• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll : Playstation 5 stages of grief

What stage are you in ?

• Denial

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Anger

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Depression

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Based on several threads here a lot of people seem to be in the "denial" stages. Which I know this thread is just for fun, but in all seriousness, a 9.2tf PS5 (yeah I don't believe the 10.3) with a Ryzen CPU and the pedigree of Sony's 1st party devs and we are going to see some amazing games on that console regardless of the power difference between the two units. For some reason, fan boys think because the PS5 is less powerful the 1st party games will magically be not as good. As I posted in another thread take a look at Sony's 1st party games on a 1.8tf system with a potato CPU and how they can make those amazing games and then imagine what those same 1st party devs can do with the PS5.

First of all we must stop calling the PS5 a 10TF console, its pure marketing talk. It has a 9TF GPU. By that logic using overclocked numbers the Xbox has a 14TF GPU
Agreed the ps5 is not a 10 TF console. There is a reason Cerny in his variable speeds rhteoric forgot to mention the low end of the clock speed the ps5 GPU (and the CPU) will be running. 10 TF is just clever Sony marketing talk cause they knew that, with the massive fanbase they had, many would not even question anything, Had MS done the same thing the internet would be on fire.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lameā„¢
At first I was annoyed at all the Xbots, but now I just feel sorry them because they're all blind. They simply can't see how superior of a system the PS5 is.

I guess it makes sense they're on Xbox, cos Xbox supports them better with the accessibility controller and all.

Also must be why XSX has braille on the back of the console.

Screenshot_2020_03_16_at_21.45.27.png
I get this is a troll thread, but shit like this is so low brow.

DESTROYA

Iā€™m at the wait and see how this plays out stage, thereā€™s a lot we still donā€™t know about these consoles, mainly price .
Only fanboys jump the gun knowing only specs.

mango drank

Waiting to see what the launch games for both platforms are, and what they look like.

This is a weird situation because we know specs for each console, but we've barely seen jack shit in terms of games. In past years, console reveals have centered on the games themselves. All this talk of theoretical power seems like it's just going around in circles at this point, before seeing the actual results.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You have been fighting the good fight for Sony for how many decades now panajev ? Now this is something you cannot make up.

You had a long while to think of something and this is the knockout punch you came up with? A Sony shill accusation :LOL:... Was not expected anything and I still was disappointed.gif indeed :).

You still did not address what I said at all, but that was to be expected I guess.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Waiting to see what the launch games for both platforms are, and what they look like.

This is a weird situation because we know specs for each console, but we've barely seen jack shit in terms of games. In past years, console reveals have centered on the games themselves. All this talk of theoretical power seems like it's just going around in circles at this point, before seeing the actual results.
Because the games are always shown at the E3 before launch. Now E3 isnt happening but i'm sure Sony and Microsoft will do their own thing around E3 times and show us the games. Which will be a godsend if i'm being honest.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Because the games are always shown at the E3 before launch. Now E3 isnt happening but i'm sure Sony and Microsoft will do their own thing around E3 times and show us the games. Which will be a godsend if i'm being honest.
Sure if you have all the time in the world to follow all these events. Some of us work for a living and E3 let us get our news all in 1 place at 1 time it was great. Now I have to figure out 35 small events from every company out there going to be tedious.

mango drank

I dunno why Sony and MS blew their wad so early this year.

Anyway, I'm open to buying either console, depending on the games.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I dunno why Sony and MS blew their wad so early this year.

Anyway, I'm open to buying either console, depending on the games.
Pretty much everyone in the gaming demographic is stuck at home. Now is the perfect time to market these things. People are looking for any distraction from this crappy virus. I know I am it's a lot of work then get home to it. This is welcome distraction I applaud both Sony and Microsoft.

You had a long while to think of something and this is the knockout punch you came up with? A Sony shill accusation :LOL:... Was not expected anything and I still was disappointed.gif indeed :).

You still did not address what I said at all, but that was to be expected I guess.
Your post history, which extends to over 2 decades speaks for itself.

Hawk269

Obsidian and Ninja Theory are unproven ?
I am not suggesting MS's 1st party stable is the same because they don't have the proven track record aside from a few of them...but that is not to say they can't come out with some great stuff. I think the exciting part for me is what new IP's some of the teams will come up with. We already know Sony's first party teams are a proven entity....and MS has a lot to prove/deliver. We know Playground/343i/Coalition/Obsidian have delivered some amazing games in the past...it is what the others will do/show.

I think if you are a person that only buys one console, you will be getting some great games no matter which console you buy.

At first I was annoyed at all the Xbots, but now I just feel sorry them because they're all blind. They simply can't see how superior of a system the PS5 is.

I guess it makes sense they're on Xbox, cos Xbox supports them better with the accessibility controller and all.

Loosing against (not just in sells but in games, numbers and quality) PS2, PS3 and PS4 even versus PS4 Pro seems quite damaging for their ego.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm sure it actually bothers some more then most.
Probably bothers Xbox fans most
As they, Just, can't, accept people are still excited about another console.
It's like they're still in defence mode
In case a flop gets stolen from them.
Honestly both have shown jack Shit.
In my opinion
MS is ahead because they shown a plastic box first.
Otherwise until we see some launch titles.
tenor.gif

Aion002

Acceptance

I need now the games, release date, price, BC information and cross buy.

If games like GOT and TLU2 are not cross buy with the PS5 I will drop Sony for good.

Otherwise, everything is fine.

Last edited:
Oh, did I get myself a stalker :)?

Seriously, dodging the argument and BS-ing your way into derailing the topic more and more with an ad hominem?!
Why would I ever want to argue with someone that has been worshiping every Sony hardware decision for over 2 decades ? My opinion on the hardware of both new consoles has been already expressed in multiple threads, why would I bother with one of the biggest console warriors in the history of gaf ?

longdi

Banned
Denial now.

Anger when Sony and MS msrp is 499. Which causes the memes and websites to cheer Series X awesome value. But what about the new load times experience, they argued.

Bargaining when the early games show less worthy loading advantages as Series X prettier pixels blows non partizan reviewers experience away. But wait for it, they plea.

Depression when more and more 3rd party and 1st party titles prove that prettier pixels have a more powerful impact than 2-3 seconds of faster loading. Whatever 'new' ssd gaming designs are replicate beautifully and near faithful on Series X. This cant be happening, they cry.

Acceptance when they finally end the pain and buy a Series X as they had enough of rougher looking PS5 games which runs awfully hot and need to go firmware updates after updates. This is beautiful they finally admit.

Last edited:
LOL this thread is embarrassingšŸ˜‚

I really do question how old some of you posters are??

Why donā€™t we all wait till actual games are released, ad analysed in detail before the power card plays out.

The only thing right now embarrassing is the way some Xbox fans are posting, you would think theyā€™re 20 years old at most.

Aion002

Denial now.

Anger when Sony and MS msrp is 499. Which causes the memes and websites to cheer Series X awesome value. But what about the new load times experience, they argued.

Bargaining when the early games should less worthy loading advantage as Series X prettier pixels blows non partizan reviewers away. But what for it, they plea.

Depression when more and more 3rd party and 1st party titles prove that prettier pixels have a more powerful impact than 2-3 seconds of faster loading. Whatever 'new' ssd gaming designs are replicate beautifully and near faithful on Series X. This cant be happening, they cry.

Acceptance when they finally end the pain and buy a Series X as they had enough of rougher looking PS5 games which runs awfully hot and need to go firmware updates after updates. This is beautiful they finally admit.

That's what happens when your favorite piece of plastic has never won a gen.... People at the faintest oportunity go all out projecting all their insecurities.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

TLZ

Banned
LOL this thread is embarrassingšŸ˜‚

I really do question how old some of you posters are??

Why donā€™t we all wait till actual games are released, ad analysed in detail before the power card plays out.

The only thing right now embarrassing is the way some Xbox fans are posting, you would think theyā€™re 20 years old at most.
Maybe 10 ;)

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Here most have found acceptance, at the other place the mods and owners must be on the sony pay roll, because the ps5 fanboys are just making stuff up over there.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Wow, that's a pretty crass thing to say. Even among forum fun jabs, that's mighty low.

What do you say about PS5 where nobody sees the system at all?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom