• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: PT vs HL3. You could only have one.

PT vs HL3

• Total voters

nkarafo

Half-life 3 and Silent Hills (PT) not being made are probably the biggest game industry disapointments ever, in the history of videogames. An even harder pill to swallow than ET on the Atari 2600 or the various studios EA killed in it's history, if you ask me. But i wonder which one people would rather have today if the planets aligned?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Half-Life Alyx IS Half-Life 3 mate, for better or worse. If you don't plan on playing it you should read the plot and see what I mean. It's not a random spin-off.

nkarafo

Whichever is playable in VR.
Which one would you want?

Half-Life Alyx IS Half-Life 3 mate, for better or worse. If you don't plan on playing it you should read the plot and see what I mean. It's not a random spin-off.
Not sure about that but it's something. You get a fix. Which is why i voted for PT myself since i also want an actual scary game after many years.

Kev Kev

Half-Life Alyx IS Half-Life 3 mate, for better or worse.
200.gif

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

It's not. It ends with a huge reveal regarding the ending of EP2 which pretty much confirms a sequel to episode 2 will be coming, whether its vr or not, we'll see. So HL3 is coming.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's not. It ends with a huge reveal regarding the ending of EP2 which pretty much confirms a sequel to episode 2 will be coming, whether its vr or not, we'll see. So HL3 is coming.

Did the giant cliffhanger and non-ending of Episode 2 "pretty much confirm" that we were getting a sequel almost 13 years later?

Soodanim

Gold Member
Sequel to 4 games of story (now 5) vs new game with potential and promise.

HL3 for me, like most others I want to see where the story goes. (Yeah, I read the changed names leak.)

brap

Banned
PT. HL has always been overrated and valve can't make a good game to save their lives anymore.

Kokoloko85

HL3
PT is cool but HL3 is gonna win it out. I liked HL2 but dont consider it the greatest just a big fan of an amazing game etc

Last edited:
Probably i will commit social suicide by saying this but half life 2 is one of the most overrated games in history of gaming. Good physics and graphics but for example the way how shooting feels is pretty dull, enigmatic story was just kinda there end ehh. Far Cry 1 from 2004 was more impressive to be honest

AV

Ori didn't already have 3 clearly numbered sequels.
Ori 1, Ori 2, Ori 2 episode 1, Ori 2 episode 2...

It's literally just naming conventions. You don't consider Bioshock Infinite to be Bioshock 3? You think people didn't considered Code Veronica X to be Resident Evil 4 at the time just because "it didn't have 4 in the name"? Shit, the creators themselves intended for that game to be "the true sequel to 2" even though Resident Evil 3 already existed. The numbers mean precisely nothing. Last year we got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which was actually about the 27th CoD game, not to be confused with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which was actually more like the 8th CoD game, and it also wasn't a sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It's meaningless.

They could make a non-VR game where you play as Gordon, call it "Half-Life: Freeman" and you wouldn't be making the same argument about the missing 3. Just like how if they made a mobile-only strategy game and called it Half-Life 3, people would completely reject the idea. It's all fan headcanon. I realise it's gonna be an uphill battle against die hard Half-Life fans, but let it go. Alyx is not the sequel you wanted, but it's the sequel you got. This idea that 13 years later the "true sequel is still yet to come" is nonsense. Alyx is the first full original Valve script since Portal 2 almost a decade ago and it's the closest you're going to get.

Feel free to quote me on this post when they announce Half-Life 3 in 2031.

Last edited:

Ribi

Ffs pt is a tech demo that has been copied and beaten to death more than the dark souls combat and Ui. Get over it guys, you've already played it.

Top Bottom