• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Are you going to color in the map as states are called, Ami?

Enough with the comma crap, guys. I already said to stop it in the other thread. No one wants to be banned this close to the election.

I was thinking of coloring the states in yeah. :D

I'll be showing up right after work to cast my ballot. If the person I'm not voting for wins, I'll be calling in sick the next day because it will be a disgusting morning of drunken wallowing.

Tamanon

Banned
28b72j7.jpg

"Baby, we're almost home"

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I've got a fuckton of celebration gifs.

I need to get my hands on some "omfg how did McCain get elected" gifs.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This US election has been a disaster in my opinion. So much blatant racisim and sexisim out in the open all because of this election it's not even funny. At least the better candidate (Obama) is on track to win this election.

Red Scarlet

Amir0x said:

Cool, cool. I guess I am watching it with other people on my floor, but I'm probably going to come back and peek in here from time to time.

VALIS

I predict Obama will win (going out on a limb there!) but not by as much as some of the wild predictions I've been reading on here lately. Even though it's a good time to be a Democrat right now :)D) this country still leans rightward, particularly in rural areas.

That's why I expect McCain to take a lot of the tight races - Ohio, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Indiana, Missouri. But with Pennsylvania and Virginia, Obama will have plenty of EV's to win by a comfortable margin.

I see there being four "backbreaker" states, if Obama wins ANY of these four, he's won the election: Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina and Florida.

Gobama! And go senate! Let's have a blue sweep and push this country back to the middle again after it's been pushed rightward for the last 8 years.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Hootie said:
IT ALL COMES DOWN THIS. THE FINAL POLIGAF THREAD.

So many memories, so many good times. *tear*

I still remember the 'cunning stunts' thread. And all the accidental mis-readings of the thread title.

I gotta say though, this is a little bittersweet.... it's my first presidential election. They're all going to be downhill from here- none so historic, none so wild, none so important. At least I got in on this one.

im kind of sad now...i wont be here when it all goes down. i'll roll back in probably around 11pm or midnight though. until election night though, im here.

I hope to be wearing a t-shirt on Wednesday that says "Yes We Did."

Strap in, guys and dolls; this will be the longest Monday EVER.

lopaz

Banned
Y'know, back at the beginning when no-one thought Obama could win, and then he won Iowa, I got a magical feeling in my tummy at the thought that he might actually be President. And he is fucking going to be.

xabre

Banned
Please provide links to working online streams for election coverage, such as CNN, MSNBC etc.

Not everyone will have access to a TV.

cashman

Banned
you need a countdown timer in this thread.

xabre said:
Please provide links to working online streams for election coverage, such as CNN, MSNBC etc.

Not everyone will have access to a TV.

Please

captmcblack said:
I hope to be wearing a t-shirt on Wednesday that says "Yes We Did."

Strap in, guys and dolls; this will be the longest Monday EVER.
You're avatar made me think for a second that SiameseDreamer had been unbanned! :lol

My heart skipped a beat.

Hootie

kkaabboomm said:
im kind of sad now...i wont be here when it all goes down. i'll roll back in probably around 11pm or midnight though. until election night though, im here.

Thats too bad. You, along with all of the banned or absent PoliGAFers will be here in spirit!

As for myself, on Election Day I will have MSNBC on my TV, GAF on 1 computer tab, cnn.com on another, politico on another, daily kos on another, and drudge on another for the bitter tears :lol

Hootie

Amir0x said:
It won't be over, guys. We still have plenty of PoliGAF threads to come ;)

We'll have the Interim thread after this and then the Inauguration Thread, right? I think there should be a general PoliGAF thread after the Inauguration for random discussion just so we don't feel empty. I need my PoliGAF fix everyday now. I can't remember life without it :lol

Cheebs

Amir0x said:
It won't be over, guys. We still have plenty of PoliGAF threads to come ;)
Any idea on if we can get the gaming side closed during election returns like dax and I mentioned? OT deserves its one day every 4 years, cause otherwise the board I suspect will be near impossible to actively manage reading/posting on come tuesday night. :(

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Is it possible that Obama will have won the election by the time the Daily Show/Colbert Report live special airs?:lol That'd be crazy.

After 2 close elections , a blowout would be nice.

Amir0x said:

Hey Ami, are you not calling MO a bellweather/battleground, or did I miss something.

ALL STARS FROM THE LAST THREAD

Code:
Tamanon   793
Fragamemnon     512
Dax01                477
GhaleonEB 	  472
Stoney Mason      455
reilo                    305
Jason's Ultimatum 294
StoOgE 	           286
CharlieDigital 	   279
Fox318 	            279