• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Democrats dread Hillary's book tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

Does Hillary share in any of the blame?
Every campaign has hurdles but the fact that it seems like she is blaming everyone but herself is really annoying. Just go away. I understand the Russia interference was a thing but I do believe a less flawed candidate would have been able to push through that. Hilary had a lot of baggage which in conjunction with Russia became extremely problematic.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yeah, she's actually trying to criticize Obama who helped clear the field for her, and Biden who chose not to run so the field could be clear for her.

I would have words but I just can't. Both the then-sitting President and Vice President sacrificed everything to help her and this is how she repays them.
Biden didn't run because his son fucking died. There was no grand conspiracy to "clear the path" for her. Jesus Christ, I really think there's something wrong with you.

HariKari

Every single person in this country shares in the blame for what happened. We all had the opportunity to vote against Trump and people didn't. If blaming her entirely for this makes you feel better about the fact large swaths of this country are horrible people, including people you know and love, then so be it, but recognize that fact for what it is. People had a more than clear choice and they chose, at the end of the day that's the truth of the matter.

It's a really simple question. The twisting to make the answer anything other than "yes" is why Hillary and her supporters are reviled by many. Own the loss. "Any" is not blaming her entirely, by the way.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
People saying that "she's just a citizen, she can do whatever she wants" is weird. She's not just some random old lady or even a random celebrity. Like it or not her name still carries with it great weight (though not in a good way) considering she lost to Trump and she's extremely unpopular--Republicans can mostly and will definitely still use her name to hurt Democrats in many things. Clearly this is something that worries many people in the Democrats side of the fence too, since they're not too thrilled about this book tour.

Yea it's true that technically "can do whatever she wants", but if by doing so she can feasibly hurt Democrats' efforts to stem Republicans, which is clearly the bigger and more important issue here, don't you folks think it would be wiser for her to held back a bit?

pigeon

Banned
I wish she wouldn't do this. I think it's somewhat selfish. If Clinton felt responsible to the Democratic Party and to her voters, I assume she'd listen to them telling her to go away for a while.

My focus is on removing Trump, not on a failed ex-politician, even if she would've been a good president.

That said I also don't have a violently irrational hatred of her based on my warped and paranoid internal narrative, so I'm not sure either side will have me.

Loudninja

I wish she wouldn't do this. I think it's somewhat selfish. If Clinton felt responsible to the Democratic Party and to her voters, I assume she'd listen to them telling her to go away for a while.

My focus is on removing Trump, not on a failed ex-politician, even if she would've been a good president.

That said I also don't have a violently irrational hatred of her based on my warped and paranoid internal narrative, so I'm not sure either side will have me.
Oh please this so so silly.

She is not going to stop living her life these people are the only ones being selfish here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's a really simple question. The twisting to make the answer anything other than "yes" is why Hillary and her supporters are reviled by many. Own the loss. "Any" is not blaming her entirely, by the way.

I'm not twisting anything. I said yes. I also said there were a multitude of other options that led to the loss. The world is complicated, I'm sorry you don't understand that fact. Just because you don't want to admit the reality of this country's hate doesn't make you smart.

Bernie is not a russian shill.

Okay lets pretend she runs again, how the fuck do you propose she gets over the hurdle of losing to Donald Trump?

She would be a bigger joke than Zuckerberg.

I thought it was a terrible idea for her to run last time. There’s no reasoning with narcissists who think they’re entitled to be President.

Shauni

Biden didn't run because his son fucking died. There was no grand conspiracy to "clear the path" for her. Jesus Christ, I really think there's something wrong with you.

It's pretty established that Unknown Solider is a Bernie stan who is full of it lol.

Obama didn't disclose the Russian investigation and told her to go easy on Sanders as to not cause fracturing in the party (something he sure didn't care about). So, yes, he is partially to blame as well.

He didn't disclose the investigation because it was confidential information, and he told her to go easy on Sanders because he knew it would make the division among the Dems even stronger and would increase the likely hood of hardcore Bernie bros not voting for her. Fuck outta here with this.

ZOONAMI

There is nothing fucking wrong with writing a book to tell your story. Enough of this bitch eating crackers.

When the content of said book basically throws every other dem under the bus, people who helped her, when her own former staffers are shaking their heads, and when she's literally going to more places in less time to sell said book than she did to sell her own fucking candidacy, yeah, there is something wrong.

When a significant chunk of your own party and base are all shaking their heads, maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror and stop saying everyone else is wrong and it's totally OK to do whatever I want.

Socivol

She criticizes Obama for telling her to concede on election night when it was clear she lost. Of course she didn't do that. Hillary always knows best in her mind.
This cannot be real. This woman cannot be this arrogant. Do you have a link because this is so outrageous I can't even believe it.

She blamed Obama for not going public with information he had about Russian interference before the election took place.

After Biden criticized her post-election, she started going after him as well.

Basically the fault sphere for her defeat encompasses literally everyone at this point except her.

And Obama agrees with this criticism. As do most people. The reason he didn't was flawed, it was very well information the public should've known but he thought it might look bad on himself, thinking that the election would be safe for Hillary anyways.

slit

Obama and Hillary already knew about the Russian interference and the tampering of the voter rolls was known. She could have contested the legitimacy of the results, but one of the big things that the Russians directed Trump to do was poison that well.

Plus there were tens of thousands of people out in protest after the results, if she didn't concede that could've been galvanized into something more.

You're dreaming. She couldn't have galvanized anything. Contesting the results would have done nothing at that point. As far as what they knew beforehand, I would say that is on Obama more than her.

phanphare

Banned
Hahahaha uncontested. Hell, her damned book tour is contested. Uncontested hahahaha. I'm losing it. Gotta take a break from this thread. Breath in some non-US air for a sec.

"uncontested" and "layup" go together, it's an analogy to a fast break layup in basketball when no one is there to defend aka it's an easy make

to shed the analogy portion of that she lost an election she should have won which meant that trump won. I'm sure a lot of folks were kind of sour about that considering the many failures of her campaign.

Shauni

They're reviled because Bernie supporters love the division they claim to hate. Everyone knows Clinton is to blame, but the fact that so many of you Bernie Bros like won't even acknowledge the mountain of other things that contributed to the win of Trump is extremely telling of what your agenda really is.

Jigorath

Banned
I mean, I'm not gonna knock her for wanting to make some money but man it's going to be annoying regurgitating all the drama from the primary again.

"How dare she criticize Bernie, and further the divide in the party!" Is such a fucking weird criticism after the shit Bernie pulled in the primary

I think that is a bullshit criticism, I agree. She can say whatever she wants. In my personal opinion, the problem is how she decided to express her grievances. That pony analogy although illustrative, is so fucking tone deaf.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
her blaming game also reached Obama!?

I hope she dedicates a whole chapter about how she herself was also the defining factor.

"I take full responsability" is an empty statement.

She apparently complains about Biden's criticisms of her lack of middle class focus too. Because I guess people like Biden and Bernie and Warren and Bill Clinton doing that for her means she didn't have to.

I've seen plenty to see that she does not understand what she did wrong and never will. Which is ok as long as the party can continue moving away from her.

Shauni

He didn't disclose the investigation because it was confidential information, and he told her to go easy on Sanders because he knew it would make the division among the Dems even stronger and would increase the likely hood of hardcore Bernie bros not voting for her. Fuck outta here with this.

The Russian investigation was not confidential and could have been revealed, don't know where you're pulling that from. And you literally just regurgitated what I said about the primaries lol.

DonShula

Many also believe the party has largely moved on from 2016, and that this is a selfish endeavor more about Clinton’s own feelings than helping the party or country take their next steps.

Yeah, there's no reason for the party to entertain this. It's hard enough keeping the Bernie wing bolted on without Hillary parading around on a book tour. I'm already seeing the backlash from Bernie supporters and she's barely gotten started. The party doesn't exist to appease Bernie's followers but still... there's no benefit to anyone except Hillary here.

She's not viable going forward and needs to step off. And this is coming from someone who voted for her.

It's pretty established that Unknown Solider is a Bernie stan who is full of it lol.

I almost wish his ass Would run in 2020. 90% of the stans wouldn't show up when the L came, and if they did, you know damn well they'd do enough defending and buck-passing that they'd completely miss the irony

I think some of ya'll just like having a bogeyman.

Whose afraid? I don't think she could win the nomination in 2020, I just think she'll run, or at the very least ”explore" it.

My original question which you complete failled to answer is if she runs again, how the fuck do you propose she gets over the hurdle of losing to Donald Trump?

Gillibrand, Sanders, and Harris could dunk on her quite easily.

Shauni

Yeah, there's no reason for the party to entertain this. It's hard enough keeping the Bernie wing bolted on without Hillary parading around on a book tour. I'm already seeing the backlash from Bernie supporters and she's barely gotten started. The party doesn't exist to appease Bernie's followers but still... there's no benefit to anyone except Hillary here.

She's not viable going forward and needs to step off. And this is coming from someone who voted for her.

Bernie supporters are offended that she breathes.

ghostjoke

Banned
I'm sure this thread will finally be the one to get to the bottom of all of this. Seriously, go bump up one of the ones about your country literally or figuratively burning. They have the ever so slight chance of making a difference to help mend your country. Even if there was an objective answer to this, it wouldn't do anything.

I'm aware of the irony of this post, but there's been several threads around this topic in the past week and all get locked for the same reason by the same groups/opinions. It's a complete waste of time.

btrboyev

Why is she even doing this? Writing a book anyway? Are they not rich enough? Nobody wants to hear an excuse. She should go hide and ever be on public again. She lost to Donald Trump. That says a lot about how much she is disliked.

Horns

Who cares? She's free to do what she wants. Anyone bothered by her writing a book or being in public can shove off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom