• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital website revamped; Sales data updated to September 2015

Searched, but didn't find thread about it.

So, it appears that Polyphony Digital refreshed their website completely - it's much more sleek now and works better on mobile. Contents were also updated - you can take a closer look at the company's message and heritage.

3frQmpq.jpg

QnFLgEK.jpg

F59UzFa.jpg

But the most interesting part is, of course, up-to-date sales data, which confirms GT6's 4,5+ million sales status. 4,71 million copies worldwide, to be precise. The entire franchise shipped 76,49 million copies to date.

Alive and kicking.

Waiting for Gran Turismo Sport.

Eolz

Always nice to get some updated sales data!
Shame 6 still sold less than 5 Prologue though.

Was the website already mobile compatible like that last time?

Aren't those the first official numbers we've ever gotten for GT6? It didn't do too hot, at least comparatively, but it didn't do as badly as I had originally thought.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Very nice. How in the world did they ship that many psp?

I wish they did a gt6 remaster earlier this year. Would have bought that fo a dolla x 50.

Pophead

4.7 million for a PS3 title that released alongside the launch of the PS4 isn't bad. Obviously not as great as GT5 but still decent numbers nonetheless.

Also their new website is so much better, much more sophisticated then the old one.

Freeman

Banned
I still find it pretty weird there wasn't a port of GT6 for PS4, it wold have sold really well 2 years ago.

Thought GT6 did in line with the other titles in the series for a hot minute then I realised I was looking at a PSP game and a Prologue. Dang.

Mikey Jr.

I feel like calling it "GT Sport" is going to lose some sales versus them just calling it GT 7.

Maybe I'm wrong.

hesido

I still find it pretty weird there wasn't a port of GT6 for PS4, it wold have sold really well 2 years ago.

They probably want to get that Gran Turismo drought on the PS4 to release a 10 million selling game. I personally think they'll stay at 7-8 million this time.

JP

I like how they waited until GT6 surpassed GT PSP.
Is it not to do with the anniversary of the release? It was released about this time two years ago.

EDIT:
Ah, it was released on 6th December worldwide, apart from the Asian territories.

kenta

Has no PEINS
GT6 and GT5 sales should be swapped :/

(I thought GT6 was more well-done than GT5 though I don't know what the common consensus is. (Also I didn't play much of either 5 or 6))

Shackled by terrible release decisions by sony, the the flop in the series is still well over what most games can hope to achieve.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They didn't really need it at launch but like Christmas 14? Would have been smart.

I bet their engine is just a Hank jank stank on PS3 and it wasn't worth porting it.

EGM1966

I enjoyed how much late life support PS3 got but GT6 felt like one last big title too far. TLOU was perfect high to wrap big first party exclusives on and GT6 should clearly have come to PS4 instead of launching on PS3 after PS4 launched.

Avtomat

GT6 get so much hate but from what I can tell from playing the demo it was absolutely great and the youtube vids I have seen show it off as a technical marvel on PS3.

It looks a really great game one of the few I wish I had kept the PS3 around to play with.

Tankard

I can't believe GT 6 sold this much, i know in comparison it lost half the potential sales but the game was sent to die a horrible death. GT fans are really incredibly loyal, damn.

Curufinwe

They didn't really need it at launch but like Christmas 14? Would have been smart.

I bet their engine is just a Hank jank stank on PS3 and it wasn't worth porting it.

That seems likely. They were better off working on GT sport since the PS4 did not need a GT game to sell huge numbers.

Top Bottom