• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portland Trail Blazers unveil new logo

A redesign should be more bold to justify the costs in my opinion.
Applying this redesign for our German unemployment agency cost more than ten million Euros for example in addition to the costs of the design itself:
b4dfb4bdb17fd9a1u6u9t.gif

Think of all the billable hours. Reminds me of when MS revealed the 360 -> One controller redesign cost over 100 million dollars, and then ended up with a design that was nearly identical after 8 years.

Engineers, designers, and artists at these companies laughing all the way to the bank.

PSqueak

Banned
Graphic designer: that'll be $250,000 please

You joke, but there is more to the new design than just flipping the colors and triming the pointy bits.

[insert "Devil wears prada" scene where Anne Hataway's character chuckles not knowing jackshit about fashion and gets schooled on her ignorance here]

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
You joke, but there is more to the new design than just flipping the colors and triming the pointy bits.

[insert "Devil wears prada" scene where Anne Hataway's character chuckles not knowing jackshit about fashion and gets schooled on her ignorance here]

This took me 5 minutes, just to see how it would look a little bolder without so many lines.

Looks like the higher ups needed more revenue from merchandise sales but didn't want to take the chance at offending their fan base, so created the most minor changes they could while still being considered different.

Not bad, but the NBA is 5-on-5 ball. Hence the 5 lines.
But it doesn't look like a 69 then. And everyone knows what 69 means to blazer fans...

That's the year the Chevrolet Blazers was released and funded the team's expansion into the NBA the next year.

impirius

I'm going to do that super annoying thing where some dummy on the Internet takes a painstakingly-created visual identity and edits it to fit his preferences. Sorry.

KNe9SCf.png

90s logo with new logotype (minus the "spurs"). I really dig this typeface.

ipokPNT.png

90s logo with logotype set in Norwester (a less angular take on the new "Trail Blazers" typeface)

Forgive the chopped-off left side. That's how I found it!

Top Bottom