• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
gUSzv.png

This seemed necessary.

An-Det

This is the first single-player-focused Valve game in years, and is the sequel to one of my favorite games, so I'm fucking hyped. From what I have seen and read, this is the portal game I've been hoping for since I first played Narbacular Drop in 2005. Not that Portal 1 wasnt awesome, but they've really stepped it up.

Also, the post transition in the OP is awesome. Well done.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i think it would be great if we had an updated OP with people looking for coop buddies, gamertages, steam names psn codes etc

Cool avatar pics, everyone. I'm not much of an avatar-changer myself, but the thought occurred to me that it would be awesome to have 2 tandem avatars like the adjacent pics in the first two posts. They'd have to go to people who post a lot in the same threads, though. Like maybe people who have opposing opinions on Portal 2 and argue a lot? :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Rebel Leader said:
Wouldn't that be in the community section?
Probably deserves a section of its own, methinks. So yeah, if Derfeef will whip up a new banner or two, we'll be set. Hope he isn't sick of potatoes.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Botolf said:
Probably deserves a section of its own, methinks. So yeah, if Derfeef will whip up a new banner or two, we'll be set. Hope he isn't sick of potatoes.

Derfeef may have Lachanophobia by then.

Note: couldn't find potato phobia :(

Mr Cola said:
i think it would be great if we had an updated OP with people looking for coop buddies, gamertages, steam names psn codes etc
If something like this is implemented, it'll probably be up over the weekend. No guarantees though.

FlashFlooder said:
not sure if serious... but God, no

Portal 2 having a song by The National is the greatest intersection of my 2 biggest interests since Rock Band.

Sorry I didn't know who The National was.
Until I just youtube'd em a second ago. Obviously now, I was wrong.

Ozone

Rebel Leader said:
The consoles have split-screen
Great, thanks! This game could be a useful relationship-strengthening tool.

...either that, or lead to a lot of arguing. Oh well, science!

Oreoleo

Didn't realize there was split-screen support on consoles, it makes sense of course.

Hopefully the PC version unofficially supports split screen like L4D does. Would be awesome :D

derFeef

Botolf said:
Will gladly do that! Oh why is everyone typing Derfeef, it looks so weird ;)

zlatko

Banned
I'm having issues with your avatars you provided OP. They keep saving as .gifs. I save them as .jpgs, and they still will not work.

Solution?

I tried to also just save it as a .jpeg then upload it to my photobucket and use a URL... still saying when I want to change my avatar that .gifs aren't allowed. This isn't a god damn .gif. Ugh.
portal2.gif

KJTB

So ready for this, holy shit. I have a shitty test on Monday, once that's over with I'm going to cry tears of joy and play the fuck out of this :D

LProtag

The only thing I'm worried about is the PC/Mac version that comes with the PS3 not getting the same updates. Just because they claim you'll be accessing your PS3 version on your PC/Mac. Though I doubt that would happen.

zlatko said:
I'm having issues with your avatars you provided OP. They keep saving as .gifs. I save them as .jpgs, and they still will not work.

Solution?

I tried to also just save it as a .jpeg then upload it to my photobucket and use a URL... still saying when I want to change my avatar that .gifs aren't allowed. This isn't a god damn .gif. Ugh.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x7/dusperzlatko/portal2.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]
I don't understand why you can't save it as a .gif...

StuBurns

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
The only thing I'm worried about is the PC/Mac version that comes with the PS3 not getting the same updates. Just because they claim you'll be accessing your PS3 version on your PC/Mac. Though I doubt that would happen.
I think you're confused.

The PC/Mac version that comes with the PS3 version is just the Steam version of Portal 2, exactly as if you'd bought it directly from Steam.

Sai-kun

Banned
I guess I'm taking the blue portal avatar? Technically? Hahaha. I'm a genius, I know. Innovation is my strong suit.

zlatko said:

Solution?

portal2.gif

Try this one :
2dl9mpj.jpg

here is the direct link. Just put it in your User CP. It should upload.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2dl9mpj.jpg

EDIT: Ooohp nevermind.

LProtag

StuBurns said:
I think you're confused.

The PC/Mac version that comes with the PS3 version is just the Steam version of Portal 2, exactly as if you'd bought it directly from Steam.

Alright, I figured as much, but the wording seemed kinda confusing.

zlatko

Banned
Dax01 said:
I don't understand why you can't save it as a .gif...

Not sure what was happening. It just kept saving it as a .gif, and it kept uploading as a .gif.

I ended up googling an image converter program and just ran it through that and then it ended up working fine.

Thanks for the new avatar though. :) Thanks to those who tried to help too. ;)

Top Bottom