• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular UK camping youtuber has an 'encounter' in the woods.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm never going into the woods unless I have two pitbulls and a shotgun with me.

Sometimes you get some nice surprises in the woods, especially in the UK.

The UK has a large and thriving dogging community (so I'm told anyway). You might get lucky and run into some people dogging who invite you to join in! What an indulgence that would be.

In fact, thinking about it, the sounds in the OP video are probably just people in the woods going at it like feral animals.

Dural

Am I the only one laughing that this guy is camping in the "woods" that is literally right next to a bunch of homes, and looks to be a trail that people from the neighborhood walk on? This is where kids would go camping, not really a "scary" place to camp. I live in a fairly rural area in the US and I could show you some scary woods!

Am I the only one laughing that this guy is camping in the "woods" that is literally right next to a bunch of homes, and looks to be a trail that people from the neighborhood walk on? This is where kids would go camping, not really a "scary" place to camp. I live in a fairly rural area in the US and I could show you some scary woods!
I've camped in some woods in canada in the middle of nowhere where if you take the time to stop and think for just a second about what if something bad happens will drive you nuts...

He had a car parking like so close to his camping site...

Last edited:

sleipnir

Neo Member
This one seems fake to me. The whimpering sounded like it was added in later, as it's postition and volume in the mix doesn't seem to change and it just doesn't sound like it's in the same environment. I would imagine the dog would react more as well.

I was on a woodland path once, late evening, getting well into dusk, and I suddenly heard loud crashing and screaming sounds coming from deeper in the trees. In terror I ran, but I ran the wrong way meaning I would have to cross a river (Thames) and walk about five miles to return to right side over the next nearest bridge, to get back to my car. I had no choice but to turn around and run as fast as I could back to way I came. It was stupid, as it would only have been a wild animal (foxes I expect) but your mind plays tricks when you can see what's making the sound :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Reminded me of this one

Yeah thats some brown trouser stuff. Didnt he ever try running the video through some audio equipment to deter'mine' what it was?

I'd of CSI'd the shit out of it..

The missus and me caught a ghost on one of our holiday pictures from Gran canaria. No one in our part of the bar, three inch thick glass behined us, I done a selfie of us (before proper smart phones, it was on an old Ixus), bam, ghost in the pic. Funnny thing is, she said she felt weird before I took the photo and I, for some unknown reason, wanted to check the pic (something I never do, I hate photos of myself..)

She didnt sleep the next two nights. I CSI'd the shit out the photo, just looks like a head of a woman. No one believed it either

I kept the camera.

My wife said shes always had weird esp feelings in old places but I cant get her to go anywhere it'd be good and I can take photos. It's for science ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This one seems fake to me. The whimpering sounded like it was added in later, as it's postition and volume in the mix doesn't seem to change and it just doesn't sound like it's in the same environment. I would imagine the dog would react more as well.

I was on a woodland path once, late evening, getting well into dusk, and I suddenly heard loud crashing and screaming sounds coming from deeper in the trees. In terror I ran, but I ran the wrong way meaning I would have to cross a river (Thames) and walk about five miles to return to right side over the next nearest bridge, to get back to my car. I had no choice but to turn around and run as fast as I could back to way I came. It was stupid, as it would only have been a wild animal (foxes I expect) but your mind plays tricks when you can see what's making the sound :messenger_face_screaming:
What's weird is that whimpering can also be heard in that Russian hunter video that was posted

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This guy is one of the dumbest motherfuckers I've ever seen. He drives out in the middle of the night during a pretty bad storm. Hikes through a forest to go to a mine that has been abandoned for 170 years.

Dude is crazy.
Don't forget to subscribe and smash that like button. Oh, and hit the little bell for alerts to stay up to date.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Saw this when it was posted by OP. Sounded more like "singing" to me. And it's source was very close to him at some points.

For those that like these ghost "hunters" / paranormal "investigators." I've been on and off watching these guys doing their thing and while their approach isn't the best for reasons of my own ie I have to be very VERY forgiving for how they choose to portray their final product. It's still pretty entertaining nonetheless. YT be YT so they have to play the game. Besides that I have my criticism of their set up, approach and follow up when having contact although personally I can filter that through the lens of young/ignorant/excited/"gotta act like this cause YT. Anyways.

Do yourselves a favor and skip through the 10 min intro.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's funny that most of the population deems this ridiculous while I got to know them from some Australian dude mentioning them on a podcast thinking those guys from Twin Paranormal were being fucked with by Crypto Terrestrials haha. Let me look.

Found it 😅

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Some more scary sounds to help you sleep at night.

The first one is absolutely somebody living in the house. The last one...... possibly some animal, but if I heard that I'd shit myself. I'd probably bite off my own tongue and hope to bleed out.

Some more scary sounds to help you sleep at night.

The first one is absolutely somebody living in the house. The last one...... possibly some animal, but if I heard that I'd shit myself. I'd probably bite off my own tongue and hope to bleed out.

Visiting old abandonned houses is all fun and games until you either come face to face with some junkies or get hurt by a booby trap

Top Bottom