• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portuguese Zelda/Souls style RPG Decay of Logos Has Gone Gold

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Update: New trailer! Game is out now!

OP:
qDezBff.png
x0SNijZ.png
Greetings everyone,

It’s been a while since our last post but we’ve never been so close to releasing Decay of Logos. The date is about to drop and, as you might have seen on our social channels, we’ve recently gone gold on Xbox One! We’re happy to announce that we’re also ready for the Nintendo Switch, with PC and PS4 to follow very soon.

We would like to thank you all for your patience, we can’t wait to get it in your hands!
Check the development blog to see how it has progressed wonderfully since its early showings alongside tons of images, animated gifs, comparison shots pre and post polish pass and information like the real life locations that inspired the setting. Last vs oldest trailer, quite a difference:

Last edited:

Alexios

not impressed, nowadays people buy stuff because of hype don't pre order this, it's gonna be horrible .
Based on what? What hype are you talking about even? Who suggested preordering?

Looks Ok.

A lot of these indie games are just so barren looking.
Please show me these "lot of" indie games that go for this kind of game design, eager to follow more.

Last edited:

Traianvs

looks lovely, colorful. Makes me want to explore that world...
but, I don't know if developers are looking at this thread, please, please, PLEASE not every RPG must take inspiration from Souls games. I'm sick of seeing that weight, stamina mechanics, enemy lethality, the live-die-repeat style of game. Please stop. You can build excellent action rpg without copying Souls games.
Jesus Fucking Christ

Virex

Banned
Looks kind of okay and kind of not okay. what I can say is that it looks absolutely average at best. It might be good or it might be terrible.

Last edited:

Vorg

Banned
Were ico and/or shadow of the colossus an inspiration? The world kinda reminds me of those games.

Alexios

looks like a ruff draft of a game engine assets, reminds me of Rime (because it's an empty world) bad mechanics lazy AI ...
How's that a response to what he asked at all? And no it's not a "ruff" draft of "game engine assets", in fact you can even see how the game used to look and to what extent they've polished and expanded it in later months with tons of new textures, new lighting, additional details, decals for texture transitions to be less abrupt, improved geometry and composition, environmental effects like fog or bugs near marshes (which cause the character to wave her hands trying to get them away from her face), improved running and stale water effects, overhauled animations, etc, in their blog and they've actually done quite a lot and much if not all of it from scratch. Some of the differences are even visible between the oldest and the newest trailer I embedded in the OP but you'd have to read and watch without rushing to troll to see it I guess. Feel free to dislike it but that kind of shit posting is just that. As for the bad mechanics, we'll see but so far the combat looks competent enough, the puzzling varied and the world itself quite inspired if not original. The effort and love is clearly visible to any experienced gamer, it remains to be seen if the result is compelling enough.
Were ico and/or shadow of the colossus an inspiration? The world kinda reminds me of those games.
Dunno, could be.

Last edited:
How's that a response to what he asked at all? And no it's not a "ruff" draft of "game engine assets", in fact you can even see how the game used to look and to what extent they've polished and expanded it in later months with tons of new textures, new lighting, additional details, decals for texture transitions to be less abrupt, improved geometry and composition, environmental effects like fog or bugs near marshes (which cause the character to wave her hands trying to get them away from her face), improved running and stale water effects, etc, in their blog and they've actually done quite a lot and much if not all of it from scratch. Feel free to dislike it but that kind of shit posting is just that. As for the bad mechanics, we'll see when it's actually out but so far the combat looks competent, the puzzling varied and the world itself quite inspired if not quite original.

Dunno, could be.

They should try Harder, guess they missed the important aspects of a game wich is gameplay instead of focusing on waving her hand to move fog & bugs (lol seriously ?) i don't care if she waves at pixels, that chimera ass in your face when she rides it (didnt you see the trailer ?), the AI oh boy... boring mechanics don't get fooled by those highlighted fight actions you can clearly notice that the AI is disoriented.
did you say puzzles ? activating a switch and rotating a stick ...
he asked if it was inspired from ico Sotc i said looks like Rime ...
you look tense are you in the development team xD thats a horrible game pal

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Cool looks like a game to rent and check out. Has a neat BOTW style look but maybe w more of a claymation style. Interesting

Alexios

They should try Harder, guess they missed the important aspects of a game wich is gameplay instead of focusing on waving her hand to move fog & bugs (lol seriously ?) i don't care if she waves at pixels, that chimera ass in your face when she rides it (didnt you see the trailer ?), the AI oh boy... boring mechanics don't get fooled by those highlighted fight actions you can clearly notice that the AI is disoriented.
did you say puzzles ? activating a switch and rotating a stick ...
he asked if it was inspired from ico Sotc i said looks like Rime ...
you look tense are you in the development team xD thats a horrible game pal
Once again you have no arguments but are lazily trolling. You need to explain what and why is bad, not just present random negative words with nothing to back them up. Bad, lazy, "ruff", horrible. Are you 12? The visuals and other details I mentioned was in response to you calling it a "ruff" draft of game engine assets and "empty" as it's anything but that, not about gameplay, that's you conflating different parts, that came later in the post. I didn't see any chimera myself, no, maybe rewatch the videos and understand which is the oldest and which the newest too? I dunno what AI disorientation you saw there but whatever, you just want to troll and present the most random strawman arguments and ad hominem. I'm neither tense nor portuguese to believe I'm part of their studio or to think you can troll me as well as you're trolling the game by claiming that, no.

Last edited:
Once again you have no arguments but are lazily trolling. You need to explain what and why is bad, not just present random negative words with nothing to back them up. Bad, lazy, "ruff", horrible. Are you 12? The visuals and other details I mentioned was in response to you calling it a "ruff" draft of game engine assets and "empty" as it's anything but that, not about gameplay, that's you conflating different parts, that came later in the post. I didn't see any chimera myself, no, maybe rewatch the videos and understand which is the oldest and which the newest too? I dunno what AI disorientation you saw there but whatever, you just want to troll and present the most random strawman arguments and ad hominem. I'm neither tense nor portuguese to believe I'm part of their studio or to think you can troll me as well as you're trolling the game by claiming that, no.

I'm not trolling at all, didn't like the game like i said "not impressed" , didn't notice any details, not arguing the visuals at all its designer choice, gameplay and AI is garbage.
chimera i was referring to that Buck she's riding (i don't know what that is)

Alexios

Coming at the end of this month, give or take a few days depending on the platform (and lol @ ign's ad for another video going over some of the platforms/dates).

Last edited:

Gifmaker

I never heard of it, but after watching the trailer, I am interested. Thanks for the info, OP, I'll keep an eye on this.

Alexios

Saber

Gold Member
Didn't the reviews showed this game looks broken asf, not properly optimized and a mess to play?

Suggest anyone to give a heavy look in the game first before buying.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Performances will most likely be an issue only for those poor bastards aiming for the console version and bugs will eventually be fixed.
I'm far more concerned about how some reviews highlighted a lot of poor design and a tragic lack of variety, on the other hand.

Alexios

I mean, metacritic only shows 4 reviews and they range from "the worst game I have ever played" (whether the game's good or not I'm never giving that writer a click, ever, lol) to "an absolute joy to get lost in" so I'd say the jury's still out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom