• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Ford and Fiat were planning to make their changes as far as a year in advance of their announcement. Of course Trump takes credit, cause he was elected about a year ago.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/01/09/trump-praises-ford-and-fiat-lead-brent-snavely-live.cnn

Can confirm on the Fiat side of things: they announced they were moving Grand Cherokee production from Toledo well before Trump was elected. The city freaked out and offered them a bunch of incentives to stay, and they ultimately announced LAST YEAR they were keeping the Wrangler at the Toledo plant and adding in a new truck there.

Almost as bad as Romney baldly lying that Fiat Chrysler was trying to move all Jeep production from Toledo to China, except he got called out on that one.

Wilsongt

The down side of having conservative friends on Facebook, you are exposed to dreck that contains comments like this:

Hey Streep. You get paid to entertain me. You are no better than a trained seal act. Your only job is to amuse me. That's why you exist. Now shut up and do what your told

The down side of having conservative friends on Facebook, you are exposed to dreck that contains comments like this:
The past year made me get rid of any vocal conservative on Facebook. Every time I thought I'd managed it yet another "THIS VIDEO DEBUNKS BLM" would pop up.

Now I've just deactivated my entire account so whatever, it's better that way for me.

legacyzero

Banned
camp legacyzero will be giving lectures on how y'all done fucked things up for the one true king well into 2018 at this rate

Awww It gets to have my name! :D

And I dont even come into the PoliGAF thread for obvious reasons LOL. Thanks GAF, for name search.

mo60

The past year made me get rid of any vocal conservative on Facebook. Every time I thought I'd managed it yet another "THIS VIDEO DEBUNKS BLM" would pop up.

Now I've just deactivated my entire account so whatever, it's better that way for me.

I usually don't have to deal with that stuff on facebook. Most of my friends don;t usually post anything politics related on facebook,

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My friend in Michigan just received his absentee ballot today. Today. It was marked "found in supposedly empty equipment." He had solved the issue and found a way to vote, but yeah, c'mon.

My friend in Michigan just received his absentee ballot today. Today. It was marked "found in supposedly empty equipment." He had solved the issue and found a way to vote, but yeah, c'mon.

Makes you wonder who didn't get their's but also just didn't bother to vote because of it.

Okay, I just had a Battlefield 1 match that ended with a K/D of 3/20 for me.

How do I stop getting owned relentlessly in this game? I just get sniped over and over again before even coming close to the objective.

Plz help me, guys, I entertain sometimes and I want to stop getting owned so it's a fair exchange :(

C1xNRcXXAAAGz-x.jpg

from aug 2015.

Chumley

Banned
So the new Trumpster line is that Donald Trump was not specifically mocking that guys disability, but that he supposedly uses the same hand gestures to mock everyone. Which of course is a total lie.

It's a good thing I just have to read this shit because if someone said that to me in person I would reflexively punch them in the face. I can't even describe how angry this shit makes me. How did we get to a place where being a middle school bully is cool? Why is there so much contempt for the fucking disabled of all people? And on top of that they try and lie and cover up what anyone with two eyes knows is true.

Okay, I just had a Battlefield 1 match that ended with a K/D of 3/20 for me.

How do I stop getting owned relentlessly in this game? I just get sniped over and over again before even coming close to the objective.

Plz help me, guys, I entertain sometimes and I want to stop getting owned so it's a fair exchange :(
My solution to being bad at competitive shooters is to just play League, better matchmaking and it's more fun.

If you actually take me up on this, make sure to play with friends tho

Teggy

So the new Trumpster line is that Donald Trump was not specifically mocking that guys disability, but that he supposedly uses the same hand gestures to mock everyone. Which of course is a total lie.

It's a good thing I just have to read this shit because if someone said that to me in person I would reflexively punch them in the face. I can't even describe how angry this shit makes me. How did we get to a place where being a middle school bully is cool? Why is there so much contempt for the fucking disabled of all people? And on top of that they try and lie and cover up what anyone with two eyes knows is true.

Yeah, someone I know posted a video of him using the stupid hand gesture in a couple of other speeches.

Beyond his current news site GotNews, Johnson also co-founded WeSearchr, a site where members fund “bounties” for answering allegedly newsworthy questions. WeSearchr’s current Editor’s Choice section includes a DNA test on civil rights and writer Shaun King to “see how black he really is;” an expired bounty to hunt for “Satanic pedo tunnels” under DC pizza parlors; and a request to expose alleged infidelity by South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, in retaliation for negative comments about Donald Trump.

5QF9OsD.gif

Man these threads have been a weird fluctuation between "WE ARE DOOMED" and "There's hope - here is the game plan".

I'll always be the latter. I'm all about rolling up our sleeves and actually doing stuff, even if it's just academic discussion. Whining ain't gonna fix shit.

Wilsongt

That was one of the most moronic attacks people said about Clinton during the campaign.

It should also be noted she was appointed as defense.

And not an uncommon attack by the GOP. As it happened here in South Carolina, also, when a Democrat was running against Nikki Haley.

The idea of a public defender is definitely lost on the GOP when they can use it to attack their opponent for doing their fucking job.

People who consider politics to be like a sporting event are literally the worst.

Like... if you voted to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Islam, no, I don't want to be friends with you.

To be fair.....what about the Trump voters that DIDN'T vote for him because of those two things?

To be fair.....what about the Trump voters that DIDN'T vote for him because of those two things?

I mean, maybe?

But like >50% of Trump voters support deporting all immigrants and or banning Muslims from the United States and I wouldn't keep being friends with people that revealed themselves to have those beliefs.

Obama farewell address tomorrow y'all. CNN informs me that in it Obama will follow in the footsteps of Eisenhower and deliver a warning: that a house divided cannot stand, and that in our partisan politics we are sowing the seeds of our destruction. I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear that. (C'mon you don't expect him to motherfuck an incoming administration do you)

I mean, maybe?

But like >50% of Trump voters support deporting all immigrants and or banning Muslims from the United States and I wouldn't keep being friends with people that revealed themselves to have those beliefs.

Yes and as I've said before, fuck THOSE Trump voters.

But unless there's a poll showing that 100% of Trump voters were for the anti-immigrant stuff, I'm not going to write off 100% of Trump voters.

(Until Trump realizes that Putin views him as a joke and then Putin double crosses him and we're thrown into major conflict with Russia as Trump tries to get over his humiliation).

Trump is beta. He will let Vlad pound him to dirt and he will come back for more.
Obama farewell address tomorrow y'all. CNN informs me that in it Obama will follow in the footsteps of Eisenhower and deliver a warning: that a house divided cannot stand, and that in our partisan politics we are sowing the seeds of our destruction. I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear that. (C'mon you don't expect him to motherfuck an incoming administration do you)

Obama been pissing in the wind with this kumbaya shit for the past 8 years.

I almost cried when the Muslim woman who was setting up the Woman's March talked about her son texting her and her daughter crying the night of the election on Pod Saves America.

royalan

I don't have the mental energy to watch Obama's speech tomorrow.

If you've seen one speech he's given this year, you've seen them all. Hope, change, "our best days are still ahead of us" [evidence required], Americans have overcome and are better than this (we a literally not better than this). Just general soft-shoeing of how terrible things are right now and are likely to become.

The time for polite rhetoric is over.

Maybe the house needs to be more divided, 4 legs are more stable than 2. :mindblown:

studyguy

Busy days coming up
Confirmations, Obama address, more confirmations the next day, Trump presser somewhere in between too (first one in god knows how long) whew lads.

It's almost as if we're getting shoveled more info than most people can manage to care about at once!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Is this Trump presser going to address how he is going to divest himself from his businesses? He was supposed to have one a few weeks ago but pushed it back.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I don't have the mental energy to watch Obama's speech tomorrow.

If you've seen one speech he's given this year, you've seen them all. Hope, change, "our best days are still ahead of us" [evidence required], Americans have overcome and are better than this (we a literally not better than this). Just general soft-shoeing of how terrible things are right now and are likely to become.

The time for polite rhetoric is over.

Yeah this. I hope history is kinder to his legacy than this feeling but it's what I'm stuck with for now as well.

Except Trump definitely has used that hand gesture to make fun of people before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom