• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POLL: Would you pre-order the PS5, or wait 3-6 months to see if any hardware issues come up?

Would you pre-order the PS5, or wait 3-6 months to see if any hardware issues come up?

• Pre-ordering the PS5. Don't care about any hardware or software issues that come with a new PS5.

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Wait to see if any hardware issues can be resolved before committing to purchase the PS5.

Votes: 34 30.9%

• Total voters

LostDonkey

I'm personally waiting to see what the options are with external memory or possibly a bigger internal option as I don't believe 1TB will be anywhere near enough.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
There's no way I'm buying it at launch. The jet-engine fan and the shoddy controller quality of PS4 are enough for me to wait and see.

Besides, PS VR2 is one of my most anticipated thingies. I'd rather wait until that's out and fully-fleshed, plus I'll have a few years of PS5 games to pick from by that point.

Depends on price, launch games and features it has.
If there's not many games and no outstanding features from the jump, I'm gonna wait and see which console ends up being better. I doubt I'd be buying any new games after cyberpunk for a while unless something big hits

Moses85

giphy.gif

cant wait to get the hottest piece of hardware

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Once I decided to trade in my PS4 Pro come October, in turn I decided to buy PlayStation 5 day one. And Xbox Series X for that matter. Fuck it, I want both day one!!! Time for me to move on to the next generation baby!!! Whoooo!!!!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Where's the poll option for waiting a couple years for a price drop?

LordOfChaos

tl;dr probably going to get excessively philosophical about it before succumbing to my impulses

I've always waited for a while after a console launched to make sure it had no major flaws, and also to build up a library of more games that are more discounted. But the last console launch, in 2013, I would have just been finishing university and so been careful about all expenditures, and now I've never been in such a position where I could day one a console without thinking about it twice before. Part of me says treat yo self, you can do it now so go for it, even if it might get frightfully near four figures in Canada which is still bonkers for a console to me. The other part looks at the sub 1000 hours I put on my PS4 compared to everyone else with many times that, and wonders if it's worth it. I've never been more able to get it, but that ember of thrill may be shrinking.

So...We'll see.

Update: probably don’t have to order year one

Top Bottom