• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Hero Complex NYCC part 2 up.

KW_Gremlins_Reg_1024x1024.png

Edit: I'm not the only one who thinks this dude ripped off Ken Taylor, right?

Fjordson

How dependable is Bottleneck on orders?

I managed to get the gold variant of that LotR print, but it's already listed as sold out after 3 minutes. Are they ever prone to overselling rare prints and then having to cancel some orders?

Just wondering if I should order the regular edition as backup lol....

Hero Complex NYCC part 2 up.

edit: whoa, that Bebop print on HCG! Faye looks a little weird tho.

Edit: I'm not the only one who thinks this dude ripped off Ken Taylor, right?
I just gonna say, that Mad Max print looks super familiar.

IronRinn

IronRinn, not sure when this went up, but hopefully you got one?

https://hcgart.com/collections/nycc-2017/products/big-trouble-by-james-rheem-davis
OH GOD DAMMIT.

How dependable is Bottleneck on orders?

I managed to get the gold variant of that LotR print, but it's already listed as sold out after 3 minutes. Are they ever prone to overselling rare prints and then having to cancel some orders?

Just wondering if I should order the regular edition as backup lol....

I just gonna say, that Mad Max print looks super familiar.
Bottleneck is usually really good. I can't recall any oversell problems with them.

Fjordson

If you got a confirmation you should be good. 3 minutes for how few they probably had left isn't that short a time, really
My order was confirmed on the website and it shows in my order history, also got an email since I have a registered account that I got 425 Bottlebux (lol).

But...no separate email confirmation. Hmmm.

Bii

My order was confirmed on the website and it shows in my order history, also got an email since I have a registered account that I got 425 Bottlebux (lol).

But...no separate email confirmation. Hmmm.

You should be good. I placed an order through Bottleneck for their timed Game of Thrones print and didn't get a separate e-mail confirmation for my order. I did get the e-mail for the Bottlebux though, lol.

Fjordson

You should be good. I placed an order through Bottleneck for their timed Game of Thrones print and didn't get a separate e-mail confirmation for my order. I did get the e-mail for the Bottlebux though, lol.
Nice. Yeah, I'm tryna stack those Bottlebux bruh.

Man, some of the NYCC stuff for Hero Complex is really dope. I could use the Bebop and the Kill Bill releases.

Browny

Banned
Fun fact: I went to school with Luke Preece for 9 years - super talented artist (along with my best friend from first school, Pye Parr). Both of them worked at 2000AD before going solo, but I don't see them as much anymore.

(Which makes it so much easier to not defend Luke on that MM - it's too close for comfort)

yay, I got the no country variant, and one of the spider gwen(non foil, for my wife) from Grey Matter. Thought about the spiderman but decided against it.

and the dr manhattan print from hero complex

and Bottleneck just shipped my tula lotay batman

and I'm going to mondocon in a few weeks

being broke is cool, too

Never picked up anything from Hero Complex before. How's their shipping? They charge about the same as Bottleneck, $16?

was 15 for me yesterda, US

Fjordson

Never picked up anything from Hero Complex before. How's their shipping? They charge about the same as Bottleneck, $16?
I honestly can't remember the exact speed. Wasn't super quick, but they've always been dependable. Bought like four releases from them in the past and they all arrived in perfect condition.

Arkotype

I've just completed my latest project - The first in a series called 'Specimen', which aims to explore, deconstruct and visualise the graphical and iconographic elements of video games. The first in the series is based on Super Mario Bros 3.

There will be three 'units' per series - A limited edition screen print (30 prints), a specimen book and a pin badge set - The print will be available tomorrow evening GMT and the book / badges will be following later in the year.

SPEC-SMB3-02.png

SPEC-SMB3-01.png

More info on the project can be found here:

http://arkotype.co/work/specimen-no-1-hvcum/

I'll be posting a sale link to the prints tomorrow evening - If you follow Arkotype on Twitter I'll be updating on times etc. throughout the day tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/arkotypeco

omgkitty

I have been very tempted to buy a couple of RJB prints that would basically have ended up being dirty little secrets because I would NEVER EVER frame them or tell anyone I had them.

I have been very tempted to buy a couple of RJB prints that would basically have ended up being dirty little secrets because I would NEVER EVER frame them or tell anyone I had them.

I've been tempted by a few things I saw on Erostika, but the poster sizes are really weird. And they're sold out of the large versions of the posters I really like.

I suppose you could call it a...

risky business

* puts on sunglasses *

It's shitty IMO. They'll be on ebay or EB at some point in the not-too-distant future. Don't feed the dicks.

On topic - really want to drop some monies on the new releases (Whalen's Civil War for one), but funds and buying priorities are such that I'll probably wait until the new year - if they're still available, then all's good. If they're not, then it's fate.

I'm sure that I haven't bought anything this year, apart from frames - so at least I'm progressing with what I've got and not adding to a backlog. Same goes with computer games
except I'm not progressing either lol.
. I've spent most of my disposable income on clothes - re-done my entire wardrobe as I approach the ripe old age of

Welp, I went and bought it. This is one of the only Blade Runner posters that I've ever liked, and I'm not gonna risk waiting for an official rerelease (which seems unlikely considering the poster is not well known). If they did rerelease it I'd be first in line though, especially if they released a larger size....(this ones only 11"x17").

krl87

Neo Member
got a couple spots left for a ghibli project with sachin teng.. pm me for more details, and yes you need to be on facebook.

Browny

Banned
Go now!!!
Thanks for the heads-up - I had given up!
But - no standards left, and I'm not dropping what will be close to £120 after shipping and customs on the variant... :-(

Edit: got a Standard in my cart, but then had buyer's remorse. It's Christmas in 2 months and I have 2 daughters. Woe is me lol.

Arkotype

I've just completed my latest project - The first in a series called 'Specimen', which aims to explore, deconstruct and visualise the graphical and iconographic elements of video games. The first in the series is based on Super Mario Bros 3.

There will be three 'units' per series - A limited edition screen print (30 prints), a specimen book and a pin badge set - The print will be available tomorrow evening GMT and the book / badges will be following later in the year.

SPEC-SMB3-02.png

SPEC-SMB3-01.png

More info on the project can be found here:

http://arkotype.co/work/specimen-no-1-hvcum/

I'll be posting a sale link to the prints tomorrow evening - If you follow Arkotype on Twitter I'll be updating on times etc. throughout the day tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/arkotypeco

Just to let you all now these are now up for sale - Ship Worldwide:

http://arkotype.tictail.com/product/specimen-hvcum-a

Browny

Banned
I had never heard of this site until ordering the Blade Runner print yesterday, but they've got some nice stuff. Went back and grabbed a neat Howl's Moving Castle piece from Tim Doyle this morning.
giphy.gif

Someone else can link the story if required...

Edit: looking back at this I realise it's a bit of a shitty comment without context. Tim does some nice pieces (I love his Clerks) but he had some controversy with reissuing some of his previously limited edition work iirc - I'm sure someone will clarify.

Fjordson

giphy.gif

Someone else can link the story if required...

Edit: looking back at this I realise it's a bit of a shitty comment without context. Tim does some nice pieces (I love his Clerks) but he had some controversy with reissuing some of his previously limited edition work iirc - I'm sure someone will clarify.
Uh oh. Did I just buy a piece from a garbage person.

Bii

Uh oh. Did I just buy a piece from a garbage person.

He reprints his own artwork so it's never really a limited edition. This is usually not an issue if it weren't for the fact that he would advertise his first printing as limited, only to reprint and sell them later.

There was also some controversy of him selling mystery tubes but also including questionable prints from other artists that may or may not have been reprinted. The thought of landing, say a Stout piece, at $50 or whatever it is he priced them at was worth a shot to many. But if it's a reprinting of another artist's work...I dunno.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Never got an answer a page or so ago, so hoping a MondoCon vet can help out as Tuesday is approaching quickly:

So, I got tickets for MondoCon and this will be my first year in attendance now that I live in Austin. Any tips?

Also, how quickly will the spots sell out for panels and (more importantly) the screenings? Do they just release at a random time on Tuesday? Do I need to have my browser extensions set up and Twitter constantly refreshing like I would for a print or are things a bit more lax?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Never got an answer a page or so ago, so hoping a MondoCon vet can help out as Tuesday is approaching quickly:

They usually give the time for when tickets are on sale so I'm not sure what the deal is with tomorrow. Also, not sure how fast they're going to sell out this year because it's at a new venue. Don't know how big/small the panel room will be or what size theater they're going to reserve for the screenings.

In the past they sold out pretty fast. Not as bad as a Stout or Moss though.

Edit: Info on panel/screening rsvp tomorrow: https://mondotees.com/blogs/mondocon-news/panels-screenings-heres-how-to-get-tickets

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
They usually give the time for when tickets are on sale so I'm not sure what the deal is with tomorrow. Also, not sure how fast they're going to sell out this year because it's at a new venue. Don't know how big/small the panel room will be or what size theater they're going to reserve for the screenings.

In the past they sold out pretty fast. Not as bad as a Stout or Moss though.

Edit: Info on panel/screening rsvp tomorrow: https://mondotees.com/blogs/mondocon-news/panels-screenings-heres-how-to-get-tickets

Thanks, just got the email with the times and such. I really want an Ex Machina screening spot so I'll be ready to jump on that.

What are people's general opinions on the panels? The Live Draw looks intriguing but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's kind of gimmicky.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Thanks, just got the email with the times and such. I really want an Ex Machina screening spot so I'll be ready to jump on that.

What are people's general opinions on the panels? The Live Draw looks intriguing but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's kind of gimmicky.

Caught most of the Live Draw last year with Jock and Olly Moss. It was fun.

Top Bottom