• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: New Cruis'n Red Line info (Nintendo/Raw Thrills/Arcade)

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/25/12631232/cruis-n-returns-in-a-new-arcade-racing-game

VowkGyP.jpg

First footage from June by Arcade Heroes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKekBTxJ5Ms

Summary of Polygon's article via Go Nintendo:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/263975-cruis-n-red-line-tons-of-new-details

- developed by Raw Thrills, the company founded by original Cruis'n USA director Eugene Jarvis
- being field tested at the Regal City North Stadium 14 movie theater in Chicago
- running on a repurposed Disney/Pixar Cars cabinet
- two linked units each with a 42-inch display
- Nintendo logos are all over both cabinets
- five tracks available: Mojave, Madagascar, London, Rio de Janeiro and Singapore,
- each track has its own theme and some with big moments that occur while you race
- London has you racing through the city as a detached Ferris wheel rolls around, plus you drive atop elevated train cars that eventually derail and crash
- Singapore begins on a skyscraper rooftop amidst a thunderstorm and ultimately routes you through an underwater tunnel
- Rio course sends you smashing through parade floats and taking a soaring leap with the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue
- Madagascar has a Tyrannosaurus Rex wreaking havoc, a burning plane crashing and a beached pirate ship t
- Mojave track is a highway that winds through a desert
- previous versions let you choose a car through an optional physical card system that featured real cars
- this version no longer has any card scanning ability or mention of cards
- this version lets you pick from a handful of in-game cars (mostly Lamborghinis)
- choose one upgrade, such as body, engine or paint enhancement
- your car smashes through a glass wall at the finish line

Note the pics shown are surely all outdated as most of them reference the now missing card system. Fingers crossed for an eventual NX port, likely/hopefully by Sumo Digital as they've ported some of Sega's own arcade racers to consoles before like Out Run 2 on Xbox.

FoneBone

Have any of Raw Thrills' games gotten console ports, other than The Fast & the Furious (the one that got ported to Wii as Cruisin')? I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and Target Terror. Forgot that one.

I'm surprised Nintendo are involved with this. I wonder how the physics will be. My most vivid memories of Cruis'n USA are getting tapped and watching all the other cars instantly leave me in their dust.

My veins are ready for an NX port. Doesn't look retail-quality, but I could see it being pretty successful on the eShop.

I'm surprised Nintendo are involved with this. I wonder how the physics will be. My most vivid memories of Cruis'n USA are getting tapped and watching all the other cars instantly leave me in their dust.
I had always thought Nintendo owned the franchise after the Midway closure.

Top Bottom