• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: The Marvel Games team knows you want a new Marvel vs. Capcom

Tripon

Last week, we spoke to Marvel Games vice president Jay Ong and asked him if Marvel vs. Capcom fans would finally get some relief from his team, either in the form of a new game or a balance patch. His response was vague, but optimistic.

"There's nothing we can say at this time," Ong told Polygon. "Let's just say that we hear that a lot. We love our fans and we certainly want to please them. Beyond that we can't say anything at this time. But who knows what the future holds?"

Ong said Marvel Games has "lots of things in the works, quite a few in the console space that are unannounced." What has been announced is a game set in the Marvel Universe from Telltale Games and a new Spider-Man from Insomniac Games for PlayStation 4.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/20/11984572/marvel-vs-capcom-marvel-games-sequel

Over/under on 100 posts for Neoxon?

Platy

Please make a new one, add Squirrel Girl and make her super OP because a thread full of "nerf Squirrel girl pls" would be the most hilarious thing ever

Ploid 3.0

There has to be a Marvel Xbox game, which studio would make it? Halo team? Take a break to make Iron Man? I wonder if it has to be a third party making a console studio exclusive. Microsoft and Sony probably don't want their first party studios tied up to a licensed game.

GhostBed

Please, Marvel, Capcom, let it be. I think a game featuring a ton of marvel characters from the movies would sell really well. Or, at least, a bit better than the previous entries

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm flabbergasted that there's a "Marvel Games" that's interested in projects beyond mobile games. Did we know about them prior to E3?

Seyavesh

G3HVyXb.png

DrArchon

The biggest problem with MVC4 is that Capcom would be making it. I can't stand to see another fighting game launch like SFV, I just can't.

MADGAME

I've always wanted a 2v2 Marvel vs Capcom mode, similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I don't care if it would be unbalanced, so there.

Honestly, at this point Marvel isn't the problem. The rereleases of deadpool and ultimate alliance games prove it.

Capcom management is.

So unless a third party steps in with marketing and possible financial support, it isn't going to happen.

Sesha

Step 1) Patch the existing versions of UMvC3.
Step 2) Remaster UMvC3 for current gen consoles and also port it to PC.
Step 3) ?
Step 4) It's Mahvel (4), baybe!

trutrutru

I've always wanted a 2v2 Marvel vs Capcom mode, similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I don't care if it would be unbalanced, so there.

A mode for that. And even a party mode, where its 2v2 no tagging. Everyone in at once (scamble mode for sfXtekken)

Akuma will show up in a post credits sequence for Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

The scene will be relateable and totally gif-friendly

Cels

MADGAME

Just give me Tatsunoko v Capcom in full 1080p/60fps.

It's my all time favourite fighter.
I like you. For now, at least there is Dolphin. Looks and runs like a dream in 1080/60.

A mode for that. And even a party mode, where its 2v2 no tagging. Everyone in at once (scamble mode for sfXtekken)
What?? I have both PS3 versions and don't recall a 2v2 mode. Was it patched in? TELL ME NOW

Top Bottom