• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Polygon] Mario Kart 8 likely to be the worst-selling game in... what is that chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting article which just popped up from Polygon, diving into why Mario Kart 8 could possibly be the worst-selling game in the franchise's history.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/15/5718168/mario-kart-series-sales

Lock if old, or too slow.

Gibbering Maw of Anti-Math said:
mario_kart_pie_chart.jpg

Koppai

Doesnt the opposite of what pachter says always happen?

Im willing to think Mario Kart and Smash will help Wii U.

Into

Well..yeah we, as in most of us here, expect that.

3D World is likely the worst selling 3D "main" Mario game, i doubt it has surpassed Sunshine or even that DS Mario 64 port.

Miles X

Dumb article is dumb, doesn't take into account bundling or the fact lower selling systems still have a high attach rate for huge games, just look at Xbox and Gamecube getting 7/8m+ selling games in Halo and SSBM.

For comparison, PS3 with its 80m+ userbase only managed 1 (exclusive) game above 8m (GT5)

Thanks Polygon. Considering Mario Kart sells a fuckton usually.

I'm so sick of the gaming press lately.

The spin on everything is unbelievable.

Best selling Xbox platform!!!!

Worst selling mario kart ever!!

That's a shame, it looks great. Really tempted to pick up a Wii U for it but I imagine the price of it will only go down between now and Christmas.

KNT-Zero

If Knack outsold 3DW, I wonder if Sega Transformed will outsell MK8

That last comparison makes no sense. MK8 is only on WiiU, while Sonic ASRT is on a myriad of platforms. Plus it has been on sale time and time again (just recently it was £3 on Steam).

The former comparison though.... makes me wanna puke.

RAIDEN1

You'd think that this game would be one of the system sellers (along with the next Zelda and smash bros. entry..) this game may spike the sales but for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom