PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2005
38,442
1,471
1,320
GhaleonEB said:
I just noticed that North Carolina updates their voter registrations daily on their elections front page, not just the weekly reports on Fridays. Out of curiosity, I checked how registrations have gone since Friday.

44,040 since Friday, half of them Democrats (3x the new Republican registrations).

In the entire previous week, 45,649 people registered, which was the most in a single week so far this year. We could end up with over 100,000 new registrations in the final two weeks before the deadline, over half of them new Democrats. 0_0

HOLI SHIT!! Is ANYBODY in the media talking about this excellent news? Come to think of it, I hope they don't talk about it.
 
Sep 8, 2006
14,299
0
0
30
lawblob said:
....which is something the government could do... hence, the government could do it if they wanted to.

Not to mention that the individual states are free to impose independent restrictions on who is eligible to be on the ballot in that state.
Okay, you're right. The government could nuke Great Britain too.

There is no foreseeable way that you would ever be able to pull off putting an upper age limit on the presidency, it would never pass. So effectively they can't do it.
 
Apr 22, 2008
44,148
0
0
26
GhaleonEB said:
I just noticed that North Carolina updates their voter registrations daily on their elections front page, not just the weekly reports on Fridays. Out of curiosity, I checked how registrations have gone since Friday.

44,040 since Friday, half of them Democrats (3x the new Republican registrations).

In the entire previous week, 45,649 people registered, which was the most in a single week so far this year. We could end up with over 100,000 new registrations in the final two weeks before the deadline, over half of them new Democrats. 0_0
Whoa. Nice find, Ghal. Why didn't I think to look there? NC's voter registration deadline is this Thursday.

Hopefully Chris Matthews will mention something about this whole situation of McCain hiring someone who lobbied for Saddam Hussein on Hardball today.

kkaabboomm said:
alright, very important question:

the final debate is tomorrow, so when do we get the final debate thread?
My psychic powers are telling me.............. tomorrow!
 

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Feb 10, 2008
2,778
0
0
Clipjoint said:
I know the article was posted, but Campbell Brown deserves a video

So What if Obama was Muslim?

Seriously, let's just go fucking build a minaret on the White House. Seriously. Obama can still go to his UCC services or whatever but let's give these fuckers a SHOW.
 
Jun 7, 2004
74,677
2
1,405
quadriplegicjon said:
are people seriously that retarded? wow. ... ... . . . .

if obama loses because of this shit... i.. i really dont know. i will seriously consider leaving this country.
Don't worry. At the very least, Colorado has pulled away. No matter what happens in OH, ND, MT, MO, NC, VA, WV, NV, FL, or IN, this thing is over.
 
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
0
Oregon
-Kees- said:
CNN Headline: "McCain Problem With Women Voters"

I thought it was Obama who had a problem with white working class women?
Obama has a problem with white, working-class rural Catholic-leaning, pet owning women, a crucial constituency in which McCain leads.

He does lead among women overall, though.
 
Jun 12, 2004
27,156
1
0
fgggd
How is Obama doing in Arkansas? If I'm not mistaken they have a democratic Gov., and two democratic senators--not to mention it's(was?) Clinton country. One would think it would be another red state Bams could take, but it's always drenched in that disgusting PMS red on every electoral map I've seen. Is it bitterness over Hillary's primary loss, racism, or something else?
 
Jun 14, 2007
5,924
0
0
www.project-tideas.com
Nameless said:
How is Obama doing in Arkansas? If I'm not mistaken they have a democratic Gov., and two democratic senators--not to mention it's(was?) Clinton country. One would think it would be another red state Bams could take, but it's always drenched in that disgusting PMS red on every electoral map I've seen. Is it bitterness over Hillary's primary loss, racism, or something else?
racism
 
Feb 11, 2008
3,288
0
760
kkaabboomm said:
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-poll15-2008oct15,0,2945650.story


Three weeks before election day, Obama leads McCain 50% to 41% among voters likely to cast ballots on Nov. 4. In September, the Illinois Democrat had a narrower 49%-45% lead.
When third-party candidates like Bob Barr and Ralph Nader are added to the polling mix, the results change little. It's 47-39 Obama over McCain among registered voters and 48-39 among likely voters, with Nader capturing a non-decisive 3% of vote and Barr only 1%.
48-39 among likely voters when 3rd parties are included. so they are an almost non-factor for both sides "nationally"
 
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
0
Oregon
kkaabboomm said:
48-39 among likely voters when 3rd parties are included. so they are an almost non-factor for both sides "nationally"
And 3rd parties won't be on the ballot in every state, so they're even more of a non-issue overall.

LA Times said:
As election day nears, Barack Obama leads John McCain 50% to 41%. Only 10% say the country is on the right track. Still, the Democrat has not broken the race open.
Why can't Obama close the deal?

Seriously, what the fuck? A nine-point lead three weeks before the election isn't "breaking it open"? What is?
 

X26

Banned
Mar 12, 2006
17,263
0
0
Canada
McCain's such a dope. Brought Palin and she ends up walking all over him to better position herself for a future run at the whitehouse now that it seems all but over. After this is done McCain is going to be made the whipping boy by the gop and Palin is going to be hailed as the true maverick or whatever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.