• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

[Politico] Trump allies warn him not to run in 2024

Will Trump run for President in 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 57 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 88 60.7%

• Total voters

captainraincoat

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2010
Still pretty much half of the voting Americans don’t like what the dems are offering...I can only see it getting worse

the popcorn machine the next 4 years is surely gonna get a workout as they realise what is going on

e&e

Nov 17, 2020
Trump should focus on building a conservative media empire. He can achieve more that way. Push Ted Cruz or Ivanka or Candace Owens to presidency instead.
Candace Owens!!!!!!???? 🤣

Please god let the GOP run a Ivanka/Candace Owens 2024 ticket.
😂
🙏
They will lose badly. The Black community despises Candace Owens...

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

May 19, 2020
The only reasons his platform won in 2016 was because he was against a uniquely terrible candidate in Clinton, this time he went against somebody who was at least marginally more likeable and he got absolutely reamed. Imagine him or god forbid one of his useless children(who cant even talk in anything resembling charisma) going up against an actual competent candidate, it would be a bloodbath at the ballot box

Him and his politics ain't a winner just not enough of a base to push someone over the line, so yeah I think he is aware of this and will just disappear after the 20th

LarknThe4th

May 19, 2020
Ah yes, so now we are completely believing that a man who barely campaigned and can barely complete a sentence has won the most votes for a presidential candidate EVER.

LOL.
He won, convincingly

I suggest you get over it, and accept it

sackings

Jul 22, 2020
I think it would be more advantageous for him to choose a successor, one that we can sweep the entire senate/congress in one election with. DeSantis/Noem/DonJr are very strong choices imo. I believe Ivanka is going to primary Rubio in Florida.

• LOL
Reactions: LarknThe4th

sackings

Jul 22, 2020
Candace Owens!!!!!!???? 🤣

They will lose badly. The Black community despises Candace Owens...
they dont like her cuz she tells them the truth they dont wanna hear. Their culture is keeping them down, not the system

Reactions: clem84

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
Man, I can't even begin to express how excited I would be for the 2024 election to simply be boring. Just two relatively middle of the road politicians whose most controversial aspects are whose policies are not middle of the road enough.

Reactions: Ikutachi

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
If Trump can manage to avoid persecution and maintain his wealth outside of office, he should just help bankroll outlets and services that won't censor or prohibit people from using their services. I've never been a "supporter" of Trump even though I think he was a pretty good president in terms of the reforms he enacted. His foreign policy was fantastic compared to what we've had for the last few decades. He's just too much of a dumbass when it comes to the stuff he blasts out and the people he let in his cabinet. He was consistently outplayed by the establishment and he just couldn't ever shut the hell up. I'd rather just see a populist who is charismatic and reasonable, which is what we'll see moving forward. Curious how successful that person will be.

It also depends too on what the Democrat party does with their power. They have a lot of it right now.

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
We need a guy like Trump to remain firmly in the rearview mirror. At this point, he is more likely to splinter the GOP than he is to damage the Democrats.

Reactions: SF Kosmo

Pagusas

Elden Member
Jun 9, 2006
Prosper, Tx
I still want to know what the capital rioters end goal was... what ever it was backfired in the most massive way.

BlueAlpaca

Feb 6, 2018
I still want to know what the capital rioters end goal was... what ever it was backfired in the most massive way.

Those type of people have no coherent or rational world view, there are no goals other than acting like a moron. This was a religious and tribal festival for them, an opportunity to revel in camaraderie and fantasy.

• Fire
Reactions: LarknThe4th

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
I think his platform and ideas are as alive as they ever were, but there needs to be a new messenger. Keep the policies, ditch the man. I don't think he could win given what's happened now. A month ago? Absolutely. Not now.
Most people don't buy the MSM narrative, a few bad apples and low security causing some trouble, does not make an entire million march in the wrong

A source close to the polling firm tells Newsmax that the rolling survey saw Trump’s approval soar to 51% on Thursday night.

Rasmussen: Trump’s Approval Rating Soars After DC Protest​

And Rasmussen oversamples democrats iirc.

• LOL
Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sep 2, 2007

Supposedly all six copies of the certified electoral ballots were in the building at the same time. If they had gotten those then the electoral college would have to vote again.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Most americans don't seem to agree according to the rasmussen poll, that iirc oversamples democrats.
You recall incorrectly. Rasmussen is the most right leaning of all the polls that are still regarded as methodologically sound.

Trump's approval rating sits at 38% in most polls right now and 56% support removing him from office.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
AFAIK, they even had alex jones warning them not to do it in front of the capitol, the guy with horns is saying harmonics with the universe from chanting will cause things to change, complete BS.

What I think is their intent was to cause republicans to drop the call for a 10 day audit, that was the main purpose of invading the capitol.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
You recall incorrectly. Rasmussen is the most right leaning of all the polls that are still regarded as methodologically sound.

Trump's approval rating sits at 38% in most polls right now and 56% support removing him from office.
Last thread we had on polls rasmussen had changed, they were the most objective poll years ago, which is why they were more accurate in 2016, but have dropped accuracy in recent years by oversampling democrats.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
If he's in good health and comes at it with some strong execution, he'd likely be the best bet for Repubs (among candidates I'm aware of).

He was voted in to begin with because people felt they weren't being heard. Now they feel more silenced than ever. Numbers would be massive and mail-in voting is on the menu now.

YUM YUM!

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Last thread we had on polls rasmussen had changed, they were the most objective poll years ago, which is why they were more accurate in 2016, but have dropped accuracy in recent years by oversampling democrats.
No, they were the poll that was closest to accurate nationally in 2016, but they were off by about 3.5 points in Trump's favor this time. Their approval polling in general also tends to look different because it doesn't allow people to say they neither approve not disapprove, which has a effect of inflating the apparent number on both sides compared to other polls.

I've certainly lost some of my faith in polls in general after this year, although it's always harder to call a race with such unusually high turnout/so many new voters.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Dacon and OSC

Dacon

Apr 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
This is exactly the kind of shit that would make him want to run again.

No, they were the poll that was closest to accurate nationally in 2016, but they were off by about 3.5 points in Trump's favor this time. Their approval polling in general also tends to look different because it doesn't allow people to say they neither approve not disapprove, which has a effect of inflating the apparent number on both sides compared to other polls.

I've certainly lost some of my faith in polls in general after this year, although it's always harder to call a race with such unusually high turnout/so many new voters.

Understandable, pretty much every poll in 2020 was worthless.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeeDogg_
Nov 23, 2010
I think he has lost enough support that he wouldn't make it through the primary anyways. He will also be 78. I'd rather someone younger, saner with an "America First" approach run. I would not vote Trump in 2024.

I think Pres. Trump has an excellent shot at winning the next GOP primary. The thing for him is prosecutors taking him down. Winning the main election too is a problem for him.

Ultimately though, Trump's skillset was perfect for Republican politics and a lot of Americans apparently like what they hear from him. He tells them exactly what they want to hear. That's how he has stayed in the game (days after an insurrection) and achieved a title only a handful of folks will ever experience.

chriskun

Dec 7, 2006
Those type of people have no coherent or rational world view, there are no goals other than acting like a moron. This was a religious and tribal festival for them, an opportunity to revel in camaraderie and fantasy.
Yeah, totally agree with this. Disorganized protests that lack clear purpose are no longer exclusive to the left. Because of Trump and his purposeful erosion of a clear narrative of truth you are going to see this more often than we have in the past.

GeorgPrime

Bonus Member
Jan 9, 2020

"Weeks ago, he seemed like the clear frontrunner. Now, Republicans blame him for inciting riots at the Capitol and his 2024 prospects are in doubt."​

just wait for Democrats to piss of everyone again in the next 4 years and then let a republican come up who is capable of not being a little whiny bitch like trump

Majmun

Dec 15, 2005
NeoGaf
What's the use? He will lose again and we'll risk another "fake election" debacle. Or another failed coup.

So, Trump, stay away or stay in prison.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Trump's goal with the riot was to postpone the election certification. He spent the early hours of the riot calling people and asking them to stall. I have no idea what the next step in that plan was. Maybe to push it back long enough to trigger a house vote?

What the LARPers thought they were doing? I think they were mostly there to menace and intimidate legislators into voting their way, but some had darker goals as well, and some were just there to take selfies.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Aug 20, 2012
I would love him to, but if not I'd love Kristi Noem to be running for the Republicans.

Cyberpunkd

Dec 16, 2020
I think his platform and ideas are as alive as they ever were, but there needs to be a new messenger. Keep the policies, ditch the man. I don't think he could win given what's happened now. A month ago? Absolutely. Not now.
It's the most Trump thing possible that once again Donal Trump is his own worst enemy. What a dumbass.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

perkelson

Dec 13, 2020
Democrats lost house seats.
They barely control Senate.
Biden won by barely few thousands votes.
After riots his popularity is same as it was before.
Congress/Senate have WORSE favorability than Trump.

All of this despite pandemic which should sink almost any best run government and total crackdown on conservatives everywhere in last 2 years.

1. Those who say Republicans are finished as in "Democrats will always win" are just retards.
2. Trump problem are not democrats but republicans. This is GOP vs RHINOS vs TRUMPIANS battle.

Right now Rhinos are almost dead but they have still powerful people like Mitch on their side.
GOP is mostly now Trumpians but they have still some members who were not converted.

Imho the best way for checkmate from Trump is to start his own party or make a threat about starting his own party:

- Rhinos without GOP or Trumpians will instantly lose power
- GOP doesn't really have any message now so it is only normal for them to move toward Trumpism
- Trumpians will in majority switch party or run against old gop/rhinos.

So it all really depends on what Trump will do. If he goes for vacation that is the end of this.

If he will choose making his own party this will be major shock to the system. FPTP system isn't great for new small parties but this party would be huge on start which means FPTP would boost it instead of making problems for it.

What would that achieve ?:

- People would have 3 choices instead of 2. Any company that makes products will tell you that you need few produts instead of 1 to boost sales as people when they have 3 choices and even if 2 of them are exactly the same they will pick more likely one of the 2 same.
- There are shitload of people who are tired of 2 party system.
- Faith based rhino conservatives would stay with republicans while new Trump party could get behind Democracts PR campaign they run for decades how Republicans are racists.
- Trump party for sure would be closer to republican party policy wise but they would be more populist thus some freebies would be normal for them.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeeDogg_

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
Most people don't buy the MSM narrative, a few bad apples and low security causing some trouble, does not make an entire million march in the wrong

And Rasmussen oversamples democrats iirc.

Got any reputable source for that "million march"?

oh it's a necro

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Trump being an absolute fucking maniac makes the entire base wrong about Trump being qualified to be president.

Which doesn't make them all bad people and doesn't invalidate every grievance or policy position. It just means they're shitty judges of character.

Last edited:

Mahadev

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2007
What's the use? He will lose again and we'll risk another "fake election" debacle. Or another failed coup.

So, Trump, stay away or stay in prison.

Stop repeating moronic buzzwords corporate media have spoonfed you.

Crimson_Fate

Jun 6, 2013
Florida
Trump will either be campaigning for President in 2024 or campaigning against Republican senators/congressmen in 22,24 and 26. Maybe Both

TeezzyD

Fantastik Tuna
Mar 18, 2020
He will be largely forgotten about by 2024. We'll have a newer, younger Trump-like figure though. Maybe even Don jr.

• Empathy
Reactions: Tesseract

Ten_Fold

Jan 18, 2017
Ivanka as president and Candace as VP, wouldn’t be bad you help a bunch of rappers get their record clean and in return probably their support.
If Joe doesn’t die in office or step down he has a BIG chance of winning again, but if Harris takes over at any point I think republicans have a very strong chance of winning if they re-think their approach. They need to pander more.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
he'll run again if he wants and win

they'll have to put up an ice wall to stop him