• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
In two weeks, your President of the United States.

29906170001_4633072226001_thumb-newslook913257.jpg

And his bestie.

"He turned out to be a strong man, raped 10 women," the Russian president was quoted by Russian media as saying at a meeting in Moscow with Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert. "I never would have expected it of him. He has surprised us all, we all envy him!"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/oct/20/russia.tomparfitt

(Until Trump realizes that Putin views him as a joke and then Putin double crosses him and we're thrown into major conflict with Russia as Trump tries to get over his humiliation).

Call your representative's offices and your Senator's offices.

Got

Banned
I remember in fourth grade when I did that durr thing with my hand. I was such a little asshole. Glad I grew out of that.

Got

Banned
can our new years resolution be to stop getting owned by trump's twitter

Talking about his Twitter isn't an issue. Maybe we can stop getting owned by ourselves by thinking that we can't talk about all of the things happening including his Twitter.

OmniOne

Someone has to take up the torch of Queen Gay to keep you in line since Ivy and Adam are gone.

Forgive me for being behind, did Adam self ban? Do we know if he's ok? Has anyone had contact with him? I always thought he was a great member of this community. :(

when every one of his tweets is posted here followed by "i can't even aaaaaagh" that is poligaf getting trolled by trump

Trump tweeting out "we need more nuclear weapons" is something to be legitimately worried about, mmkay.

The president of the United States' words have consequences!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
One thing the democrats need is for a master troll like Obama to take center stage and start visibly getting under the skin of GOP leaders. Obama was masterful--subtle comments here or there that would hit home, and cause a firestorm of responses from the people that he was referring to.

I don't see anyone like that at this point.

jelly

http://gizmodo.com/trump-just-dismissed-the-people-in-charge-of-maintainin-1790908093

Between the Trump transition team’s infighting, incompetence, and high-profile resignations, any decisions that signaled even a modicum of stability for the country would come as a relief at this point. Unfortunately, the nascent Trump Administration isn’t inclined to calm anyone’s nerves. According to an official within the Department of Energy, this past Friday, the President-elect’s team instructed the head of the National Nuclear Security Administration and his deputy to clean out their desks when Trump takes office on January 20th.

The NNSA is the $12 billion-a-year agency that “maintains and enhances the safety, security, and effectiveness of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile.” It’s unclear when the two officials will be replaced.

Odrion

Banned
Trump tweeting out "we need more nuclear weapons" is something to be legitimately worried about, mmkay.

The president of the United States' words have consequences!

when trump talks about his policy on twitter then sure let's talk about that policy

when trump tweets about something inane like Meryl Streep how about we not turn into a bunch of corn cobs

OmniOne

He's okay

He is married now

Good. I hope things are well.

Anyway, do you all find Trump getting the GOP as a whole to violate norms (such as confirmation hearings before the OGE) as troubling as I do? Like, this is just the start. Trump is going to get every single thing he wants, and nothing is going to hold him accountable. This will be nothing more than a virtuous cycle of empowerment.

There is no check.

Good. I hope things are well.

Anyway, do you all find Trump getting the GOP as a whole to violate norms (such as confirmation hearings before the OGE) as troubling as I do? Like, this is just the start. Trump is going to get every single thing he wants, and nothing is going to hold him accountable. This will be nothing more than a virtuous cycle of empowerment.

There is no check.

Yeah, it's pretty bad from the nutless GOP. There will certainly be conflicts arising over his term, but right now they're afraid to be the outlier since it will point the gun at them, and their constituency will be up in arms.

I'm holding out hope they keep defending him until another Access-Hollywood type surge arrives, either via video or documentation of illegal ties, whatever it may be (I know I'm sounding like Tom Arnold here, but you know there's still skeletons in that closet). It will be difficult to remove the stench afterward.

But honestly, fuck 'em. I don't put any faith in the GOP. The judicial branch will need to work in overdrive. I expect tons of lawsuits and states defending their rights when the gauntlet throws down.

Glenn Greenwald is the worst person in the world and should probably be assumed to be associated with the Syrian government until all of Rania Khalek's emails are released.

What the fuck

Watching Today or whatever

Theyre talking about Meryl Streeps speech

They worded it as "she made a speech about..what she viewed as disparaging remarks about a journalist[sic]" as if its Streeps opinion that Trump mocked and offended a disabled journalist.

And then this other bitch is like "I just want to hear stories about what this award means to her"

We are fucked if media continues to be spineless.

Got

Banned
What the fuck

Watching Today or whatever

Theyre talking about Meryl Streeps speech

They worded it as "she made a speech about..what she viewed as disparaging remarks about a journalist[sic]" as if its Streeps opinion that Trump mocked and offended a disabled journalist.

And then this other bitch is like "I just want to hear stories about what this award means to her"

We are fucked if media continues to be spineless.

Today is the last bit of media I expect to go in hard. It would be nice and appropriate if they did, but they're the definition of milquetoast.

Comrades, I am sad to say that the Jacobin is at it again.

C1wTSsjWQAAfTHs.jpg

>_>

The article's thesis is basically "Streep is rich so I hate her she should shut up and not talk how Trump is ableist."

zethren

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty bad from the nutless GOP. There will certainly be conflicts arising over his term, but right now they're afraid to be the outlier since it will point the gun at them, and their constituency will be up in arms.

I'm holding out hope they keep defending him until another Access-Hollywood type surge arrives, either via video or documentation of illegal ties, whatever it may be (I know I'm sounding like Tom Arnold here, but you know there's still skeletons in that closet). It will be difficult to remove the stench afterward.

But honestly, fuck 'em. I don't put any faith in the GOP. The judicial branch will need to work in overdrive. I expect tons of lawsuits and states defending their rights when the gauntlet throws down.

Hopefully it'll reach a point where multiple start speaking out and standing against him, and it'll just start a domino effect. His term will most definitely be rife with controversy and issues. It's probably only a matter of time.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/donald-trump-cabinet-233333

President-elect Donald Trump plans to give his Cabinet secretaries and top aides significant latitude to run their federal agencies, marking a sharp departure from Barack Obama's tightly controlled management style, according to people involved in and close to the transition.

Members of Congress, transition team officials, real estate lawyers, lobbyists and executives in New York who know Trump expect him to be a chairman-of-the-board style manager in the White House.

Trump, they say, doesn't usually like getting into day-to-day minutiae or taking lengthy briefings on issues. He doesn't have particularly strong feelings on the intricacies of some government issues and agencies, these people say, and would rather focus on high-profile issues, publicity and his brand.

And he's expected to grant his Cabinet lots of autonomy — at least until he sees something as a problem or an issue involves significant publicity or money.

Trump is encouraging his top administration officials to make a splash in the first six months of his presidency, according to people involved in the transition and others who have spoken to them. ”He wants them to totally shake these agencies up," one person involved in the transition said. ”He doesn't want them to do business the same old way."
People who have worked with Trump for decades say he often talks about big-picture strategy with his executives but then leaves details and execution to others.

”You'd go several days when you wouldn't hear from him," said Sam Nunberg, a former Trump aide. ”Then, he'd ask you ‘Are we on this? What's going on with this? What's happening there?' If there's something he wants done, he doesn't do well with you telling him it's not done yet."

Trump likes to tell several people to handle an issue, creating competition, and seems to enjoy the chaos of his top advisers and aides disagreeing, people close to him say. He often likes playing people off one another, current and former aides say.

He can become obsessed with seemingly unimportant details — like the color of a floor in a hotel, or the exact dollar amount of a check, these people say. But unless he becomes interested in a project or issue, or unless it involves large sums of money or publicity, he stays away. ”He tends to micromanage the budget," Nunberg said.

He doesn't like to be presented with long manuals and has a short attention span, these people say.
Louise Sunshine, a former Trump Organization executive who worked with him directly for 15 years, said he rarely told her ”exactly what to do." Trump, she says, will be involved in overall strategy, giving some direction but letting ”Pence and Reince take care of most of it."

Trump might be mostly hands off in some cases, but might get involved in matters he deems important enough. This confirms to me that there might be conflicting goals and miscommunication, I can clearly see Trump leaving tasks up to his secretaries - one of them cause a controversy or results didn't happen quick enough and then Trump firing them. However, the reasoning of the failure is partially because of the how the administration is structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom