• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Fuck, I hate convention time:

Tomorrow, Tuesday, October 10th at 1pm ET on Grey Matter Art: NYCC Leftovers Part 1.

SINISTER_SIXTEEN__Paolo_Rivera_final__jpg_grande.jpg
"Sinister 16" by Paolo Rivera. 24" x 18" giclee print. Numbered edition of 400, $45.00

Captain America: Civil War by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $45.00

Captain America: Civil War by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $60.00

"Black Panther" by Dave Perillo. 12" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $40.00

"Greed" by Timothy Pittides. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 75, $40.00

Ant-Man by Chris Thornley (Raid71). 18" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $45.00

Risible

I'm trying to find any info on this poster from Comic Con. Anyone know anything about it? I suspect it's James Rheem Davis from the style but I don't know that for sure, it's just an educated guess. I really want to grab it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still having zero luck, anyone got any leads?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm trying to find any info on this poster from Comic Con. Anyone know anything about it? I suspect it's James Rheem Davis from the style but I don't know that for sure, it's just an educated guess. I really want to grab it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't see that, but it may have been an HCG release. They're awful with putting out info on what they'll have at any given event/con, but they should be releasing leftovers online this week.

Bii

It's definitely James Rheem Davis. That print was available at Hero Complex Gallery's booth at NYCC at a supposedly low number.

Risible

It's definitely James Rheem Davis. That print was available at Hero Complex Gallery's booth at NYCC at a supposedly low number.

Thanks Bii. Good and bad news :(

ISO, if anyone has one please let me know and what you are asking.

Bii

Thanks Bii. Good and bad news :(

ISO, if anyone has one please let me know and what you are asking.

Long shot but you can try messagining HCG's Facebook and ask if they'll make it available. And maybe throw it in there that if it's not available, is there another way to purchase it?

They had allowed me to purchase two prints on separate occasions when they messaged me directly on Facebook asking if I still wanted certain prints when I made comments on their posts. They sent me an invoice and shipped it out after I paid.

Risible

Long shot but you can try messagining HCG's Facebook and ask if they'll make it available. And maybe throw it in there that if it's not available, is there another way to purchase it?

They had allowed me to purchase two prints on separate occasions when they messaged me directly on Facebook asking if I still wanted certain prints when I made comments on their posts. They sent me an invoice and shipped it out after I paid.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Fjordson

Superman and Harley Quinn can pay the bills. Cyberpunk usually doesn't.

That's just how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's definitely the reality, it's just a bummer. So tired of all the superhero stuff.

Agreed. Bit fustrating that this is how these are being distributed. I'd rather have the opportunity to pick up a higher quality print of each but perhaps this way they'll be cheap to pick up on EBay??
Agreed. I mean I'm sure there would be plenty of interest for each of them. Could just do a timed release.

I don't know enough about how these galleries do business so maybe it's just not possible, but like I mentioned before I don't get why there aren't more timed releases. Sell a bunch and then make that many with no extra inventory seems to make a lot of sense...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That's definitely the reality, it's just a bummer. So tired of all the superhero stuff.

Agreed. I mean I'm sure there would be plenty of interest for each of them. Could just do a timed release.

I don't know enough about how these galleries do business so maybe it's just not possible, but like I mentioned before I don't get why there aren't more timed releases. Sell a bunch and then make that many with no extra inventory seems to make a lot of sense...

There's a lot more to it, there's studio licensing, since Bottleneck's releases are officially licensed, there's time, since it's con season and printers are all backed up, and there's also the fact that the hobby wouldn't exist if everything was timed--it thrives on things being limited edition.

There are plenty of timed editions, just doesn't really make sense to make everything timed, unfortunately. Also, the Raid piece is rad as hell.

Fjordson

There's a lot more to it, there's studio licensing, since Bottleneck's releases are officially licensed, there's time, since it's con season and printers are all backed up, and there's also the fact that the hobby wouldn't exist if everything was timed--it thrives on things being limited edition.

There are plenty of timed editions, just doesn't really make sense to make everything timed, unfortunately. Also, the Raid piece is rad as hell.
Yeah, I guess that's a bit of wishful thinking.

It reminds me of collecting sneakers, rarity is just a part of the game. I mean some of the hoops I've jumped through for a pair of shoes...lmao.

IronRinn

For you European types, Vice Press will have some copies of this on their site today (Tuesday, October 10th) at the same time as the Bottleneck drop (12pm ET/5pm BST)

Jawss by Robert Tanenbaum. 24" x 36" screen print with varnish layer. Numbered edition of 325, £40

Jaws by Robert Tanenbaum. 24" x 36" screen print with varnish. Numbered edition of 125, £50

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, October 10th at 2pm CT on The Vacvvm:

“Embers Vol. 1” print set by Mike Sutfin. Four 6″ x 9″ screenprints and four 6″ x 9″ giclees in a screenprinted, die-cut box, Numbered edition of 75, $120

“Churee” by Teagan White. 10″ x 10″ giclee. Numbered edition of 80, $30

“Weta” by Teagan White. 10″ x 10″ giclee. Numbered edition of 80, $30

“Kew” by Teagan White. 10″ x 10″ giclee. Numbered edition of 80, $30

They will also be putting up all leftover OGs from their recent show V1.

Glassboy

Today, Tuesday, October 10th on Mondo: Baby Driver by Phantom City Creative.

24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $50

24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $75
I was able to snag a regular randomly checking the site and using PayPal no less.

IronRinn

Today, Wednesday, October 11th at a random time on his website (remember, he does IP block if you refresh too much):

2001: A Space Odyssey by Kevin Tong. 24" x 36", 12 color screen print with metallic inks. Signed and numbered AP edition, $90

2001: A Space Odyssey by Kevin Tong. 24" x 36", 11 color screen print with metallic inks on foil paper. Signed and numbered AP edition, $150

"PIXIES, UB Center For The Arts, Buffalo, NY 2017" by Kevin Tong. 18" x 24", 16 color screen print with metallic inks. Signed and numbered AP edition, $50

LaneDS

Wow they're already into the third edition on the original posters... should have sold mine way back when. Also, I don't generally care for Tong but that Pixies is exciting AF

I laughed at that. Third Edition 1/100. What's the point guys?

And yeah, will probably buy that Danger. I'll one day have a room of scary Danger prints versus less scary Danger prints.

As if I didn't have enough of this dude's artwork already:

Yeah i'll be picking this up when I go this year

Also,

The movie screenings this year are EX MACHINA and Labyrinth

EX MACHINA will have a new poster by Rory Kurtz

Labyrinth will have a new poster by Ise Ananphada

These are what I can find from various sources of the unreleased Labyrinth Poster they've been working on for a while

edit:

IronRinn

Yeah i'll be picking this up when I go this year

Also,

The movie screenings this year are EX MACHINA and Labyrinth

EX MACHINA will have a new poster by Rory Kurtz

Labyrinth will have a new poster by Ise Ananphada
Kurtz will no doubt be well drawn but boring. (Great artist, dull layouts).

Ananphada is really hit or miss for me and the Rickey Beckett print for Labyrinth might be as good as it gets for me. Got it in yesterday and it is amazing in person.

Edit: This one might be a hit for me based on those previews.

LaneDS

This. No idea how people keep losing it over stuff like Drive which to me is just Ryan Gosling standing in the street.

Hah, literally just said effectively the same thing to my co-worker when discussing Kurtz after the above post. It looks nice, but man, super boring. I think I had that specific drive by criticism in this thread when that one was posted too.

Edit: Tom Whalen / National Park fans, check this out https://59parks.net/products/iconic...d-edition?mc_cid=eef8414609&mc_eid=32dc0b6f65

Glassboy

Hah, literally just said effectively the same thing to my co-worker when discussing Kurtz after the above post. It looks nice, but man, super boring. I think I had that specific drive by criticism in this thread when that one was posted too.
His clockwork orange is a pretty wicked design. I think he's got an incredible amount of talent considering he's fairly new to the movie poster scene

Filthy Slug

Kurtz will no doubt be well drawn but boring. (Great artist, dull layouts).

This. No idea how people keep losing it over stuff like Drive which to me is just Ryan Gosling standing in the street.

Damn, I thought I was the only one. Dude is the epitome of boring and people are riding that boring wave hard. Also, he's incredibly new and has already had a flat file sale charging above secondary market prices.

LaneDS

His clockwork orange is a pretty wicked design. I think he's got an incredible amount of talent considering he's fairly new to the movie poster scene

Immediately remembered the look of the print when you mentioned that, and yeah, that one is great.

After searching his name, I like his "The Graduate" one a lot too.

Glassboy

Immediately remembered the look of the print when you mentioned that, and yeah, that one is great.

After searching his name, I like his "The Graduate" one a lot too.

yeah those are my two favorite of his. His drive and captain america are a little boring if not beautifully drawn. his casablanca is pretty good too

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Picked up a Tong Pixies, even though I've got a rule about not picking up gig posters at shows I haven't been to.

Ex Machina print should be a lenticular of Oscar Isaac dancing.

Filthy Slug

Buyyyy ittt. It's the best gig poster I've seen this year.

IronRinn

Grey Matter Art NYCC Part 2 tomorrow, Thursday, October 12th at 1pm ET.

No_Country_for_Old_Men_Standard_Ed._grande.jpg

No Country for Old Men by Chris Weston. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 225, $45.00

No_Country_for_Old_Men_Variant_Ed._grande.jpg

No Country for Old Men by Chris Weston. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 190, $60.00

Spider-Man_Matt_Ferguson_grande.jpg

The Amazing Spider-Man by Matt Ferguson. 18" x 24" GID screen print. Numbered edition of 300, $45.00

Spider-Gwen_Standard_Ed.Timothy_Doyle_grande.jpg

Spider-Gwen by Timothy Doyle. 20" x 30" screen print. Numbered edition of 200, $40.00

Spider-Gwen_Foil_Ed.Timothy_Doyle_grande.jpg

Spider-Gwen by Timothy Doyle. 20" x 30" screen print on foil paper. Numbered edition of 50, $55.00

Star-Lord_Florey_Final_grande.jpg

"Star-Lord" by Florey. 16" x 20" Screen Print. Numbered edition of 175, $40.00

Venom_Florey_Final_grande.jpg

"Venom" by Florey. 16" x 20" Screen Print. Numbered edition of 100, $40.00 (With "Carnage" as a matching set for $75.00)

Carnage_Florey-Final_grande.jpg

"Carnage" by Florey. 16" x 20" Screen Print. Numbered edition of 100, $40.00 (With "Carnage" as a matching set for $75.00)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So, I got tickets for MondoCon and this will be my first year in attendance now that I live in Austin. Any tips?

Also, how quickly will the spots sell out for panels and (more importantly) the screenings? Do they just release at a random time on Tuesday? Do I need to have my browser extensions set up and Twitter constantly refreshing like I would for a print or are things a bit more lax?

IronRinn

Today, Thursday, October 12th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: NYCC leftovers continue.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by Ise Ananphada. 36" x 24", 19 color screen print. Numbered edition of 300, $75

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by Ise Ananphada. 36" x 24", 14 color screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $85

"Hunter" (Orange) by Godmachine. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $40

"Hunter" (Blue) by Godmachine. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $40

Watchmen by Patrik Svensson. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $40

Looks like someone is doing an unauthorized reproduction of that Blade Runner 2049 poster I posted earlier. Anyone have any experience with repro's? Obviously not the ideal route, but it doesn't seem like there's any other way to get a hold of this thing....I'm assuming the guy has a master copy that he's scanned and it reprinting...

Browny

Banned
Anyone have any experience with repro's?

I suppose you could call it a...

risky business

* puts on sunglasses *

It's shitty IMO. They'll be on ebay or EB at some point in the not-too-distant future. Don't feed the dicks.

On topic - really want to drop some monies on the new releases (Whalen's Civil War for one), but funds and buying priorities are such that I'll probably wait until the new year - if they're still available, then all's good. If they're not, then it's fate.

I'm sure that I haven't bought anything this year, apart from frames - so at least I'm progressing with what I've got and not adding to a backlog. Same goes with computer games
except I'm not progressing either lol.
. I've spent most of my disposable income on clothes - re-done my entire wardrobe as I approach the ripe old age of

Top Bottom