• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal Writer Erik Wolpaw Says He Wants to Make a Third Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Portal and Portal 2 are often considered two of the greatest video games of all-time, and a big part of that popularity can be attributed to the writing. Writer Erik Wolpaw has worked on games such as Artifact and Half-Life: Alyx since then, but the one thing he really wants to work on is Portal 3. In a recent appearance on the Kiwi Talkz podcast, Wolpaw shared just how much he wants to return to the series, and how he wants to be able to do it before he's "too old."

"We've gotta start Portal 3, that's my message to you. Anything you can do, let's do it, let's just make it happen. Because yeah, I am also not getting any younger like we are reaching the point where it's crazy to think, literally gonna be too old to work on Portal 3 so we should just do it," said Wolpaw.

Wolpaw went on to say that Portal fans should make their appeals known to Gabe Newell, though the writer was quick to point out that he doesn't think these appeals will help the game materialize. However, if Newell and Valve see an interest, it certainly couldn't hurt!

bender

What time is it?
Can't wait to replay Portal and, to a lesser extent, Portal 2 when they come to the Switch.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
so_say_we_all1.gif

Forced myself to finish the first Portal, and uninstalled Portal 2 when the game talked itself to death to the player with corny ass jokes. However, I’m all for a Portal 3 if we can get a Team Fortress 3 out of the deal along with closure to the Half Life series once and for all.

Kuranghi

Forced myself to finish the first Portal, and uninstalled Portal 2 when the game talked itself to death to the player with corny ass jokes. However, I’m all for a Portal 3 if we can get a Team Fortress 3 out of the deal along with closure to the Half Life series once and for all.

What would you consider good comedy writing? Any examples?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Pls just VR only as Alyx.

What’s the best way to play 1 and 2 because I never did. I have a PS5, XSX and Switch.
Well from that list it's only one choice and that is XSX, which also has 4k support.

Well since gabe has stopped valve devs total freedom and has finally given people leadership to develop games there is still hope, but since they want niche lije Nintendo its gunna be a vr exclusive sadly

ReBurn

Gold Member
Maybe a spin-off. To make a Valve game with a "3" at the end of it is... Blasphemy.

Your comment reminded me that this thread was kinda funny back in the day

ReBurn

Gold Member
What’s the best way to play 1 and 2 because I never did. I have a PS5, XSX and Switch.
The Orange Box is backward compatible on XSX and that has the first portal. You'll have to buy it from the Xbox 360 marketplace and not the Microsoft store.

I think Portal 2 is also BC and would have to be purchased on the Xbox 360 marketplace, but you might want to double check that one.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I'd even consider pre-ordering it, and I can hardly pronounce that vile word without contracting a random disease.

Make it happen, Valve!

Certinty

The Orange Box is backward compatible on XSX and that has the first portal. You'll have to buy it from the Xbox 360 marketplace and not the Microsoft store.

I think Portal 2 is also BC and would have to be purchased on the Xbox 360 marketplace, but you might want to double check that one.
Thanks mate, I assume the disc versions of both would work too?

Kokoloko85

Valve too busy making money off everyone else on steam.
They dont make games, they only sell the work of others lol

Id love to see orange box, portal 1&2 on PS5/Xbox etc

Notabueno

Banned
Will never happen.

Valve makes too much money leeching taxes on actual game producers and publishers, to invest into making new games that are not promotional titles for their hardwares.

Top Bottom