• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jLjOX2d.jpg

qfY3v0J.jpg

Definitely have some genetic overlap.

can someone who is better than me at Twitter summarize this for the thread?

There appears to be some mindblowing stuff here.

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/838010340579426304
He's basically going over what is already known. The FISA warrant has previously been reported on a number of times and supposedly it implicates Putin's daughters, Page, and Manafort and says it is a huge deal that it had to be requested to begin with. He then mentions that the Republican's are now coming out against surveillance powers only after Flynn was caught where we are now with the situation. This goes against Trump's administration who have stated they have no plans to change the system. He then mentions Senator Coons and says that his language yesterday implied that the documents the FBI has gathered prove that Trump's administration colluded with the Russian's, and he goes on to say that Coons is one of the Senator's who have been vehemently against the FISA since it violates privacy.

TLDR: FISA Has been reported on before and the fact it was requested suggests there is smoke and Republican's now hate the FISA because the FBI is using surveillance against them.

Ogodei

He's basically going over what is already known. The FISA warrant has previously been reported on a number of times and supposedly it implicates Putin's daughters, Page, and Manafort and says it is a huge deal that it had to be requested to begin with. He then mentions that the Republican's are now coming out against surveillance powers only after Flynn was caught where we are now with the situation. This goes against Trump's administration who have stated they have no plans to change the system. He then mentions Senator Coons and says that his language yesterday implied that the documents the FBI has gathered prove that Trump's administration colluded with the Russian's, and he goes on to say that Coons is one of the Senator's who have been vehemently against the FISA since it violates privacy.

TLDR: FISA Has been reported on before and the fact it was requested suggests there is smoke and Republican's now hate the FISA because the FBI is using surveillance against them.

Folks will never question FISA and the surveillance state again if it turns out a traitor got elected President and wiretaps were the only way to reveal that.

Not that i'm comfortable with that, but this is the sort of bad-spy-novel stuff that was used to justify the surveillance state, come to life.

Folks will never question FISA and the surveillance state again if it turns out a traitor got elected President and wiretaps were the only way to reveal that.

Not that i'm comfortable with that, but this is the sort of bad-spy-novel stuff that was used to justify the surveillance state, come to life.

People will definitely still question FISA based on how often they approve and reject requests, the fact it's not transparent, etc.

Teggy

I love this

Ken Dilanian‏ @KenDilanianNBC

A senior US official tells @NBCNightlyNews' Pete Williams that he and others in a position to know have no idea what Trump is talking about.
12:24 PM · Mar 4, 2017

And everyone already knows he got it from Breitbart.

Lmo911

So when the House decided to block access to Trumps tax returns and it turns out all the horrors of the dossier are true... how does that break down legally?

So when the House decided to block access to Trumps tax returns and it turns out all the horrors of the dossier are true... how does that break down legally?

If Trump gets impeached and all the Russia stuff is true, then the republicans get punished by having having Paul Ryan become president.

So, yeah...

If Trump gets impeached and all the Russia stuff is true, then the republicans get punished by having having Paul Ryan become president.

So, yeah...
If Trump gets impeached and removed, there's no way for the rest of the GOP to do it cleanly. They'll get massively tarnished, too. And Trump will go berserk against them if they betray him. It will be chaos.

Vixdean

So, yeah...

Well it will use up basically the entire legislative session, hamstring policy, and make it very tricky to support anything President Putin ever said he wanted. Remember, Trump has publically tied himself at the hip with Ryan, proclaiming that he will sign anything he passes. He's just as tainted as anyone.

Village

There were a couple shows that did that.

One of my favorite examples is duel master, which started to try, but Imagine the game didn't take off the dub studio was just told to do whatever they wanted, and the dub went fucking nuts.

Valhelm

contribute something
Of course not. 2nd generation immigrants are the ones that have the pressure of assimilating completely but also still having a connection to their homeland. It's hard to juggle.

Right. This is especially reflected in Europe. If identifying with your ancestral culture is your form of resistance against homogenizing forces, it makes sense that a fraction of the youth will embrace regressive ancestral ideologies.

We saw this on a grander scale in the last century. A lot of anti-imperialist forces were unfortunately pretty regressive in some aspects, because they saw pre-colonial hierarchies as liberating. In the Middle East for instance, most anti-imperialist movements have been ethnonationalist or Islamist.

Vimes

can someone who is better than me at Twitter summarize this for the thread?

There appears to be some mindblowing stuff here.

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/status/838010340579426304

Matthew Miller said:
By confirming it publicly, Trump has also pretty much guaranteed no one can be charged for leaking the existence of this FISA warrant. Oops!

It would be absolutely incredible if there was a wiretap, and Trump accidentally exposed it by parroting some made-up shit he read on Breitbart.

It won't happen, but I wan't to live in a world where this pisses Michelle Obama off enough to get her politically motivated

Kusagari

Is there any way Trump actually nominates all the judiciary appointments he could have by 2020?

I can't see it happening with how slow he is to do anything.

jelly

It won't happen, but I wan't to live in a world where this pisses Michelle Obama off enough to get her politically motivated

I think she clearly doesn't like how politics works in America. She would just be blocked like Obama x10 probably for being a women and black.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm honestly shocked Page is even giving interviews. I mean, I can't see the Trump team asking him to go do press, and his lawyer surely isn't.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I think she clearly doesn't like how politics works in America. She would just be blocked like Obama x10 probably for being a women and black.
Don't forget the tyranny of encouraging excercise and promoting healthy school lunches.

Sounds like they're gonna try to use the travel ban on Monday to distract everyone from Sessions.

They can distract away from the Russia story with Trump getting owned in the courts again and then another Trump associate (guessing Ben Carson) will have a story about being involved with Russia a week later.

Not a very effective distraction, honestly.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
They can distract away from the Russia story with Trump getting owned in the courts again and then another Trump associate (guessing Ben Carson) will have a story about being involved with Russia a week later.

Not a very effective distraction, honestly.
I doubt Carson would get implicated on Russia ties. He was asleep at the time.
Source: It's Ben "Sleepy Dwarf" Carson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom