• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon -Sony’s silence on PS5 has done wonders for the next-gen Xbox

molasar

Banned
Haven't seen 1 single person say that Sony's silence will potentially make them buy a PS5. Have seen loads though that didn't own an Xbox that have put the Series X on their buy list thanks to what MS have communicated so far.

Sony's silence has been absolutely gold for MS.

People seem to forget Sony last half their user base in the PS3 era because of stupid decisions. Carry on like this and the same is waiting for them come next gen.

PS5 campaign has not started yet. Let's see what happens after GoT is released and what people's reaction will be after first presentation of PS5 games.

Butz

Banned
I never bought Days Gone, or Spider-Man, or a lot of others. Shocking I know! They have a variety that’s a spice of life.

The analogy was and still is shit, because a game is a game, there was no drought.

You sound like a child. I’ll wait for your response to bring the focus back on the game you never played in which you don’t like, deflecting from your retarded analogy.

I have a disposable income, I never get buyer remorse, not to the point where I have to brag about $1 rental services as if it’s all I see those games worth. I buy what I want to play, and don’t buy what I don’t want to play. Novel concept, I know.
Between Spiderman and Days Gone were 8 months.
To me, 8 months of nothing is a drought, and Days Gone wasn't a good game either, meaning it could easily be ignored.
It was then followed by Death Stranding, which released 6 months later. It was also revealed a few days before release that it'll release on PC anyway.

So technically, in 17 months, you got one exclusive, a 7month timed exclusive and Dreams may come to PC as well according to Schreier.

If that is not a drought then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I think you're reading a bit too much into my post and simply playing the victim yourself. You feeling pegged, salty? This is called Sony GaF for a reason. That much is certain.

If you knew who really sounded paranoid right now, you'd probably STFU. So, yeah...

As far as I know I do not own GAF, respect who does and those that shephard it though, but I will check my mail later on to make sure of it, how am I the victim with you constantly complaining about this forum being a pro Sony conspiracy? Yes, you probably see a lot of happy PlayStation consumers, but mmmh... how do I break it to you... it tends to happens when a product is very popular (betcha you were not around here in 2014).

Still, I am game... what would be the reason this place is called SonyGAF for?
hqdefault.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I heard Fortnite and Call of Duty are the best games as they also make a lot of money.

I would not know, out of those three I only played Days Gone and found it an entertaining free roaming action game ;).
Interesting and ironic point you are making hear given your dig at Dreams earlier heh...

Last edited:

Malcolm9

Sonys
I think you're reading a bit too much into my post and simply playing the victim yourself. You feeling pegged, salty? This is called Sony GaF for a reason. That much is certain.

If you knew who really sounded paranoid right now, you'd probably STFU. So, yeah...

Sony Gaf....isn't it your bed time?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Because he said those are big games people care about.

Those are games that generated tons of press, were critic darlings (well, Dreams was), and between beta, digital sales, and first month sales was not a bad performance for a title made by a super (AAA wise) small team. Game is also expected to have quite long legs and IMHO it enriches the ecosystem just by being there.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To me, 8 months of nothing is a drought, and Days Gone wasn't a good game either, meaning it could easily be ignored.
It was then followed by Death Stranding, which released 6 months later. It was also revealed a few days before release that it'll release on PC anyway.

So technically, in 17 months, you got one exclusive, a 7month timed exclusive and Dreams may come to PC as well according to Schreier.

If that’s a drought, then what do you call MGS? Dust?

molasar

Banned

Death Stranding was funded by Sony.

Also an exclusive time window still counts.

A drought is if a system does not get any exclusives or gets only 3rd party games which are released on other systems that have exclusives or gets nothing at all.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
And two is not enough since you can finish some of them 2 days.
Games can be replayed. I have about 6 or 7 playthroughs in TLOU and it's still a great game, not to mention the many 3rd party additions

This year alone
TLOU 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Final Fantasy 7
Sakura Wars
Nioh 2
Dreams
Godfall
Yakuza 7
Persona 5 Royal
Granblue Fantasy Versus

This is even missing some titles

Butz

Banned
We don’t promote privacy here. I suggest you don’t mention it again.
Death Stranding was funded by Sony.

Also exclusive time window still counts.

A drought is if a system does not get any exclusives or gets only 3rd party games which are released on other systems that have exclusives or gets nothing at all.
Once I can pirate it in less than 3 months it no longer counts and then it offically becomes a 17 month drought with only Gays Gone inbetween
wfc0jhs.gif

ethomaz

Banned
So which of those games listed were next gen?

Halo (cross gen) and Forza 8 (which hasn’t even been officially announced.) Plus if all MS games are still coming to XB1 doesn’t that make them cross gen? Or still coming to XB1.
Exactly tell to the guy that made the list.
Remove next-gen games, games that will come to PS4, etc.
What is left?

If you like the lackluster support froMS fine but that is what make gamers trust PlayStation.
Sony always delivery.

They are building a top tier hype level to PS5 with Nioh 2, FFVIIR, TLOU2 and GoT.

You can not like that but it is better marking than anything MS did until now.

A lot of 360 users migrated to PS4 due that same issue with MS that repeats itself again even with Phil Only Talk lead.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Exactly tell to the guy that made the list.
Remove next-gen games, games that will come to PS4, etc.
What is left?
The ones coming to PS4 are still made by MS game studios and coming to XB1, exactly as he said. Not sure why you want to argue that.

Butz

Banned
Games can be replayed. I have about 6 or 7 playthroughs in TLOU and it's still a great game, not to mention the many 3rd party additions

This year alone
TLOU 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Final Fantasy 7
Sakura Wars
Nioh 2
Dreams
Godfall
Yakuza 7
Persona 5 Royal
Granblue Fantasy Versus

This is even missing some titles
I like to move on and not replay the same game multiple times unless it's really exceptional gameplay-wise and so far only 3 games have achieved that to me. They're called Max Payne 1, DOOM and FEAR.
I loved TLoU the first time I played it, wanted to replay it but as soon as I had to search for a ladder the 10th time while slowly moving from setpiece to setpiece it bored me to death, those games aren't made with replay value in mind.

molasar

Banned
Once I can pirate it in less than 3 months it no longer counts and then it offically becomes a 17 month drought with only Gays Gone inbetween
wfc0jhs.gif

PS4 users minds are on upcoming games (FF7R, TLoU2, GoT), not DS anymore. And soon on PS5 and its games. This is the way it works.

Also I wonder how pleasant cracked DS will be for you in offline mode?

Last edited:

Butz

Banned
PS4 users mind are on upcoming games (FF7R, TLoU2, GoT), not DS anymore. And soon on PS5 and its games. This is the way it works.

Also I wonder how pleasant cracked DS will be for you in offline mode?
Another timed exclusive!
But it didn't count when Microsoft did it!

ethomaz

Banned
The ones coming to PS4 are still made by MS game studios and coming to XB1, exactly as he said. Not sure why you want to argue that.
So why did he reply to a post talking about games on PS4 that are not on Xbox and vice versa?

You guys spin and move the goal post every single time.

Like I said if you like the lackluster support MS gives to their consoles fine,continue with them. While that more and more gamers moves to PlayStation.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Most likely not as it'd be a waste of time anyway. Just making sure you understand you're bragging about a walking sim that ends up being free on PC in just a matter of days :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, I wonder how enjoyable it will be in offline mode which cuts off a quite important element of the game.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I like to move on and not replay the same game multiple times unless it's really exceptional gameplay-wise and so far only 3 games have achieved that to me. They're called Max Payne 1, DOOM and FEAR.
I loved TLoU the first time I played it, wanted to replay it but as soon as I had to search for a ladder the 10th time while slowly moving from setpiece to setpiece it bored me to death, those games aren't made with replay value in mind.
It depends on the person. I might do another run of TLOU before May 29th. It's still better than most games today

Kagey K

Banned
So why did he reply to a post talking about games on Xbox that are not on PS4?

You guys spin and move the goal post every single time.
He specifically said MS games in 2020 at the top of his post. No spin. They are all games made by MS studio coming in 2020 even if prior publishing deals make them available on PS4.

This is like arguing MLB: The Show isn’t made by Sony anymore because it’s coming to other systems.

molasar

Banned
I wish it didn't happen.
They wasted all that money on has been actors and forgot to make a fun game.

Personally I enjoyed it and I like experimental approaches in games more than rehashed formulas only. Even if they don't satisfy me.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I wish it didn't happen.
They wasted all that money on has been actors and forgot to make a fun game.
Fuck sakes, that game was the epitome of mediocre. I couldn't get past three hours of it. Only reason it was praised was because of Kojima. Yet, Sony fans praised that shit to high heaven like they did with that ridiculous logo. Kinda pathetic, in truth. Sony could toss out shit flavored apples and it'd be the best thing ever.

They have some bangers. That can't be denied. Death Stranding ain't one of em.

ethomaz

Banned
He specifically said MS games in 2020 at the top of his post. No spin. They are all games made by MS studio coming in 2020 even if prior publishing deals make them available on PS4.

This is like arguing MLB: The Show isn’t made by Sony anymore because it’s coming to other systems.
So why did he quote me with a different subject? Just to show an unrelated list? What the point using games that are on PS4 too to counter my point?

Last edited:
Top Bottom