• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SenTedCruz
I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism.
DHEplh-XoAEfYar.jpg

I am of two minds about all of the Republicans coming out against Trump's position on this.

1.) I will support just about anyone who will call out Trump's Racist clownshow.

2.) These GOP fucks don't get to wash their hands of this. They own Trump and they own this.

So basically: Thanks for the help, but fuck you forever.

You know things are getting really bad when you agree with a very potent and thoughtful message by Ted fucking Cruz.

I want off this ride.

This is a terrible day for America, but nothing can possibly bring me down because I went to meet my baby cockatiel for his weekly visit and found out he only has 10 more days before he's fully grown and can come home finally, after waiting 3 months for his egg to be laid, hatched and grow up!

He was super lovable and friendly the entire visit. Then he begged me to pet him (he shoved he head into my finger whenever I'd stop giving him attention) and then fell asleep while I was petting him and it was the happiest I've felt in awhile. This is a bird that two weeks ago was growling at me and trying to bite me, and now begs to be snuggled and naps in my hands like a precious little baby.

Not going to let stupid Nazis bring my special day down.

This is a terrible day for America, but nothing can possibly bring me down because I went to meet my baby cockatiel for his weekly visit and found out he only has 10 more days before he's fully grown and can come home finally, after waiting 3 months for his egg to be laid, hatched and grow up!

He was super lovable and friendly the entire visit. Then he begged me to pet him (he shoved he head into my finger whenever I'd stop giving him attention) and then fell asleep while I was petting him and it was the happiest I've felt in awhile. This is a bird that two weeks ago was growling at me and trying to bite me, and now begs to be snuggled and naps in my hands like a precious little baby.

Not going to let stupid Nazis bring my special day down.

Cheers. Congratz on the bird. I got hired for a part time job today.

220px-Anirage-alternate.svg.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So when's he getting a spot in Trump's administration?

A few months ago. He's supposed to be the guy that talks to governors and the like to coordinate with federal agencies, especially in times of emergency.

Was one of the most egregious examples of a very partisan appointment to a position that requires the exact opposite of partisanship.

sphagnum

Banned
Every Dem candidate better have a good plan for cracking down on fascism. I don't want to hear anything that even approaches caring about their free speech.

No more ignoring this shit.

Teggy

It's really not at all fair to criticize Senators for being in one random photo with somebody who turns out to be awful. He's taken thousands and thousands of photos with random people over his career.

I know he probably doesn't know the guy, it's just a funny thing since his reelection campaign is becoming such a shitshow lately.

Man, a shame Bolling isn't around to respond to this pearl of wisdom

Maybe I'll spend my tax refund on an AR-15 and a decal that says "This Machine Kills Fascists" instead of a new TV and a PS4 Pro.

Y'know, just to have it around just in case.

Also please tell me Benji's ban isn't permanent this time :p

Every Dem candidate better have a good plan for cracking down on fascism. I don't want to hear anything that even approaches caring about their free speech.

No more ignoring this shit.

You want them to lie? Because the federal government doesn't have the power to restrict hate speech.

Pixieking

Banned
You want them to lie? Because the federal government doesn't have the power to restrict hate speech.

Don't need to even step near that minefield. Mark all White Nationalist groups as Terrorist organisations, and take the same steps as you would against IS, Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Also, surveil them, and make sure they're audited on as tight a schedule as you can legally muster. Freeze assets of all those involved in such groups, and maybe use the new seizure regulations against them, too.

Stop with the appeasement, and make life as difficult as possible for them, in hopes of stopping them from spreading their message. Be like Germany (which still has a Neo-Nazi problem, but one that's forced underground more).

Don't need to even step near that minefield. Mark all White Nationalist groups as Terrorist organisations, and take the same steps as you would against IS, Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Surveil them, and make sure they're audited on as tight a schedule as you can legally muster.

Now this is a much better plan.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anecdotal, but talked to someone who broadly leans conservative, more so financially than socially, and they're simply flabbergasted at the Nazi love from the alt-right. "How can they be Americans and Nazis? That doesn't make sense." It's simplistic, but a stark signifier to some that these are not people you want to be allied with. The bolder these people get with explicitly showing their true colors, the more they'll ostracize.

DHEN8jgUAAAYWe-.jpg:large

Yeah any doubts about his intentions are pretty clear
Best regards? Best regards?!?! GTFO.

For a constitutional amendment to alter the 1st amendment? It'd be a waste of time and effort and there's no groundswell of support for it anyway.

Eh, the right Court bench could end up being okay with something that made Nazi ideology a de facto threat against people or a call to violence.

Schenck v. United States is still pretty much upheld.

What happened?

Oh just the usual

"On the day of an actual Nazi march that resulted in people getting run over by a Nazi I'm going to express how America is more free and exceptional than anyone else because we let Nazis march and don't have those awful social authoritarian hate speech laws. Unlike Social Authoritarian Germany, we know how to stop Nazis... with non echo chamber conversation."

excelsior says it better than me.

Why thank you

I'm assuming the above is what you were referring too?

Oh just the usual

"On the day of an actual Nazi march that resulted in people getting run over by a Nazi I'm going to express how America is more free and exceptional than anyone else because we let Nazis march and don't have those awful social authoritarian hate speech laws. Unlike Social Authoritarian Germany, we know how to stop Nazis... with non echo chamber conversation."

Why thank you

I'm assuming the above is what you were referring too?
Thanks.

Eh, the right Court bench could end up being okay with something that made Nazi ideology a de facto threat against people or a call to violence.

Schenck v. United States is still pretty much upheld.

Matal v. Tam was 2 months ago and the decision was unanimous. I don't think you're getting a court bench that will limit first amendment rights anytime soon.
[The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend ... strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express ”the thought that we hate."
A law found to discriminate based on viewpoint is an ”egregious form of content discrimination," which is ”presumptively unconstitutional." ... A law that can be directed against speech found offensive to some portion of the public can be turned against minority and dissenting views to the detriment of all. The First Amendment does not entrust that power to the government's benevolence. Instead, our reliance must be on the substantial safeguards of free and open discussion in a democratic society.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Here's the picture of Senator Dean Heller with the Collage Republicans of UNR with the Nazi Peter Cvjetanovic.

[IMG.]https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20729501_10212287715580839_4745139464088529586_n.jpg?oh=92a878bcafb9982b2c1f84c8a198b288&oe=59EFB6F6[/IMG]

I don't expect Senators to vet everybody they take pictures with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom