney's momentum continued after the second debate. It's small momentum but it's consistent and every day. No indication it will slow down.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Seems safe to say the second debate had no impact on the race, and Romney's momentum continues. Obama is now below 50% in nearly every national tracker. Pretty sure incumbents don't win like that

If this is the same on Monday, the election is over

He's baaaaack!

It's hard for me to feel completely down on Obama's chances given his epic performance last night, but how many polls showing Romney tied or ahead have to come out before we consider maybe this is how things are now. If that last debate doesn't change things, nothing will. Americans are clearly comfortable with the idea of Romney as president, whether they vote for him or not

Seems safe to say the second debate had no impact on the race, and Romney's momentum continues. Obama is now below 50% in nearly every national tracker. Pretty sure incumbents don't win like that

Just like Al Gore with his popular vote won?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Didn't you make this exact post like two hours ago?

Obama lead is holding in WI, OH, and NV. If he wins those three states then that's it. Romney continues to do well nationally, and do you know what that means? Not a damn thing.

+ 1 for the remarkably trenchant analysis

Obama lead is holding in WI, OH, and NV. If he wins those three states then that's it. Romney continues to do well nationally, and do you know what that means? Not a damn thing.

Very big lack of state polling today. Also, I always thought ABC/Wapo was a more volatile poll with a D lean but I guess I was wrong.

Other Neither No
Obama Romney (vol.) (vol.) opinion
10/22/12 LV 48 49 * 2 1
10/21/12 LV 49 48 * 2 1
10/13/12 LV 49 46 1 1 2
9/29/12 LV 49 47 * 2 1
9/9/12 LV 49 48 * 1 2
8/25/12 LV 47 49 1 1 1
7/8/12* LV 50 47 * 2 2

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Or maybe those with higher incomes are generally more educated and well-informed, and thus more likely to vote.

There's no conspiracy here.

It is no conspiracy - it makes perfect sense for political parties to appeal to those more predicated to voting.

EDIT: The response to it should be - "Poorer people, get out and vote for your candidate".

Cheebo

Banned

He leads there but it's shrinking. Every poll in the last week for Ohio vs. the last poll from the same pollsters always show Obama's lead decreasing. Not one increasing or remaining the same.

pigeon

Banned
Call me when Obama gains in multiple daily trackers. Or ANY swing state polls. Because Romney's momentum continued after the second debate. It's small momentum but it's consistent and every day. No indication it will slow down.

iAkrOdZz500sX.gif

As is conventional for you, all of the things you said or implied in this post are objectively false.

why? if you're making $150,000 a year you have all the time in the world to go and vote, a vehicle to get to the polls is not an issue, and all the information you need to make a decision. I'd be willing to bet a very large chunk of that class makes that money from investment income (be it stocks or real estate) and not working a 9 to 5.

30K? not so much.

30k you are probably skilled hourly. Over 50k, probably salaried or self employed, and as the money goes up, the chance of salaried or self employed goes higher and higher.

Salaried employees can be late for work or leave early with no repercussions as long as it isn't some kind of pattern. I've been late for work because of slow polling precincts many times, but I'm salaried. Hourly, you might lose your job or at least get written up.

Darkgran

Please stop.

Obama is not losing this election.

After all the bumps for Romney...he is still losing the EV.

He leads there but it's shrinking. Every poll in the last week for Ohio vs. the last poll from the same pollsters always show Obama's lead decreasing. Not one increasing or remaining the same.

Which would matter more if it wasn't for Obama already banking a considerable amount of early votes. Ohio is practically decided at this point. All his ground game has to do is keep people coming out on election day and he's got it.

It's fine to use the paperless DREs for disabled voters, if they are in fact using paperless DREs for disabled voters. It's an extremely small demographic.

It's not anything to worry about, at all. As far as I can tell, there's nothing to indicate that these machines aren't also attached with VVPATs. As the recent VV report notes, all of Ohio's voting seems to be done by either paper ballots or machines equipped with VVPAT.

There's zero point in messing with DREs when you can hack the machines at the precincts that count the paper ballots and/or hack the PCMCIA cards that carry the votes back to the county office and/or hack the computers at the county office that tally the subtotals from the PCMCIA cards.

pigeon

Banned

Gravis, Ras.

Yes, Gravis and Ras are terrible but it's a stupid question since it's comparing polls in late October to polls in mid-September as if the tightening means that things have changed in the last week as opposed to changed SINCE MID-SEPTEMBER so I don't regret my choice.

First state I look-up:

New Hampshire:
ARG: Now Romney +2, was Romney +4
UNH: Now Obama +9, was Obama +6
Rasmussen: Now Obama +1, was a tie

ISOM

It amazes me that we have the freakouts that we do here.....

Come on people HOLD IT TOGETHER.

It's the same people being negative as always, I think you have to consider those people as different from everyone else here because they are trying their best to bring any negative news whether true or not into this thread. It's honestly best to ignore them.

codhand

It's hard for me to feel completely down on Obama's chances given his epic performance last night, but how many polls showing Romney tied or ahead have to come out before we consider maybe this is how things are now. If that last debate doesn't change things, nothing will. Americans are clearly comfortable with the idea of Romney as president, whether they vote for him or not

dat cognitive dissonance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are people so insistent on declaring the election over from either side

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Got a question about this:
I don't think it's an overstatement to say that tracking polls are the worst thing to happen in modern polling history.

Dax don't over react. It's not the worse thing to happen. Early voting is just throwing every thing off.

mckmas8808

I'm sure whatever it is. it will be covered with slime.

I've seriously lost all respect for Trump. I used to be a big fan of the Apprentice.

Me too. The few times that I do watch it, I feel dirty.

:|

It makes sense, how often does a guy making 10k a year have the free time to go and vote? Or the guy working two jobs? Or the single mother working and taking care of her kids? You make voting a national holiday all of a sudden it becomes about those voters, which is why it won't happen.

Or how about get early voting in all states?

mckmas8808

It makes sense, how often does a guy making 10k a year have the free time to go and vote? Or the guy working two jobs? Or the single mother working and taking care of her kids? You make voting a national holiday all of a sudden it becomes about those voters, which is why it won't happen.

Or how about get early voting in all states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom