• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder what art style we'll see this time around. I am hoping whatever Tekken is doing, they use that engine becuase it looks like fire.
I suggested in the other thread that it'd be awesome if they could bring Bengus' style to 3D.

2648421ecf6fb02f44d744ce08abb554.jpg

I expect something that looks a lot more 3D, though.

Menitta

For Capcom, here's a list I'd like

Ryu
Chun Li
Akuma
Rashid
Apollo Justice
Jill
Leon
Wesker
Megaman X
Zero
Dante
Strider Hiryu

Just spitballing ideas. I genuinely think Apollo will be in based on how much play he's gotten in Ace Attorney lately.

Also, I'm not too familiar with all of Capcom's other brands so forgive me for missing some.

thuway

Well Sony and Marvel have a exclusive already. Sony and Capcom have a exclusive already. I can see all 3 companies working together for this.

Also with the speculation of a UMvC3 port, it fits like how Capcom made USF4 for PS4 only.

Could be. All those profits must be going somewhere. Even if Street Fighter V didn't light the world on fire, it was a strategic move that had a domino effect on the entire fighting genre and audience.

Oh, Marvel wants to make Carol a big deal so I wouldn't be surprised if she gets in.

Ms. Marvel= Kamala Khan.

Captain Marvel= Carol

confusing, I know. Carol has 100% chance of being in, with that movie coming. Kamala is probably 90%, depending on who else marvel wants to promote.

Oh shit, basically confirmed? :D

No more X-Men is pretty disappointing if true though....I mean a MvC game without Mags, Wolvie, Storm or Sentinel etc is pretty crazy. Still though, I love seeing what new characters will fill them in and hope they'll have plenty of them to show. Also I'd rather have them wait and do a 2018 release so they can take their damn time and not rush the shit outta it like they did with SFV's launch.

Sesha

I wonder what art style we'll see this time around. I am hoping whatever Tekken is doing, they use that engine becuase it looks like fire.

They probably will use UE4 since they have the license and Panta Rhei looks to be going nowhere.

Baleoce

The X-Men and other non MCU characters like Dr Doom are a huge part of this franchises backbone as far as the cult status of Marvel goes in its fanbase. Heck, I already missed being able to play Gambit and Cyclops in MvC3.

One thing that bugs me slightly about the article is that, unlike the opening sentence, it doesn't make it expressly clear whether or not the possible exclusion of the X-Men etc is their opinion or personal expectation, rather than what their sources have told them.

JeTmAn81

Getting closer to feeling real hype now. I'll be really bummed if no X-Men characters (Mags is one of my favorite 3 UMVC3 characters), but...I'll take it. I'll take it.

Low Key

Thanos

Winter Soldier(i think he'll be DLC)

Ultron

The rest suck, they might put in Ronan down the line.
What do you mean the rest suck? The roster most likely isn't going to be limited to only characters that have already appeared in the MCU, but rather the characters that Marvel owns the film rights to (+ Spider-Man, who they don't own the film rights to, but whose film is being made by them).

Negaduck

I suggested in the other thread that it'd be awesome if they could bring Bengus' style to 3D.

2648421ecf6fb02f44d744ce08abb554.jpg

I expect something that looks a lot more 3D, though.

Wasn't his art used in the Sf5 story mode?

That art style is legendary but I don't know if we would get that bengus style again

Neoxon

The X-Men and other non MCU characters like Dr Doom are a huge part of this franchises backbone as far as the cult status of Marvel goes in its fanbase. Heck, I already missed being able to play Gambit and Cyclops in MvC3.

One thing that bugs me slightly about the article is that, unlike the opening sentence, it doesn't make it expressly clear whether or not the possible exclusion of the X-Men etc is their opinion, rather than what their sources have told them.
Marvel has been improving their relationship with Fox recently, so it's possible that Capcom could negotiate a contract alteration for DLC. Otherwise, they're fucked.

Mizerman

Ms. Marvel= Kamala Khan.

Captain Marvel= Carol

confusing, I know. Carol has 100% chance of being in, with that movie coming. Kamala is probably 90%, depending on who else marvel wants to promote.

Oh definitely. Kamala's a fan favorite and it's clear that Marvel is gonna use more down the line. Ditto with Carol.

Valentus

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Spiderman
Black Phanter
Dr Strange
Ant Man
Starlord
Groot w/ Rocket
Gamora
Vision
Thanos
Loki
Winter Soldier
Ultron
Dormammu

That would be my initial 18 in MCU side with no x-men and F4... No wolverine or Magneto or Doom would be really insane... Capcom only would have accepted this if disney is funding the game.

Sesha

『Inaba Resident』;225610937 said:
Yep, that tweet and his others lead me to believe there might still be some mutants in

can we chill and collectively try to figure out this bounce shit tho

also how are we supposed to reconcile this information about X-Men with this lupinko tweet

Marvel-GAF is out of control right now, jeez this shit got like 1000 posts in like an hour

Looks more like a Lunn Kurosawa tease. Or maybe he's hinting that the Fox Marvel characters are out just like how Linn Kurosawa will never be added to a crossover game because Fox holds the Alien license and through that possibly the rights to Linn (like how Disney owns all Kingdom Hearts characters).

What do you mean the rest suck? The roster most likely isn't going to be limited to only characters that have already appeared in the MCU, but rather the characters that Marvel owns the film rights to (+ Spider-Man, who they don't own the film rights to, but whose film is being made by them).

I'm talking in the context of the MCU.

outside of MCU villains it's gonna come down to whoever Capcom begs for since Doom and Mags are gone.

One thing that bugs me slightly about the article is that, unlike the opening sentence, it doesn't make it expressly clear whether or not the possible exclusion of the X-Men etc is their opinion or personal expectation, rather than what their sources have told them.

According to the author's twitter account he was told to "expect zero mutants" but was unsure if this extended to other Fox properties or Deadpool. Deadpool is a mutant, so I would think he would be excluded under that banner too but who knows.

Menitta

Looks more like a Lunn Kurosawa tease. Or maybe he's hinting that the Fox Marvel characters are out just like how Linn Kurosawa will never be added to a crossover game.

Damnit, I want Linn in a fighting game so much! She's so cool!

Neoxon

According to the author's twitter account he was told to "expect zero mutants" but was unsure if this extended to other Fox properties or Deadpool. Deadpool is a mutant, so I would think he would be excluded under that banner too but who knows.
The Fox ban includes Deadpool & F4 characters. If this game is coming out in 2017, then the contract was likely signed when this ban was in full effect.

Deadpool & Doctor Doom aren't coming.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Spiderman
Black Phanter
Dr Strange
Ant Man
Starlord
Groot w/ Rocket
Gamora
Vision
Thanos
Loki
Winter Soldier
Ultron
Dormammu

That would be my initial 18 in MCU side with no x-men and F4... No wolverine or Magneto or Doom would be really insane... Capcom only would have accepted this if disney is funding the game.

You dont do Groot with Rocket on the side. If anything you do it the other way around.

thuway

Fuck it, can't I just have Capcom vs. Disney - and Sony if you wanna be truly lit, hand over the keys to Ratchet, Kratos, Ellie, and Sully.

To those wondering if its exclusive or not - when I FIRST heard about this (about 1.5 years ago or so), while it wasn't specified as Marvel 4, I was told Sony had signed a deal with Capcom for a new Vs. game, and this was after SFV had been announced. So yeah, take with a grain of salt, but I fully expect it to be exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom