• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
wqy1ad.gif

Amir0x

Banned
McCain's one singular public strength is when he is presented as the crotchety old grandpa whose harsh words hide his genuine compassion for your wellbeing. This persona is displayed best in town hall settings.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Can I get a link to the entire Palin-Couric interview? This shit is painful.

Amir0x said:
Now she seems outright daft. This is not about sexism. Plenty of capable women out there. This is about her being a fucking idiot.

Yeah, it goes back to the Peggy Noonan hot mic capture where she mentioned other more capable but older GOP women that got passed over because they didn't want the ticket to be the old people ticket.

grandjedi6

reilo said:
Got it. Thanks. Why's it only 5mins long? Is that the entire interview?
CBS cut out the really embarrassing stuff.

OK, I just made that up . . . any other stuff couldn't really have been much worse.

reilo

Amir0x said:
what debate

you mean Friday's Obama TELL ALL
It'd be awesome. The debate is projected to have 100mil+ viewers, and if McCain doesn't show up, everyone will continue to tune in. Obama then addresses literally the entire electorate by himself to put the smackdown on McCain.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Hey, Palin needs to take time off to work on this crisis.

Oh, wait, she's a Governor. :lol
At least she's got actual executive responsibilities to attend to that she may or may not be giving her full attention to.

Obama can't even be bothered to make a binary vote on a crisis effecting us all.

... I'm trying really hard here.

reilo

Also, isn't it hilarious how the McCain camp abandoned the entire "but Obama has FM/FM ties!" after the Rick Davis lobbying fiasco?

Amir0x

Banned
reilo said:
It'd be awesome. The debate is projected to have 100mil+ viewers, and if McCain doesn't show up, everyone will continue to tune in. Obama then addresses literally the entire electorate by himself to put the smackdown on McCain.

It won't have 100+ million viewers if McCain does not show up. It'll have way, way less.

That said, I suspect the impact will be better determined in the days to come as the game of chicken intensifies. And what exactly occurs on the bailout.

PhatSaqs said:
Ok. I'm convinced that McCain is intentionally throwing this election. None of the shit he's doing makes any sense at all. From his brain dead choice for VP to the lies in ads to this retarded move to delay debates.

This dude can't be serious about the election at all.

... well that would certainly make him a maverick :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Guy Legend said:
McOld.png

The man just looks old and feeble now. What a ridiculous day.
Fixed

ronito

Gary Whitta said:
Rove on the ORLY Factor, even he's saying this move could be suicide for McCain.
Riiiiiiight. Rove says its "suicide" then when congress passes the bill, which it would have anyway with or without Mccain he'll come out and say, "Wasn't it amazing that he would rather save the economy than win an election? What a hero? Did you know he was a POW???"

GhaleonEB

reilo said:
Also, isn't it hilarious how the McCain camp abandoned the entire "but Obama has FM/FM ties!" after the Rick Davis lobbying fiasco?
Yeah, their response to that follow-up article was to just bail out. Out of the debates, out of the campaign, out of their fucking minds.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Gary Whitta said:
Rove on the ORLY Factor, even he's saying this move could be suicide for McCain.

I think Rove and McCain really don't like each other, wink wink 2000 wink wink.

Tamanon said:
Extended interview won't be released until next week. It's just bits and pieces now.
Hopefully CBS will drip-feed a steady supply of embarrassing soundbites over the coming days, compounding the all-out clusterfuck that the McCain campaign is fast becoming.

I'm hoping McCain has cashed in enough "Strait talk chips" that the public won't believe him any longer. The media certainly stopped buying his bullshit, and if the public has seen enough, he's done.

reilo

Amir0x said:
It won't have 100+ million viewers if McCain does not show up. It'll have way, way less.

That said, I suspect the impact will be better determined in the days to come as the game of chicken intensifies. And what exactly occurs on the bailout.
The real issue I have with this McCain political maneuvering he is trying to pull off, is that for the past week, he was spending his time being on such important shows as Rachel Ray's. Up until today, he was scheduled to appear on Letterman, too.

If we are truly under an economic crisis, then McCain just pulled a Bush-Katrina fiasco by waiting a week to actually do something.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
reilo said:

Obama will never do the debate without McCain. He's not stupid.

1- If he does the debate, it makes it look like he doesn't care about the economy.
2- If he does the debate, McCain will ask for his own "by myself" debate, which the media will not give him, and he'll call out the media on it.
3- Whatever happens from her on with the bill, McCain will claim that he puts country first.

People saying this is over... don't get your hopes up. I will be very surprised if this day really does mark the downfall for McCain. In a month who knows where this election will be if just two weeks ago McCain was ahead in every poll.

jey_16

Banned
ugh....for some reason, i think this might workand give him some help in the polls. It plays in to his whole "country first" scheme he has going on

hopefully it doesnt and we get to see him crash and burn :D

grandjedi6

Ether_Snake said:
Obama will never do the debate without McCain. He's not stupid.

1- If he does the debate, it makes it look like he doesn't care about the economy.
2- If he does the debate, McCain will ask for his own "by myself" debate, which the media will not give him, and he'll call out the media on it.
3- Whatever happens from her on with the bill, McCain will claim that he puts country first.
None of that will even be close to the image of McCain not showing up to the debate.

When McCain picked Palin, I thought it was instant suicide. More like a slow drag.

This, today-- seems like suicide. I'm probably wrong again, but I'm not sure how McCain can win now. Regardless of whether I (or anybody) thinks it's a good move, the Press is in full-on hate mode de to McCain camp's recent remarks, and they're all playing this like a ploy. And making a ploy during a crisis looks really bad.

I expect more Repubs to start coming out publicly for Obama over the next week.

In Sarah Palin's own terminology, McCain just blinked.

Guy Legend

If McCain doesn't show up to the debate, it will be a disaster for him. However, the last thing I want to see is Republicans getting their wishes on a delayed schedule on all the debates. The debates need to go on as scheduled.

Postponing the VP debate is even more hysterical. This shit can't be real.

grandjedi6

Tamanon said:
Bush invites Obama and McCain to meet at the White House tomorrow?:lol How odd.

Now Mccainy, I know you wanna help and all but you're like an ant in a picnic. So buzz out, he he he.

Now Bammy, I should show you where I hid the snack drawer in case you get the munches next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom