• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portland Trail Blazers unveil new logo

Bobby Roberts

Banned
Feb 13, 2012
Portland, OR
geekremixed.com
They didn't really do shit.

I like how the press release talks about the font change like it was a bold design and they didn't just un-italicize the letters.

Logo and jerseys have never been as good as they were in the mid 80s anyway.

Pizza

Apr 21, 2014
Heck
img10.deviantart.net
I like it: new one looks cleaner and will look better when printed onto most anything (and the design won't flake off shirts as easily)

But I figured they'd do something more on the nose like a backpacker with a joint

SYNTAX182

Aug 30, 2007
Very subtle update. Definitely cleaner than the old one. Using the same thickness and interconnecting the lines makes it a bit easier on the eyes. Not sure why they flipped the color though but yeah good update.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Sep 4, 2013
Also, the pinwheel is supposed to represent the yin yang flow of a team perfectly executing a fast break or some shit like that.

It's also really nothing more than a stylized B. But you can't just SAY that...
Looks more like a stylized H to me

Not as bad as this:
Noooo, what the fuck. That shit belongs on a floppy disk from the 90s

Mindlog

Aug 31, 2007
www.youtube.com
If you had asked me to describe the Trailblazer logo from memory I would have described the new logo.

I may have crossed into Bernstein universe. BBIAB.

Apr 19, 2011
It's fine I guess? Nothing wrong with getting abstract for team logos and the pinwheel design is timeless so I guess a little fiddling with the order of color and the angles of the outline isn't the worst change they could think of.