Pope admits clerical abuse of nuns including sexual slavery

Dec 22, 2010
You can post all the statistics you want but you'll never convince me that guys who molest little boys are straight. A lot of gays are ashamed of being gay so they'll just say they aren't and that's how you get skewed stats. Any real straight guy would be absolutely disgusted by the thought of touching a little boy.
Any "real gay guy" would also be disgusted by the thought of touching a little boy...

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
You can post all the statistics you want but you'll never convince me that guys who molest little boys are straight.
So you're basically admitting of being willfully ignorant. Alrighty then...

A lot of gays are ashamed of being gay so they'll just say they aren't and that's how you get skewed stats.
Don't you think they would be more ashamed of being child abusers? If you're a convicted pedophile, I'd say admitting to being gay is the least of your problems. This is just another ridiculous claim with no basis in reality.

Aug 15, 2018
The point is, rape is not always about sex itself. Often times, it's about power: The complete domination of another person; finally somebody who will listen to you, and you can control the outcome.
I agree in this instance. Take prison rape for example. The incarcerated men who do this evil seem to usually be heterosexual men seeking dominance over their prison mates. A heterosexual man can do a homosexual act, but is this the case here? The dynamic between abuser and victim is one of power and control. But then again, why do these men begin these relationships in the first place if it isn't for sexual gratification (thereby making them homosexuals)? A member of the clergy, like a priest, is usually held in high esteem in the local catholic community and is trusted, why would he need to assert some kind of dominance? (then again these abusers are clearly mentally ill and are willing to do evil, does there need to be a reason?).

I have no answers, just questions, but I think honest discussion is good and productive. Also, who knows? WaterAstro brings up some good points that maybe what we are doing now is the best we can do currently. Through this tribulation we do need to remember that our Church is still the same Church as it was before and its mission remains the same.

Is it possible that the importance of virginity is what causes young people to be targeted to frequently? Considering domination tends to be a theme in rape, it kinda makes sense that sexual-orientation isn't a factor, but simply being the one to ruin a form of purity is the prevailing fact
No offense, but that really doesn't make sense. Why would a sex abuser in the Church want to ruin someone's purity, like why would that specifically be a goal?

Dec 22, 2007
No offense, but that really doesn't make sense. Why would a sex abuser in the Church want to ruin someone's purity, like why would that specifically be a goal?
I don't mean specifically a goal. I just mean an additional goal, on top of the domination.
Child-abuse is different than same-age abuse in that it also requires a separate sub-group of criminal. It's rape, plus pedophilia, rather than one or the other. I was just asking if children are targeted so frequently because they're easy to dominate, or perhaps if it was domination and other factors. Considering virginity has such a massive role in all kinds of lore, I'm just wondering if it plays a part.

(then again these abusers are clearly mentally ill and are willing to do evil, does there need to be a reason?).
This, essentially.

So, another slippery slope here, if you look into the animal kingdom, you can see some interesting trends.
Rape is relatively common in a variety of species, as is showboating for mates. Plenty of species even have males beat the crap out of each other before one of them gets laid.
It just seems like violence and domination are inherently tied to sexuality. I don't think orientation has much to do with it, really. Love is absolutely tied to orientation, but domination seems to be pretty free-reign.

And just to be clear, I'm not comparing gay people to animals. I'm comparing rapists to animals.

Dec 12, 2013
So you're basically admitting of being willfully ignorant. Alrighty then...

Don't you think they would be more ashamed of being child abusers? If you're a convicted pedophile, I'd say admitting to being gay is the least of your problems. This is just another ridiculous claim with no basis in reality.
You're the one who's delusional and trying desperately to weave a narrative where the vast majority of sexual abuse towards boys is perpetrated by straight men. A straight man is somebody who is 100% EXCLUSIVELY attracted to women and NEVER to ANY man of ANY age, therefore the number of straight men that abuse boys is 0%. By definition it can never happen. Any man that abuses a boy or even has sex once with another man is at the very least bi-sexual but is in NO WAY straight.

May 15, 2018
I don't mean specifically a goal. I just mean an additional goal, on top of the domination.
Child-abuse is different than same-age abuse in that it also requires a separate sub-group of criminal. It's rape, plus pedophilia, rather than one or the other. I was just asking if children are targeted so frequently because they're easy to dominate, or perhaps if it was domination and other factors. Considering virginity has such a massive role in all kinds of lore, I'm just wondering if it plays a part.

This, essentially.

So, another slippery slope here, if you look into the animal kingdom, you can see some interesting trends.
Rape is relatively common in a variety of species, as is showboating for mates. Plenty of species even have males beat the crap out of each other before one of them gets laid.
It just seems like violence and domination are inherently tied to sexuality. I don't think orientation has much to do with it, really. Love is absolutely tied to orientation, but domination seems to be pretty free-reign.

And just to be clear, I'm not comparing gay people to animals. I'm comparing rapists to animals.
you see i dont get this kind of like new age religion realism where its like trying to find its place in a new society. all good religions are staunch. there are no compromises. what you see is what you get. you follow the text or you dont and get out. everyone trying to find these weird separations is the cracking of what the religion originally is. so are you a devout follower or someone who is trying to side with your society and trying to get some easy way out. get with the fucking program.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
A meme on the internet says so, so it must be true...:pie_eyeroll:
Meme on the internet? I made that picture as a recollection of all the empirical studies that were posted in this very thread. So not only are you being willfully ignorant, you also did not read up on the discussion before spouting your uninformed bullcrap. You're merely proving how on point that picture is. Bravo!

If a straight guy wants to exert dominance over another man he doesn't rape him, he beats the shit out of him.
Uh huh, yeah sure, because sex is never used as a violent mean to humiliate and degrade the victim. It's not as if that notion has had a long history, from the Roman Empire, to modern day prison rape. Like this for example:

In psychological victimisation, the aggressor manipulates other prisoners into giving up material goods, sex or some other desired commodity without actually having to fight for it (Bowker 1980, p. 59). As we have seen, prison sexual victimisation has important ramifications for both the perpetrator and the victim. For the jocker [inmate slang for the sexual aggressor], these sexual ‘conquests’ serve to establish his status and dominance within the convict hierarchy, as well as continuing to validate his manhood (Wooden and Parker 1982, p. 115).

Homosexual behaviour is therefore ‘rewritten’ by men in prison so that men manage to convince others that their homosexual interests are transient, highly physical and unemotional, enabling them to retain power and status. Those who are victims are assigned the label ‘homosexual’ (Richmond 1978, p. 51). The use of force becomes conditioned with the sexual act itself (an example of ‘stimulus generalisation’). The men’s prison environment allows for, and even sanctions sexual aggression. However, it does not approve of sexual affection or love except in rare instances; and very seldom does this positive element occur between the ‘straights’ who merely use their punks or sissies (Wooden and Parker 1982, p. 115). Some aggressors deviate from the general pattern in that they perpetrate psychological victimisation purely for the pleasure they gain from seeing the suffering of the victim (Wooden and Parker 1982, p. 115). Therefore, aggression is more commonly used by the jocker to keep the inmate in line.

For some, the challenge of ‘turning out’ a heterosexual white youngster is much more exciting than engaging in sex with a wilful homosexual sissy who readily appears to have conformed to the feminised role (Wooden and Parker 1982, p. 115)