• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo) hires Mike Caviezel (Forza audio lead)

Goldrusher

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-caviezel/1/29/871

Senior Audio Lead
Polyphony Digital (Sony Computer Entertainment America)
April 2015 – Present (2 months)Venice Beach, CA
Currently a Senior Audio Lead at Polyphony Digital, creating audio for the Gran Turismo racing franchise.

Some of his past endeavors...

Audio Production Director
Microsoft
2011 – May 2014 (3 years)Microsoft Studios
Audio Production Director at SoundLab, the central audio production resource for Microsoft Studios. SoundLab is a multi-room audio facility dedicated to providing Sound Design & Music for any 1st party game published by Microsoft Studios. Recent games worked on include: Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son Of Rome, Halo 4, Fable:Journey, Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport 4, Kinect Star Wars, Nike+ Kinect Training.

Responsibilities include:
- Sound Supervision and quality control for all audio content produced by Soundlab
- Sound Supervision for individual titles
- Soundlab staffing, facility design and maintenance
- Sound Design
- Dialog supervision (Scripting, Directing & Implementation)
- Post-Production
- Game Mixing
- Music Mixing
- Music Composition
Audio Lead, Turn10 Studios
Microsoft Game Studios

October 2005 – 2011 (6 years)Redmond, WA
Audio Lead at Turn 10 Studios, a division of Microsoft Game Studios. Provided audio for the Forza Motorsport franchise games, including Forza Motorsport 1,2,3 and 4.
Audio Lead
Sierra Entertainment

2000 – 2004 (4 years)Bellevue, WA
Responsible for all audio creation and implementation for many Sierra games from 2000-2004.

eFKac

Cool I guess.

I may be the only person in the world who is not bothered by car sounds in GT

Do any of his roles listed there relate to the actual recording of samples and not just the mixing/engineering of it? Because GT's problem lies in the actual recordings, not just the audio engine.

VinFTW

I could have sworn the reason why they sounded so tinny in game was due to the constraint of file sizes or something of that nature I had read.

Who cares why they sounded the way they did, it was awful lol

Forza has amazing audio, glad PD is finally taking the complaints to heart. I'd love to get back into GT again.

idrvMQX5BefDb.gif

EGOMON

I could have sworn the reason why they sounded so tinny in game was due to the constraint of file sizes or something of that nature I had read.
Yeah I remember Kaz making a blog and explained why car sound wasn't translated correctly into the game code or something

nib95

Banned
Awesome pick up, though they should have looked to Evo as well, who as far as I'm concerned have achieved the best vehicle audio reproduction in a racer yet.

FranXico

Not 100% related, but I'm wondering if there were any developers transferred from Evolution Studios to Polyphony Digital.

Philippo

Maybe the rumor from the other day (GT7 pushed back to 2017 to plish things especially audio) was legit after all?

Top Bottom