• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yup. I'll be there. I still need to figure out what I'm doing Thursday. I want to see if I can get a Sara Pichelli commission, but then those Edmiston remarques tho.

Pichelli is amazing, and I'd love to grab some commissions too--just need to see who's available. Hopefully we can meet and talk pins :).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Pichelli is amazing, and I'd love to grab some commissions too--just need to see who's available. Hopefully we can meet and talk pins :).

Yeah! Hit me up. I'll be around all four days.

Anyhoo, saw this on instagram. Cameron Stewart's Mondo thing...

vK5ZOsj.png

fallengorn

Okay. WTF. NOT COOL.

On sale tomorrow, 10/5, on Mondo, at a random time while I'm at NYCC:
Die Hard by Olly Moss
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 425
Printed by D&L Screenprinting
$50

Mouse Guard (Fall 1152) by David Petersen
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 250
$45

Mouse Guard (Fall 1152) Variant by David Petersen
24"x36" Screen Print, Edition of 175
Available at BOOM! Studios (Booth #1828) at NYCC
$65

Browny

Banned
Ah yes, the time of year where my credit card could take a hammering.

If any of them make it to general release, I'll be looking at the Blade Runner 2049, Moss' Die Hard (lol), Whalen's Civil War and Raid too.

Edit: hi Flamm:)

fallengorn

Obviously, if anyone can help me with the Moss, It'd be greatly appreciated. I can probably PB stuff from NYCC, as long as it's not a Edmiston remarque.

Anyhoo... more Bottleneck/NYCC stuff:

Jaws by Robert Tanenbaum
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 325
$50

Jaws Variant by Robert Tanenbaum
Screen print
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 125
$65

Fjordson

More Bottleneck/NYCC stuff:

Apparently, it's being given out for free on Sunday. Why are you going to make me bring my tube on Sunday, deadbolt?

Regular
19 color screen print
36 x 24 inches
Numbered edition of 300
$75

Variant (Gold)
15 color screen print
36 x 24 inches
Numbered edition of 125
$85
Holy shit. I'm guessing these will never make it beyond NYCC?

Goddamn, I want those so badly =[

edit: This is a super long shot (and hopefully this is allowed) but if anyone here going to NYCC manages to grab an extra of either the 2049 or a LotR print I'll pay double (and also cover any shipping cost obviously)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Holy shit. I'm guessing these will never make it beyond NYCC?

Goddamn, I want those so badly =[

edit: This is a super long shot (and hopefully this is allowed) but if anyone here going to NYCC manages to grab an extra of either the 2049 or a LotR print I'll pay double (and also cover any shipping cost obviously)
Hey, I can pb for ya, just pm me :).

Risible

Anyone see the image floating around for a supposed James Rheem Davis Big Trouble In Little China poster? HUGE ISO for me if anyone has a connection and can PB it.

Fjordson

I don't get why more releases aren't just the timed ones. "Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold". Makes the most sense.

Fjordson

Sorry for the double post, but looks like they are doing an online release of that Ise Ananphada LotR print, so that's great news. Will definitely try to grab that. Now I just need that 2049 print.

edit: hmm, the 2049 print is being given out for free, but it's just a lithograph. Not a full blown print. Bummer =[

Bii

I found The Art of Mondo today at Barnes & Noble. After discount and a gift card I had, I paid $30 for it. Really gorgeous book.

Is there commentary or small side notes that accompany each art? I currently have it preordered on Amazon for $43 or so after tax.

Is there commentary or small side notes that accompany each art? I currently have it preordered on Amazon for $43 or so after tax.

Nope. It's divided into sections, the commentary is at the beginning of each section (Early Years, 2009, 2010, 2011, etc.) and each is written by a different Mondo employee. The posters themselves are mostly full-page or splash pages, with some being gatefold spreads.

Risible

I'm trying to find any info on this poster from Comic Con. Anyone know anything about it? I suspect it's James Rheem Davis from the style but I don't know that for sure, it's just an educated guess. I really want to grab it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LaneDS

This only took a couple years and more than a couple dollars, but I'm very pleased to finally have it in the collection.

I'd have to go back a few pages to remember which one of y'all suggested posting an ISO thread on EB, but that eventually paned out, so thanks for recommending that!

Edit: It was Rinn and b3b0p... thanks my dudes! Rinn I saw you responded in the ISO thread but didn't want to forever bump that, so double cheers.

Bii

This only took a couple years and more than a couple dollars, but I'm very pleased to finally have it in the collection.

I'd have to go back a few pages to remember which one of y'all suggested posting an ISO thread on EB, but that eventually paned out, so thanks for recommending that!

Edit: It was Rinn and b3b0p... thanks my dudes! Rinn I saw you responded in the ISO thread but didn't want to forever bump that, so double cheers.

Yay, glad you finally got it.

I made my first order for a print from Sideshow and I'm not impressed. *sigh*
They shipped it in a tube but the ends are sealed with heavy duty staples. Okay, a little bit of a hassle to open it but no biggie. And then once I open up the print, at one of the corners, I can see the line mark on where it should be cut but it wasn't cut there. After it flattens, I'm going to have to measure the print to make sure it's the correct size.

omgkitty

Yeah, Kilian would 100% post about it if it was his. There's actually a signature in the bottom left, but I can't make out what it says. It does start with a K though.

Dreweyes

Yeah I checked his blog and didn't see anything. But it's gotta be him

*maybe not though. I can't make out his name on the signature. Regardless it's a cool print

Just checked my Kilian Eng signatures, definitely not a match.
The art is amazing, and I've tried reverse google image searches to no avail.
If anyone finds out anything about this amazing artist or this release, please post!
Thanks!

Fjordson

So those three great 2049 posters that Bottleneck was giving out at NYCC? They have a certain number that they're going to be including in random online shipments this week of other prints on Bottleneck....

Sort of frustrating to be honest. There's a million releases from seemingly every gallery on the planet for every stupid superhero movie that gets made, but amazing artwork like this is relegated to being a potential free throw-in for some Superman or Harley Quinn print? Weak.

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs...-on-sale-today-plus-blade-runner-2049-inserts

So those three great 2049 posters that Bottleneck was giving out at NYCC? They have a certain number that they're going to be including in random online shipments this week of other prints on Bottleneck....

Sort of frustrating to be honest. There's a million releases from seemingly every gallery on the planet for every stupid superhero movie that gets made, but amazing artwork like this is relegated to being a potential free throw-in for some Superman or Harley Quinn print? Weak.

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs...-on-sale-today-plus-blade-runner-2049-inserts
Agreed. Bit fustrating that this is how these are being distributed. I'd rather have the opportunity to pick up a higher quality print of each but perhaps this way they'll be cheap to pick up on EBay??

fallengorn

Superman and Harley Quinn can pay the bills. Cyberpunk usually doesn't.

That's just how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, October 10th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: NYCC leftovers begin:

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors by Matthew Peak. 24" x 36", 19 color screen print with varnish. Numbered edition of 375, $65

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors (Variant) by Matthew Peak. 24" x 36", 17 color screen print with varnish layer. Numbered edition of 100, $75

Jawss by Robert Tanenbaum. 24" x 36" screen print with varnish layer. Numbered edition of 325, $50

Jaws by Robert Tanenbaum. 24" x 36" screen print with varnish. Numbered edition of 125, $65

Top Bottom