• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I do find McCain's story truly inspiring, I really do. I think he is a great man.

But he has sold out everything he stood for in the past four years and I don't want him leading the country. I respect and appreciate his sacrifice.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What about those soldiers who didn't get caught and accomplished their missions?

mj1108

Danthrax said:
Didn't we get the rundown on this POW stuff during the video? I mean really what does this shit have to do with voting for him or not?

It's this or ... I don't know.... actual policies.

Xavien

Good God... won't he shut up about all these war stories?

Reminds me of an old war verteran going "During the war....." every other minute.

Zeliard

dasein said:
plz, someone, anyone...

why will the media like this speech? I don't understand why gaffers are saying this.

The media has been emasculated, and are too afraid (with a few exceptions) of going after the McCain campaign at this point for fear of being labeled sexist, age-ist, unpatriotic, elitist, etc. Thank god for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

I am glad he's going over the pow story again (hero hero hero), I missed the 30 times they've retold it this week. Also I missed it the 300 times over the course of the last few months...

Xisiqomelir

kevm3 said:
the republicans ar ebasically clapping from Obama, since so much of McCain's speech is lifted from Obama.

Have we inflicted night terrors on gkrykewy yet today? Fuggit.

jfayh2.jpg

"Not my problem" tee hee

teh_pwn said:
I'm no doctor, but McCain looks bad. Red, watery eyes. Uneven masses on his cheeks. The guy doesn't have many years left.
This is not a beauty contest for the presidency...unless if it involves his daughter.

The discussion of his time as a POW must be really hard for McCain since he's said that it's something he's reluctant to talk about.

I think it would have been great to really rip on the people that were protesting. Just as how an audience member will heckle a comedian and nobody cares about his routine after they break him from his act. Once that happens, you can see the "canned" routine the comedian had prepared and it doesn't just match that "in the moment" context. If he would have delivered a stinger directly to the protestors, I think it would have been epic.

For what it's worth, I do respect John McCain - agree with him or not.

venne

DAILY SHOW TIME

No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW No more POW

Snaku

Banned
Holy crap...do not let this man win. I don't think I'd be able to endure four State of the Union addresses from him.

dasein

Zeliard said:
The media has been emasculated, and are too afraid (with a few exceptions) of going after the McCain campaign at this point for fear of being labeled sexist, age-ist, unpatriotic, elitist, etc. Thank god for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
but he seems like such a dumbo!

This...this is basically a 9/11 allegory.

Traumatic experience showing you how much you love your country?

Love for your country should never, ever need a traumatic event just so you can suddenly feel the love for your country.

ronito

It's too sad, I can't watch him whore out the misfortunes in his life like a pre-teen girl throwing herself at any boy who'll pay attention.

You were a proud man once John, you stood for something, but you've lost that to the people running your campaign. Tonight, I pity you far more than hate you. It's just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom