• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 E3 gameplay video

Right now just some off screen cam stuff on youtube. Will update when G4TV has their footage up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDwOFFJ-7T4 <--- poor sound and video quality [EDIT] See first IGN video below for much better version of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLpU0T-Sow <--- Much better off screen video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc <-- Official Trailer

Edited again ... again: Replacing the G4 footage that was pulled by Comcast with IGN links that includes the same gameplay sections.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

And again ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebqdTFj9T2o

G4tv footage. Same gameplay footage as the 3 videos above, just less of it. But this video does include the G4 interview with nice guy Doug Lombardi.

Edit (June 21st): Downloadable HD footage from gamersyde. (Thanks Snoopers and Blimblim!)

Gamersyde HD footage of the full demonstration. 1280x720

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
derFeef said:
Orange Juice all over me. Awesome.

ALL OVER MY FACE

2qbhwl0.gif

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah, that's Portal and Tag combined into the masterpiece I wanted.
Saw about thirty seconds of the second video, that's it, I'm on complete media blackout until I'm playing the final game.

I love you all.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is that still Source engine?! If so, they've made HUGE strides. They are doing a lot of things that definitely didn't appear in previous Source engine games. Hopefully level streaming is one of the new features as the previous method of loading in all other Source games was super archaic and awful.

dark10x said:
Is that still Source engine?! If so, they've made HUGE strides. They are doing a lot of things that definitely didn't appear in previous Source engine games. Hopefully level streaming is one of the new features as the previous method of loading in all other Source games was super archaic and awful.

I feel like they would be talking about this if there was a major engine update like this.

My guess is they are just pushing the current engine to it's limits.

derFeef

wayward archer said:
I feel like they would be talking about this if there was a major engine update like this.

My guess is they are just pushing the current engine to it's limits.
The good thing is, there is no limit for Source.

I edited the first post with the G4 footage. Still not direct feed but good enough for now.

OMG the lighting, the textures, the physics! This game looks incredible and I cant wait to see HL3/Episode 3 with these engine improvements.

Sober

faceless007 said:
I don't really know what's going on in this footage but I really want the game, like, now. Is that so hard, Valve?
Valve bought up the guys that made Tag. Never played it, but they had a game where the paint would affect the properties of the substrate. As you can see in the video, orange = low friction, blue = bouncy.

and it interacts with portals. so awesome.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I came buckets. Absolutely loved and adored the first Portal and cannot freaking wait to play this baby as well. Valve <3

Raistlin

Holy crap, that looked WAY better graphically than I was expecting.

And LOL @ ""I think we can put our differences&#65279; behind us, for science... you monster."

Stitch

Gold Member
Don't wanna say that Source games look ugly, i like the engine a lot actually but this looks WAY better than every other source game oO

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
This looks really fucking awesome. Can't wait Valve!

I remember, I called up my college buddy and called dibs on him for a first playthrough the second I heard there was a coop campaign back when they announced it. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
In the G4 video you can really tell they're readapting the Episode 2/L4D1/L4D2 dynamic flashlight tech to light large portions of test chambers. The effect is especially noticeable by the shadows of the vegetation. Looks great.

Top Bottom