• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pollyanna: An Animated Earthbound Tribute

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yy5MQM4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVuv7mDNqM

cloudyy

Should be noted that the video is highly spoilerish.

But yeah, I played the game for the first time on WiiU and it's really something special. No wonder the game has still such a huge fan following after 20 years.

Kinsei

Banned
I miss you.

I don't think I'll ever be able to make it through stuff like this without getting sad.

JB2448

Saw this earlier, but never thought a thread would be made for it. Absolutely excellently done. Hopefully they make one for Mother 3 on its tenth anniversary in a couple of years.

Lucent

I saw this earlier today. Really amazing tribute with great artwork that captures a lot of the great moments in the game.

I've been feeling like going through this again lately. Might do it soon. Definitely one of the best RPGs and games ever.

Earthbound was the first JRPG I ever owned, and it's still a pretty special game for me. So many memories of it. I'm glad I eventually got to build new memories of Mother 1 and 3. Great animation that really captured the pure joy and adventure that you got in that game.

I really need to go through Mother 3 again. I haven't played it since the patch came out almost 6 years ago.

Aeana

It was really well-done, I enjoyed watching it. I think it would've been more touching if it actually used music from Earthbound rather than Mother 1, though.

Oh my God... I have the biggest smile on my face right now and am as damn near close to tears as I was when I first beat Earthbound... That A-button push at the end... GAH, this is marvelous.

I watched it and definitely teared up a little bit. That video really evokes what I love about Earthbound without a doubt. Was absolutely fantastic and beautiful.

Aeana

The music used is in both Mother games. :p
There's a motif in the house music, but it's a Mother 1 song. It doesn't evoke memories of Earthbound, and the point of that video is to well up nostalgia, so I feel that it's a miss, musically.

Wow, that was really neat. Earthbound was one of the first RPGs I ever played. It's so nice that there are so many fans who do neat things.

I'm so glad that Earthbound is on the Wii U. I bought it to support it.
It's too bad that the Mother series it over. It's not my favourite RPG series, but it was nice.

It also inspired Yume Nikki. If there ever was another Mother game, it would be nice if they had a female main character.

Hazmat

Really cool. With every other 16-bit RPG, I'm less impressed every time I play but I love Earthbound more every time.

Dalius

Ow, my heart. That was beautiful. I'd love to see a Mother 3 version... that game really hit me, especially at the end

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Might be my favourite thing I've seen in a long time. So many feels.

I've been meaning to get to writing about the Mother series. Might be the impetus to start, thanks.

Signed,
- Lifelong SSB Ness main

Top Bottom