• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of toothless Hill-Billys (75,000 in Portland for OBAMA post #3599)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think he's stuck in a time-loop continuum and can't get out of it! He's reliving the same 5 minutes of that post over and over again.

Ahaha, okay, Data got me out of that time loop.

Seriously, it kept telling me "500 Server Error" or "NeoGAF appears to have a database problem", so I just kept hitting Refresh every few minutes until it appeared to work.

Deus Ex Machina said:
capt.e5097ed078194d88be1448ffed8482ee.aptopix_puerto_rico_campaign_2008_michelle_obama_xbl102.jpg

Michelle Obama hugs a young patient at San Jorge Children's Hospital, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008. Michelle Obama is campaigning in Puerto Rico for her husband, Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama, D-IL, ahead of the June 1 primary.
One more

michelleobamainPR3-thumb.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Arde5643 said:
NeoGAF = JoshuaSlone's Groundhog Day?

Poor guy must be stuck in an alternate reality where Hillary Clinton was the democratic nominee, and he has been chosen to fix the events of the day in order to correct that what is wrong. And he keeps reliving the same moments until he realizes what needs to be fixed in order to restore righteousness!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
JoshuaJSlone said:
Ahaha, okay, Data got me out of that time loop.

Seriously, it kept telling me "500 Server Error" or "NeoGAF appears to have a database problem", so I just kept hitting Refresh every few minutes until it appeared to work.
Fig-eating apes are the new latte-sipping liberals.

woeds

Clinton takes on TV pundits at distillery stop in Kentucky
Wrapping up a rally at the Maker's Mark bourbon distillery on Saturday, Hillary Clinton again argued that she leads Barack Obama in the popular vote and attacked the television "punditry" that has suggested the race is over.

"All those people on TV who are telling you and everybody else that this race is over and I should just be graceful and say, 'Oh it's over' even though I've won more votes - those are all people who have a job," Clinton told supporters picnicking in the gardens of the distillery.

"Those are all people who have health care. Those are all people who can afford to send their kids to college. Those are all people who can pay whatever is charged at the gas pump. They're not the people I'm running to be a champion for."

"They keep telling me to quit," said Clinton. "I don't know, maybe I was just raised with the kind of values you were raised [with]. You don't quit on people and you don't quit until you finish what you started and you don't quit on America."

Clinton has recently been claiming a lead over Obama in the popular vote, a debatable claim, especially because the Democratic National Committee doesn't count the votes of Florida and Michigan, which Clinton does.

Both states were disqualified by the DNC for bringing forward their primaries.

CNN's official count — including all primaries and caucuses but neither Florida nor Michigan — has Obama ahead by close to 700,000 votes.
art.clintondistillery.ap.jpg

Look u guiz, i'm just liek u!!!!!!

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
432837_5.jpg

Michelle Obama explains the forthcoming plastic surgery she will be undergoing in order to qualify for a surprise cameo in Soul Calibur IV...

Barack's starting lineup:

Madame Vice President: Kathleen Sebelius
2229248973_effe03dd6f.jpg

Mister Attorney General: John Edwards
capt.cps.nek31.150508081602.photo01.photo.default-460x512.jpg

Mister Secretary of State: Bill Richardson
2349936701_de594dd32c.jpg

Madame Senate Majority Leader: Hillary Clinton
2437394249_824e76ed76.jpg

PHOTOS; BARACK and MICHELLE OBAMA campaigning yesterday in Eugene, Keizer, Oregon

r161800447.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) gets some advice on what to order from a young patron during a stop at the Prince Puckler's ice cream shop in Eugene, Oregon May 17, 2008.
REUTERS/Richard Clement

capt.3ed5ebe5db24404d80cfd868e016055f.obama_2008_orjh126.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., second from left, and his wife Michelle, right, poses with employees at Prince Puckler's ice cream shop in Eugene, Ore., Saturday, May 17, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.90791e2de04246379af2e86d59970883.obama_2008_orjh123.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., right, and his wife Michelle eat ice cream at Prince Puckler's ice cream shop in Eugene, Ore., Saturday, May 17, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.5cde2c07de2a4b2fadc030e36bd19708.obama_2008_orjh122.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., center, and his wife Michelle talk to supporters outside Prince Puckler's ice cream shop in Eugene, Ore., Saturday, May 17, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.db1c109054cf4a8abef6857d80bc4a7b.obama_2008_orjh132.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., bottom left, and his wife Michelle greet people at the Iris Festival in Keizer, Ore., Saturday, May 17, 2008. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.7d8530fae49445b58a589c75c37c7a79.obama_2008_orjh130.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, and his wife Michelle order soda and popcorn at a concession stand at the Iris Festival in Keizer, Ore., Saturday, May 17, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

And, a baby photo from yesterday in Roseburg, Oregon...
capt.cps.nfc98.180508083940.photo02.photo.default-512x354.jpg

Democratic presidental hopeful US Senator Barack Obama (L) holds a baby during a campaign rally at Roseburg High School in Roseburg, Oregon. Obama set his sights on November's general election Saturday as he campaigned in Oregon, where he hopes to declare victory in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination. (AFP/Getty Images/Justin Sullivan)

GhaleonEB

iapetus said:
432837_5.jpg

Michelle Obama explains the forthcoming plastic surgery she will be undergoing in order to qualify for a surprise cameo in Soul Calibur IV...
I saw that and thought she was saying, "And then I grabbed him by the balls and said, 'these are mine now.'"

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Cheebs said:
So Obama is more or less ignoring Kentucky like he did WV it seems.

Looks like it, however I doubt it will be as bad as West Virginia.
The advantage to Kentucky, is it will be overshadowed by Oregon in the media (even though the delegates are the same). Not to mention he will clinch the pledged delegates that day.

GhaleonEB

The tight race between Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama has attracted national attention not only to Tuesday's election but to Oregon's unique vote-by-mail system.

It's a key test for mail balloting. More than a dozen states are expanding vote-by-mail or considering expansion, but Oregon remains the only state with 100 percent mail balloting, after voters approved the change a decade ago.

With so much at stake, the last thing Secretary of State Bill Bradbury wants is an election day snafu. That's why he was "hugely concerned" after the state mailed 33,500 Oregonians two ballots apiece for Tuesday's election.

Those voters changed their party registration close to the April 29 deadline, after election officials had prepared ballots for mailing. The voters each received a ballot based on their old information and one with their updated registration.

"There was a real possibility that the whole thing would look completely fraudulent because of a bunch of people getting two ballots," Bradbury says. "You just really don't want that image."

But Bradbury and other election officials say the vote-by-mail system has enough safeguards in place to assure that each voter will vote only once. They sent notices and postcards to each of the voters advising them what to do, and now they are confident there won't be double voting.

"I have no question that the signature verification process will catch virtually every one of these," Bradbury says.

The Clinton and Obama campaigns are watching closely. Spokesmen for both campaigns say they aren't aware of problems and expect everyone to vote as intended -- once.

"However, we'll wait and see how it goes," says Obama spokesman Nick Shapiro.

Under vote-by-mail, there are no polling places. Voters get their ballots in the mail and have more than two weeks to send them back or deliver them to a drop-off site.
http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1211001907107530.xml&coll=7

Whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom