• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Fjordson

Bottleneck is dropping some Star Wars and Rick & Morty prints tomorrow at noon EST. The Empire one by Karl Fitzgerald is dope https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/news/star-wars-and-rick-morty-nycc-releases

He reprints his own artwork so it's never really a limited edition. This is usually not an issue if it weren't for the fact that he would advertise his first printing as limited, only to reprint and sell them later.

There was also some controversy of him selling mystery tubes but also including questionable prints from other artists that may or may not have been reprinted. The thought of landing, say a Stout piece, at $50 or whatever it is he priced them at was worth a shot to many. But if it's a reprinting of another artist's work...I dunno.
Yeah, seems weird. And I read some of the forum thread that was linked here when it first came to light. The dude comes off like an asshole.

The print looks so great though =[

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, October 17th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck:

Screen_Shot_2017-10-16_at_11.05.07_PM_1024x1024.png
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by Karl Fitzgerald. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 275, $50

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by Karl Fitzgerald. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 100, $65

"Rey & BB-8" by Matt Ferguson. 12" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $45

"Master Yoda of Degobah" by Andy Brase. 16" x 20" letterpress. Numbered edition of 275, $45

"Two Parts Plutonic Quarks" by Dan Mumford. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $40

"Two Parts Plutonic Quarks" by Dan Mumford. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 50, $50

"Two Parts Plutonic Quarks" by Dan Mumford. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 50, $50

"Loser Jerry", "Noob-Noob", "Mr. Meeseeks Pinball", and "Pickle Rick" 4-Print Set by Mark Chilcott. Set of four 8" x 8" fine art giclées. Numbered editions of 75, $75 per set

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, the Live Draw panel sold out in about 15 seconds. I didn’t stand a chance.

Hoping the queuing system for the screenings helps a bit. I guess I’ll know in 10 min, lol.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Alamo website still saying tickets aren’t on sale yet?

Aaand it just randomly opened up about 6-7 min late. I should’ve just kept hitting refresh, probably not getting this either *sigh*

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Alamo website still saying tickets aren't on sale yet?

Aaand it just randomly opened up about 6-7 min late. I should've just kept hitting refresh, probably not getting this either *sigh*
Any luck?

Me and my buddy got tickets to both screenings. System went pretty smoothly once they actually flipped the switch.

Really hope I can get in on Mondo Talks on standby. Want to take my pics.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Any luck?

Me and my buddy got tickets to both screenings. System went pretty smoothly once they actually flipped the switch.

Really hope I can get in on Mondo Talks on standby. Want to take my pics.

Nope : ( I think I probably missed it by 4-5 seconds. I was ready right at 12:00:00 and then got confused by the delay and stopped my constant refreshing after a couple of min.

Will there be an aftermarket for these or are they non-transferrable?

fallengorn

Nope : ( I think I probably missed it by 4-5 seconds. I was ready right at 12:00:00 and then got confused by the delay and stopped my constant refreshing after a couple of min.

Will there be an aftermarket for these or are they non-transferrable?

That sucks.

They're transferable as long as you have a badge for that day. So yeah, it's possible you can try and pick up a ticket from someone.

Glassboy

driving from MN and I'm not sure it its gonna be worth going to mondocon anymore. Missed all screenings and panels. Sorry I just have to vent a little

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I was talking to a friend recently trying to describe why I think Mondocon is a really absurd event. Like it's wild that it's a small convention that you pay to attend in order to ostensibly get some great and exclusive art, but mostly you're waiting in line hoping to get a chance to get something, or completely locked out of stuff like the screenings.

I was talking to a friend recently trying to describe why I think Mondocon is a really absurd event. Like it's wild that it's a small convention that you pay to attend in order to ostensibly get some great and exclusive art, but mostly you're waiting in line hoping to get a chance to get something, or completely locked out of stuff like the screenings.

We went last year and had a lot of fun. Theres lulls in the traffic, my wife had like a 30 minute conversation with becky cloonan about a bunch of whatever. I did the same with Jock, and got him to sign some non mondo stuff.

Plus we met some really cool people in line who we talked to for a while.

It also didn't hurt that the f1 race was that weekend, so we got to meet danny odwyer and drew scanlon while they were in town so that added to it.

It is a weird convention, though the only other one I've been to I went just for the artists alley and didn't give a shit about anything else going on so its like that for me

fallengorn

That's pretty much what you're signing up for with a con based on a company that's built on exclusive merch.

The entire flow of the con is weird. It's basically 2-3 hours of line-waiting/purchasing and the rest of the time people are just hanging around.

That's pretty much what you're signing up for with a con based on a company that's built on exclusive merch.

The entire flow of the con is weird. It's basically 2-3 hours of line-waiting/purchasing and the rest of the time people are just hanging around.

Yeah we stood in line for a few hours at the beginning for the mondobooth stuff, but when we got our stuff there and went over to the artist booths, we basically walked around once and made a mental list, then went back and got what we wanted with little hassle.

2 day passes for it will never not be weird for me. We live in dallas (about 3 hours away) I got mine for saturday only last year, and we were done on saturday in time to be back at home that night by 10. There's some other stuff we want to do this year in austin, so we're staying an extra night, but like a half day is more than enough time, especially if you don't get to any of the panels

ruxtpin

Banned

I attended the first day of the year two and volunteered for year three. Skipping this year due to work, but even if I was free I don't know if I would go. I want to go to a screening and closed panels, but it's a crap-shoot trying to get tickets for limited spots and - unless I'm mistaken - a decent number of the free panels are repeats. Maybe next year.

fallengorn

On sale tomorrow at Cyclops Print Works at 12pm PST.

Cyclops Print Works Print #43: Beauty and the Beast
Artist: JC Richard
Size: 12" x 36"
Technique: Serigraph | 25 Colors
Edition Size: Limited Edition of 225
Features: Hand-Numbered | Varnish | Authenticity Seal
Paper: Strongstuff 320 gsm
Printed by: Cyclops Print Works
Price: $100
Officially Licensed by Disney

Heads up NeoGAF. I'm no longer with Cyclops Print Works as of last week. Thanks so much for all your support during my time there, and please continue to support it. There are many exciting things to come.

Thanks!!!

Glassboy

Heads up NeoGAF. I'm no longer with Cyclops Print Works as of last week. Thanks so much for all your support during my time there, and please continue to support it. There are many exciting things to come.

Thanks!!!
How about that Eng Shadow of the Colossus and Last Guardian ;) join another company or are you out of the business?

Omie

Thanks!!!

snakesalute.gif

Best of luck on all of your future ventures!

How about that Eng Shadow of the Colossus and Last Guardian ;) join another company or are you out of the business?

All I can say is. Even though I'm no longer with Cyclops, there are still quite a few projects that will be coming out that I've worked on. Pretty much everything this year and early 2018 are projects I've worked on, along with my former co-worker Alejandra from Cyclops.

And I believe, you will be happy. And I did it for Neogaf. It took a long time but I did it officially for Neogaf.

That's all I can say right now.

snakesalute.gif

Best of luck on all of your future ventures!

Snake Salute back at cha!

Glassboy

All I can say is. Even though I'm no longer with Cyclops, there are still quite a few projects that will be coming out that I've worked on. Pretty much everything this year and early 2018 are projects I've worked on, along with my former co-worker Alejandra from Cyclops.

And I believe, you will be happy. And I did it for Neogaf. It took a long time but I did it officially for Neogaf.

yeah baby!!!!

IronRinn

Thanks!!!
Awwwww shiiiiiit, time to start up the rumor mill.

Guys, word is that MB left Cyclops because he found out that the varnish they were using was actually made from puppies.

IronRinn

Tuesday, October 24th at 5pm UK time on Black Dragon Press and a random time on Mondo: Evil Under The Sun by Johnny Dombrowski .

24" x 36" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered edition of 110, £45/$60

We were able to score 4 for the Ex Machina screening. We were shut out of everything else, but the EM screening feels like the one to go to. Has Mondo explained their camping policy for this year?

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
The Vacvvm will also have three fantastic prints by Foley, Ruas, and Delort up today as well at 2pm CT. (Seriously, all three of those prints are great.)

Damn, that Delort is amazing. I'm always impressed with his work but the subject doesn't usually grab me the way this print does.

Awwwww shiiiiiit, time to start up the rumor mill.

Mockingbird, in his infinite wisdom, dreamed up the ultimate poster grail. A nonagon, nine prints in a 3 x 3 grid configuration of the entire Disney cinematic universe. Each print sized 24 x 36 and composed of an astounding 27 colors. But as the prints were drawn up, Cyclops realized that there was too much power in these prints and releasing them into the world would have unforeseen consequences. So, Mockingbird and Cyclops parted ways, freeing Mockingbird to bring other posters of power in to existence.

Vyrance

You did great work over there! Sounds to me like maybe you'll be doing video game prints now. I'm ready for that SOTC!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Fancy Paper Gaf, get your asses to the discord channel to avoid this dumpster fire of a site.

Also, Tyler Malka:
eat-a-dick.gif

IronRinn

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that, as you've no doubt figured out, we have migrated over to the other site. As such, this thread will no longer be updated, at least not by me. Please feel free to join us over at the other site when it opens up open registrations (hopefully later today). I cannot give out Discord invites or vetted codes. Thanks everyone, posters and lurkers alike, you have all been super rad and I really hope to see you again, sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom